Notices
Fox Mustangs 1979-1993 Mustangs Member Tech & Restoration Discussion

Any 2.3 Guys (or girls)

Search this Thread

Old 8/24/05, 06:25 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by kevinspann@August 9, 2005, 12:02 PM
I'd like to see how many people out there are interested in the 2.3l mustangs, and not just for parts, or to put a 5.0 in! Their so easy to put a Turbo motor, in. but they dont get no respect, and i'd almost rather have a turbo four over a 5.0.

What with gas prices hitting new highs daily.
I can't believe there's any thing else out there. LOL
As for going fast? I suppose that's alright.
I mean it is your money. Er, Well, I guess its Haliburtons now.
But than whats wrong with just having a good looking Mustang?
http://members.***.net/daysleepin/family.htm

Understand that I am 49 and when I was 17 I purchased gas for 24.9 cents per gallon. Plus, they not only pumped the gas for me but, they cleaned my windows. Its currently around 2.50 per gallon.

With that said I suspect that that when the 17 year olds on this board reach 49 gas will sell for around $25.00 per gallon.

I am also sure the minimum wage will be higher as well but, I doubt it will keep up. Since that has not happened in the past.

I have lived thru this big brother country imposing a 55 mile an hour speed limit before . I just hope they don't do it again. All my ponies are 2.3s and will hold 80 mph on the open highway. They may not be quick. but, they do the trick.

http://gasbuddy.com/
Old 8/25/05, 07:53 AM
Service Manager

Received 430 Likes on 208 Posts
Originally posted by Daysleepin@August 24, 2005, 6:28 PM
What with gas prices hitting new highs daily.
I can't believe there's any thing else out there. LOL
As for going fast? I suppose that's alright.
I mean it is your money. Er, Well, I guess its Haliburtons now.
But than whats wrong with just having a good looking Mustang?
http://members.***.net/daysleepin/family.htm

Understand that I am 49 and when I was 17 I purchased gas for 24.9 cents per gallon. Plus, they not only pumped the gas for me but, they cleaned my windows. Its currently around 2.50 per gallon.

With that said I suspect that that when the 17 year olds on this board reach 49 gas will sell for around $25.00 per gallon.

I am also sure the minimum wage will be higher as well but, I doubt it will keep up. Since that has not happened in the past.

I have lived thru this big brother country imposing a 55 mile an hour speed limit before . I just hope they don't do it again. All my ponies are 2.3s and will hold 80 mph on the open highway. They may not be quick. but, they do the trick.

This is very true.....For years(actually since new), people have overlooked cars like the Base LX and even the Mustang SVO because "it's not a V8)....who is laughing now? if I stay out of the boost I can get over 30MPG from a Mustang SVO that makes as much power in stock form as a 5.0 Mustang

Sadly though in today's circumstance that isn't even enough....we are spread out in the United States and those like me who live in a rural area still get soaked just to travel to and from work. Wages are not going up to help compensate so we must eat the higher gas prices. Until we can get those wasting fuel with senseless trips in SUV's and the like then we are stuck. I am in the process of looking for a Motorcycle right now...my commute to work is 1/2 mile but my wife's is MUCH more so for my local errands and travel I am going to do something about it to save myself money. My Crew Cab Dually has been sitting unmoved in my driveway coming up on a month now. I'm fed up with this BS...oil companies are posting record profits....that shows me that greed is feeding a lot of this current pricing.

The bottom line is that unless EVERY ONE of us makes some sort of change in our useage then we are stuck paying higher prices...if EVERYONE just does SOMETHING to change and lessen their useage then there can be an affect on pricing.....the problem is that many people think they can't make a difference or have enough disposable income that they don't care....I don't know about everyone else but I personal DON'T have disposable income! So I am making changes....
Old 8/25/05, 09:40 AM
Bullitt Member

Paul, you could always get a scooter....
Old 8/25/05, 09:44 AM
Service Manager

Received 430 Likes on 208 Posts
Originally posted by kevinspann@August 25, 2005, 9:43 AM
Paul, you could always get a scooter....

Sorry but I won't drive a Kia and I won't ride a Scooter

What I am looking at is a Cruiser type bike...a Honda Shadow....I won't pay what they want nor do I really want a Harley and I am not a sport bike type of guy.
Old 8/25/05, 11:30 AM
GT Member

Bikes can be fun this time of year.
and save a small fortune in fuel costs.
And yes the smaller bikes tend to beat you to death as compared to the bigger bikes

However, from my own experiance come winter. And
even while using gloves that I thought were adequate I found my throttle hand had frozen to the grip and I came very close to eating a car bumper. Needless to say Bikes don't makes sense in winter. Even though they save alot of cents at the pump.

Gosh I miss my Honda 90
It took 1.9 gallons to fill it up and it lasted all week.
Tho on long trips of 20 miles or more at a time it did tend to really wear you out.

Tho the biggest challenge was driving it on ice.
Needless to say I learned real qiuck to throw my legs straight up into the air on wipe outs. Trust me a buddie peg in the shin will make a grown man cry every time.
Old 8/30/05, 08:20 PM
GT Member

I wonder how long before we see threads asking the feasibility of converting a 5.0 to a 2.3 LOL

Ever so much?
I wonder What happened to that famous TV commercial
That says
"Son can you say HEMI?
Its important Ya, Know."

I just don't see that TV commercial anymore?
Maybe he choak on a pretzel when he did have his Koolaid close by. LOL

Gosh it took 40 bucks to fill up my 4 cyl?

http://toccionline.kizash.com/films/1001/178/