Notices
Fox Mustangs 1979-1993 Mustangs Member Tech & Restoration Discussion

This is the ultimate 4 eyed fox.....RARE

Search this Thread

Old 5/13/05, 08:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is the best lookin fox coupe ever made and is extreemly rare, it's also is my fav stang. And yes it has factory t-tops.
i deleted the pic by accident ...oops....there is a pic of it in the gallery....it's a 1981
Old 5/13/05, 08:48 PM
GTR Member

this picture has been passed around before, i dont like it, but whatever you like is up to you. arent those 4 banger wheels?
Old 5/13/05, 09:07 PM
GT Member

WoW! What Year is that?
Old 5/13/05, 09:23 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
is that a 79 notch? cuz i like them too :P
Old 5/13/05, 09:39 PM
My C/T is cooler than Arin is.

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
got anymore pics?
Old 5/13/05, 09:48 PM
GT Member

Thats about as basic as your gonna get
Old 5/14/05, 07:32 AM
GTR Member

yup, and as Paul said before, technically none had factory t-tops a different company installed them for Ford.
Old 5/14/05, 09:56 AM
Service Manager

Received 447 Likes on 221 Posts
This again shows were everyone has a different opinion. My first Fox mustang was a 1980 Coupe that looked similar to that only blue and without T-tops....and I wouldn't own another one of those even if it was given to me. So many advances were made into the later fox years that outperform and improve the later coupes. But that's my opinion
Old 5/14/05, 11:10 AM

That car is a 1981 the only year the t-tops came as a option on the coupes. It was a $874 option and came with power windows.
Old 5/14/05, 11:43 AM

those wheels are a option and came on the 4 cyliders, thje 4-cylider turbos, the 200 inline six and the 5.0.
Old 5/14/05, 11:50 AM
Service Manager

Originally posted by Blainer@May 14, 2005, 11:13 AM
That car is a 1981 the only year the t-tops came as a option on the coupes. It was a $874 option and came with power windows. And about your comment paul, you of all people should know that the advancements on the mustangs from 79-93 are ALL interchangable and you could make that car the best at show. In the near future a car like this one and the 79-82 stangs are gunna be worth BIG bucks and they are a dying breed. Everyone who is a stang lover should commemorate these cars because if it wasn't for these, the there would not have been a 15 year span of the same chassis and style that made the 5.0 a household name.

That is not true, T tops were available on other year models as well. I almost bought a factory 5.0 5 speed T top coupe years ago. Don't think that just because reading material says it wasn't that it is gospel....I have found more mistakes than I can count in many publications.

Sure parts are interchangeable but then the car is no longer what it was....I personally can't stand the "egg crate" grill, hood, taillights(which are NOT interchangeable without modifying/cutting the taillight panel ) and a few other things. The floor pans are week on the early foxes which is not something that is "interchangeable" so you must add support or frame connectors.

I disagree that the 79-82 stangs are going to be worth "BIG Bucks" in the NEAR future....I've been in this game a long time and the SVO Mustangs still have not gained "Big Buck" collector status....even '79 Pace Cars are not fetching what they should...there is a '79 Pace Car with a factory 302 less than 5 miles from me right now with $1700 on the windshield...been there a while now and no takers, it appears to be a pretty decent cars. I had an 84 GT Turbo with factory T tops, I was the 2nd owner with full documentation, window sticker etc and I had a HARD time getting $2500 for it....very nice car with working cruise and Ice cold A/C...82 GT's are the only ones bringing anything money wise. Not that their time won't come ONE DAY but it will not be in the near future and it won't be "BIG bucks" for a very long while.

By saying that you should be commemorating the Mustang II's because without them there would be no Mustang today.....That statement means nothing....every Mustang enthusiast has their own favorite models...that doesn't mean they have to worship models they do not like....Everyone has opinions but you shouldn't expect others to hold the same opinion as you do.

As far as values go....I've been a player for a very long time in this game....I've watched Shelby Mustangs go from current Fox prices to the all time highs we have seen....I've been with the Foxes since their beginning and shopped every new one in the dealers from 85-present.....Certain Fox models have surprised one way and others the other way but you can't expect a 1981 4 cylinder coupe with T tops to bring "BIG Bucks" when the all time performers of that era aren't bringing it. Sure there is a butt for every seat but those butts are quite rare today for those early fox seats. You may not want to admit or believe it but facts are facts.
Old 5/14/05, 12:04 PM

To find a 1981 t-top notchback(the one in the pic has a inline 6 not a 4 banger)is nearly impossible. They are not around I have found 10 that still exist and i have searched the net and other sources for 10 years. The option of the t-tops on the coupes ONLY came in 1981 as far as my 10 years of research has provided.
Old 5/14/05, 01:24 PM
Service Manager

Originally posted by Blainer@May 14, 2005, 12:07 PM
Try to find a 1981 t-top notchback(the one in the pic has a inline 6 not a 4 banger). They are not around I have found 10 that still exist and i have searched the net and other sources for 10 years. The option of the t-tops on the coupes ONLY came in 1981. They did on the other hand be on the hatchbacks for many years up to 1988 I believe but dont quote me on it. What you consider the mustangs II's are from 74-78. Foxes are from 79-93....DUH! :bang:
Whatever you say I don't care what you might think but it has been said that SVOs never came with T tops but that has been proven wrong as well...and the reason there are no 6 and 4 cylinder coupes around anymore is because most people don't and did not want them and they have been crushed, junked or left to sit in a backyard somewhere....it's reality and one day I guess you'll have to live with that.

