Notices
Fox Mustangs 1979-1993 Mustangs Member Tech & Restoration Discussion

Show Foxes

Search this Thread

Old 11/10/04, 08:38 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whats going on people? Now i know that there is only so much one can do cosmetically to a fox body, but everytime i go to a car show, i see a simple fox with a cowl hood and a saleen spoiler (which i have as well!) Now, this ISNT A BAD THING, yet im getting bored of seeing the same 15 cars pull up that are exactly the same. I made an example out of my car, and at least made it a bit different from the pack. I have a 91 GT with the following modifications:

Cobra R hood
Stalker front bumper
Xenon side skirts
Canadian Custom fiberglass Street Heat Cowl
Saleen Spoiler
Cobra front fender extensions
Xenon back bumper (try finding another mustang with one, its discontinued)
Shaved antenna
Shaved door handles
Shaved locks/trunk lock
lowered 2.5"
17 Konig Monsoon wheels
projector headlights and taillights

What i tryed to do was bring my 91 into the 21st century....it is essentially a fox body, with the stalker nose and everything, yet looks a heck of a lot nicer. And everytime i go to a show, people are amazed at a fox that looks strikingly different from the average one. I dont know, maybe i am wrong....just my opinion i guess.
Old 11/10/04, 10:17 AM
GTR Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Welcome Chris! Do you have any pictures of your ride?
Old 11/10/04, 10:56 AM
GT Member

Yes, pics please. Never seen a shaved fox.
Old 11/10/04, 12:19 PM
GT Member

Hey, thanks guys, glad to be here. I do not have any pics of my car except for a fuzzy one on my cell phone and video from my analog camcorder. I should be punching myself in the face for it! I got the car back from the body shop in August, and went on vacation with my girlfriend soon after. I took the car off the road in september and have been busy with college since then. My friend has a digital camera, so i'll get a bunch of pics as soon as possible.
Old 11/10/04, 12:25 PM
GT Member

A correction: my rear bumper is the razzi style bumper, not the xenon bumper. Let me tell you, ive been through heck and back with that car. Before the body was redone, the car was originally a florida car, with absolutely no rust on it whatsoever. The body itself was in GREAT shape, except a few areas where the paint peeled (but the stock paint was still in great shape). However, when i bought all of the fiberglass parts, not a single one of them besides the spoiler fit correctly. I had problems with Cervinis stalker nose (it sat too low), the Boss Cobra R hood needed to be raised on the drivers side, the xenon skirts didnt match and needed to be cut, and my back bumper was a total nightmare! Beware, unless you go to a body shop that does a half @** job, you are going to have problems with fiberglass! Even my door poppers needed to be replaced with 50 lb. poppers because the other ones i bought werent powerful enough....they charge good money for body pieces that my paint guy calls complete garbage!
Old 11/10/04, 12:53 PM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Chris-

Hello and welcome!

Look forward to seeing your ride.

I’m not sure why there aren’t more “21st Century†Foxes rolling around. Something about the Foxes seems to negate too much “add-onsâ€, but I’ve seen a few that look great! The lines of the Foxes tend to lend themselves to “simple†design add-ons. Heck . . add some 5-lug Cobra R’s (Or any other 5-lug SN-95 wheel/tire package), or Weld Lites and the look is improved over stock (But I do like stock Foxes, especially 1982 GT’s, 1983 GT’s, SVO’s, 1993 Cobra’s, and Notches) without having to get too crazy. Is it too plain? Maybe, but the simple nature of the body lines hold up well with minimal mods, i.e., wheels/tires.
Old 11/10/04, 04:11 PM

the 87-93's have alot more aftermarket cosmetics for them. us 4-eyes usually have to settle for cowls or stormin normans. The aero-nose foxes are alot easier to make look up to date.
Winkcm95, Are you talking about your 87-93 bunch? or all dem foxes?

on my 84' Im stuck with 1 1/2 in. cowl, stock spoiler, and air dam....but it looks goooood...that is....... on my model car

-Chris
Old 11/10/04, 07:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

home here, hardly any fox is the same, yetr they all look great. One guy has a whit one with the older stlye mach hood, stalker kit, 351 engine with a procharger, cobra r wheels, ets...IN ADVANCE...no pics sorry
Old 11/12/04, 08:41 AM
GT Member

Munkey--

Ya know, good point. Anything before 87 has even fewer options than the 87-93 crowd. I didnt even really look at it that way... However, www.mrbodykit.com did manage to bring out a new body kit for the 79-86, which is modeled after the more current saleen kits. They also have the Concept X for 87-93, but i think looks god awful ugly in my opinion. I was just really comparing the amount of aftermarket body add ons versus the newer mustangs (87-93 versus 94-04 are no comparison). Most of the styles for the foxes are worn out in my opionion too. Although the mach 1 and cowl hoods and ofcourse the saleen bumper do look appealing, seeing a few too many of them over the years have left a sour taste in my mouth. Wheres the new choices?
Old 11/16/04, 09:37 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
dont get me started on the conxpet X body kit
Old 11/17/04, 01:13 PM
Bullitt Member

My 91 is bone stock. Kind of makes it unique these days.

