Notices
Fox Mustangs 1979-1993 Mustangs Member Tech & Restoration Discussion

The Legend of "Stormy"

Search this Thread

Old 9/16/04, 11:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well, this is an old family tale, that i thought i'd share with my fellow "Stangers"

ok

1983, my Aunt had been working at Fresno County Department of Social services for about 5 years and her credit was through the roof, my grandfather and her decided to go shopping for her 2nd Mustang (first one was a mustang 2 hatchback that was wrecked less than 2 weeks after it was bought, by my grandfather) well they gave the poor salesman heck, and eventually settled on this Black Notchback LX, 2.3L i-4, 4 spd, he (yes, i believe cars have souls, and genders, so MEH to you) had 7,000 miles put on him, but was in great running condition, the aunt kept him for a while, and somehow won this church raffle that she entered for charity to win a trip to Hawaii, while she was gone my grandfather did something to the engine (Supercharger, headwork, installed dual exhaust, 4 barrel carb., and whatever else he could think of) and suddenly the 88 hp car was outrunning new MY Corvettes, Camaros, and Firebirds on the freeway, along with a few assorted highwaypatrol 5.0s.

It was ok, cause they knew the car. I guess grandpa did a little bragging about what he dad done to it while she was gone. Anyway, my aunt will finish the story.

One june morning, mid june, I was on my way to work, 6:30 in the morning. I had the windows down and the stereo way up. This freaking farm labor van, an ecoline, stops in the middle of the road. I was already pulling out to pass.

He all of a sudden turned left in front of me. I went airborne into a canal. End of story is this. He had no brake lights, and no turn signals, and while the highyway patrolman was helping me out of the canal he was fixing his $&%*& lights. BTW, seatbelts dont always work, they broke on stormy, and to add insult to injury, the sob of a patrolman did not even look up when I was yelling at him to see, the man is fixing his lights. The cops responce, when he finally looked up, was "Oh, yeah..."

Nephew is back on line now with the extimates horsepower and torque ratings
on Stormy.

403 - hp
423 -tq
Old 9/18/04, 04:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

403 hp. 423 tq. From a 2.3l I-4. One word...ouch
Old 9/18/04, 04:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

Oh, and lucky aunt of yours by the sounds.
Old 9/18/04, 05:51 PM
Bullitt Member

yup she has had some interesting vehicles from a corvette killing '70 Skylark to stormy