Next, I know full well that Foxes are from 79-93...I suggest you get a clue and drop the attitude and get the point.....I'll spell it out for you...IF THERE HAD NEVER BEEN A MUSTANG II THEN THERE WOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN A FOX MUSTANG...point being that without that section of the timeline there would have been no continuence of the car....DUH!!! :bang: This was in reference to your comment about celebrating the early Foxes...some like them, some don't...I suggest you deal with that and let it sink in as well.

Now that we are behind that and I have been as nice as I can be up to this point....People are not always going to agree with you...deal with it and get over it! Also if you continue to sit on your self important High horse and act toward others in a condescending manner with your "DUH" and ":bang:" then I will GLADLY show you the door marked EXIT from this area.

My main point of contention is your attitude here.....I don't claim to know it all but I have forgotten much more than a great many do now. With that said YOU certainly don't know it all either and the sooner you realize that and drop the condenscending use of "Duh" and ":bang:" smilies, the better you will fit in around here. If you don't like the suggestions I have made for an attidue change then I suggest you not post here as my position on this is not likely to change.
Old 5/14/05, 02:59 PM
GTR Member

Paul is right, and he knows lot about mustangs, i am very sure he knows what year is which platform, dont assume we are all stupid.
Old 5/14/05, 05:07 PM

I am not assuming that you are stupid just stating the facts about 1981 t-top coupes.
Old 5/15/05, 09:58 AM
Service Manager

Originally posted by Blainer@May 14, 2005, 5:10 PM
I am not assuming that you are stupid just stating the facts about 1981 t-top coupes. Also you do know that the foxes are the reason why the 5.0 is a common household name in the mustang world . i was just stating a point and you didnt have to drag this on like it was a compitition. We are all lovers of the mustang and what the car stands for. I know lots about stangs as well as you and i am sorry that you took me wrong. Please drop it and get back to the point I like the 1981 t-top style( you don't ). I was just stating it trying to find out other peoples likes and the year they like.
No, I think I did need to make a point.....The T top was in fact available and is on other year model coupes...yes it is rare but they are out there. It may be listed as an option in literature for 1981 only but you fail to recognize that there are other circumstances that create these cars like Executive cars and special order circumstances that do not fall under "normal" dealer opperating procedure. My example of the SVO is proof of that....NEVER was it listed that you could get T tops in a Mustang SVO...yet there have been at least a half dozen of these cars surface and they are not aftermarket additions, rather they are the same in every detail as those with the box checked at the dealer when listed as available. Point being...no matter how adament you want to be about this...you are wrong in your "matter of fact" type of statement...nothing is or ever has been completely cut and dry in areas such as this. I am not the only one that apparently "took you wrong"...your use of smilies and words (ie: duh!) is not appropriate for adult conversation if you expect any form of return respect while here.

Yes, the point you like them as well as others....I may not and others may not. Regardless there is no need to be condescending toward others because they disagree with your outlook.

Just like your "Whale Tale" vs. "Saleen" comment....they are not 2 different spoilers rather they are the same exact spoiler but people call them by different names. My proof in that statement is that you don't see a seperate wing for sale as a "whale tail".....they are Saleen knock off in design...there may be variations but they are all a knock off of that wing when it comes to Mustangs. Now a "Whale Tail" is what I would consider a Porsche 911 type spoiler and although there may be one out there sold for a Mustang...I have yet to see it and 99.9999% of the time if someone calls one that in reference to a Mustang they are referring to a Saleen "Style" rear spoiler. But there was no need for you to add your :bang: smilie which clearly gave the impression that you felt the other person was an idiot for stating such information.

Remember, this is the internet....there is no tone of voice or visible mannerisms so think carefully before you hit submit to make sure you are not comming off in a condescending or derogatory manner.
Old 5/15/05, 10:22 AM
GT Member

Again, we all have different opinions. I like absolutely nothing about those cars, but I'm from a different generation as well. However, its true that i wouldnt be driving my car if it wasnt for those mustangs either....
Old 5/15/05, 11:05 AM

:shock:
Old 5/15/05, 12:28 PM

This is what i concider a "wail tail"

[attachmentid=21246]
Old 5/15/05, 03:56 PM

I own an '81 T-Top coupe and have seen others from different years. The fact is, until Ford releases (meaning SELLS, they only recently sold the facts on the late '60's and early 70's numbers) the facts for the Fox bodyn no one will know for sure.
Also, the T-Top coupes are rare. That's why I bought one. IMHO, all Fox body Mustangs will be the '55-'57 Cherolets of the future for obvious reasons.
Just my opinion.

Quick Reply: This is the ultimate 4 eyed fox.....RARE