I agree with you. I don't understand why everyone modifies their car to make it unique, but end up doing the same mods everyone else does.
Old 11/17/04, 03:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

how is it unique if everyone else has it???point exactly taken
Old 11/18/04, 01:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Really the only way you can get unique is if you do a custom set of wheels. Personally I am not into the body kits. One of the best looking cars I have ever seen was a 93 coupe, painted vibrant red, lowered , with chrome 99 cobra wheels on it. It is one of my buddies cars. He took his time with the motor compartment and covered up any open holes and also hid most of his wires. Its not just for show but has the go with it. The car made 330 rwhp the first time on the dyno with 150 miles on the motor.
Old 11/18/04, 01:22 PM
Bullitt Member

I also like his other car. Its not unique either but its one tire toating ****.
Old 11/18/04, 07:10 PM
Bullitt Member

So far IMO these are some of the best looking wheels on a fox body I have seen for awhile:

While these come in as a very close second:

And this is simply the best looking fox body kit I have seen PERIOD!:

Old 12/1/04, 05:28 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
wat is that kit called? i like it all 'cept the wing
Old 12/2/04, 12:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

I mean really what ever happened to Sanja. That is one of, if not the best fox body kit around. I would have gotten that kit in a heartbeat. I know I'm gonna make a few people mad with this comment, but I am so tired of seeing that stalker front end and the stick on Saleen junk. Look! A new body kit from LEE Press-on Kits. Sorry, rant over. I do think you are extremely right about being bored with the same old stuff.
Old 12/2/04, 04:46 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Those are 10th ann. cobra wheels on the green 5.0 right? They look VERY nice on the car!!

sscobra: you make a good point. But people will do what 'they' like (or can afford for that matter), myself included. I have 'Saleen junk' on my car, and cobra junk and mach1 junk etc. lol. But one thing i'll NEVER do (and a lot of people do this) is try and pass my car off as being something it's not. It's a 2.3 (yea thats right 2.3) and for example i'll never put a 5.0 emblem on my car or the word 'saleen' across my windshield, that would just be retarded. I did use the saleen fade stripe because I realy like how it looks. This thread is about foxes looking cosmetically the same, well I tried to mix it up a bit on my car while also keeping each part mustang related, and I have not seen 1 fox that looks just like mine and i'm proud of that. Oh by the way sscobra, do you happen to have a pic of that Sonja kit you spoke of? I've never heard of it and am curious to see it.

Long live the fox!
Old 12/2/04, 05:01 PM
GTR Member

These are some of the Ultimate foxs, I have ever seen. yes, the wheels on the green fox are 03 cobra tenth anniversery wheels.
Old 12/2/04, 08:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by wildstanglx90@December 2, 2004, 5:49 PM
Those are 10th ann. cobra wheels on the green 5.0 right? They look VERY nice on the car!!

sscobra: you make a good point. But people will do what 'they' like (or can afford for that matter), myself included. I have 'Saleen junk' on my car, and cobra junk and mach1 junk etc. lol. But one thing i'll NEVER do (and a lot of people do this) is try and pass my car off as being something it's not. It's a 2.3 (yea thats right 2.3) and for example i'll never put a 5.0 emblem on my car or the word 'saleen' across my windshield, that would just be retarded. I did use the saleen fade stripe because I realy like how it looks. This thread is about foxes looking cosmetically the same, well I tried to mix it up a bit on my car while also keeping each part mustang related, and I have not seen 1 fox that looks just like mine and i'm proud of that. Oh by the way sscobra, do you happen to have a pic of that Sonja kit you spoke of? I've never heard of it and am curious to see it.

Long live the fox!
Wildstang: I hope you didn't take too much of what I said to heart. Not everyone is going to agree with each other about what looks good. However, I am a firm believer that if a lot of people see the same car and said it was ugly, then more than likely they have a good point. I by no means think that the majority always wins. Anyways, back the the cars. I think one of the things I love most about these cars is the ability to make it your own (some good and yes some bad). I have said this a number of times, "if were not for the ugly cars, nobody would appreciate the nice cars". We have all seen many good ideas gone bad (take the idea of an AC Cobra front end and hanging it on a 99+ Mustang, the silver fugly thing that we have all seen, or say like a factory five Cobra that just uses mustang parts to make it affordable and easier to access by more people. One bad idea, one good idea). As far as the fox body Saleen kit. I do like the way it looks. However, to me the execution could be better. I just don't believe in putting more body lines on a car. Here's an idea, maybe make the the bumpers one peice and replace the entire factory bumper (aka 94+ style). Maybe BASF could help out, "we don't make the Saleen bumper, we make it the way they should have from the beginning". I do have some other ideas, but I really don't want to say to much about at this time as I am looking into marketing them sometime in the future. Also, I was not refering to the GTs made to look like Cobras, the stock GTs with Saleen kits, that's fine. I have always thought you should take the best of all the aftermarket has to offer and carefully blend it to make it your perfect car (as you stated, just don't be a poser). If you do it right it could turn out to be a lot of peoples perfect car. . As for the Sanja kit, the black car with the silver Saleen wheels is the Sanja kit. I have many old mustang magazines with their ads in it. Never could get them to answer the dang phone. Do you have any pics of you car, I am sure it is nice.

Quick Reply: Show Foxes