Notices
Fox Mustangs 1979-1993 Mustangs Member Tech & Restoration Discussion

American muscle

Search this Thread

Old 4/14/15, 01:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
American muscle

Just came back from their malvern location. I was very dissapointed, to say the least. I went there to purchase an item and not have to wait to ship. I also brought along an item I bought from their eBay sales known as turn 5 sales. There is an issue with the item I purchased and I was hoping I could pick up my new parts plus get a replacement for this item while I was there.

The item is an SR caster camber kit for 87-93 mustangs. As any of you know (or don't) when you have project cars you buy parts and they can sit around for months before you actually get around to installing them. Physically the parts looked fine, but there was a welded in bolt that is not straight and causes the bracket to not work, slide freely as it should.

The person I dealt with (Brick) explained he could not do anything for me because it was an eBay purchase. He told me to email them through eBay. I found this frustrating as I was right there in person! What easier way to fix and resolve the issue, I have the item you can see the issue. The box still has all the shipping labels from turn 5, shipped from Malvern PA. Should've been pretty easy I think to swap out one bracket for me.

I explained it was an SR brand which is their house brand and that Ive purchased several thousand dollars worth of parts from both their American muscle and eBay/turn 5 entities for both my 87 vert and my 11 gt. I am not a scammer trying to pull a scam on them for a $150.00 part.

Those words fell on deaf ears! I was at least hoping to get some kind of resolve from this. No wasn't looking for all new parts but perhaps just the one bracket replaced with a good one.

Rant over. Any of you who know me know this is not my style! I was just very dissapointed with the service.

Last edited by alcarames; 4/14/15 at 06:23 PM.
Old 4/15/15, 06:52 AM
Former Vendor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by alcarames
Just came back from their malvern location. I was very dissapointed, to say the least. I went there to purchase an item and not have to wait to ship. I also brought along an item I bought from their eBay sales known as turn 5 sales. There is an issue with the item I purchased and I was hoping I could pick up my new parts plus get a replacement for this item while I was there.

The item is an SR caster camber kit for 87-93 mustangs. As any of you know (or don't) when you have project cars you buy parts and they can sit around for months before you actually get around to installing them. Physically the parts looked fine, but there was a welded in bolt that is not straight and causes the bracket to not work, slide freely as it should.

The person I dealt with (Brick) explained he could not do anything for me because it was an eBay purchase. He told me to email them through eBay. I found this frustrating as I was right there in person! What easier way to fix and resolve the issue, I have the item you can see the issue. The box still has all the shipping labels from turn 5, shipped from Malvern PA. Should've been pretty easy I think to swap out one bracket for me.

I explained it was an SR brand which is their house brand and that Ive purchased several thousand dollars worth of parts from both their American muscle and eBay/turn 5 entities for both my 87 vert and my 11 gt. I am not a scammer trying to pull a scam on them for a $150.00 part.

Those words fell on deaf ears! I was at least hoping to get some kind of resolve from this. No wasn't looking for all new parts but perhaps just the one bracket replaced with a good one.

Rant over. Any of you who know me know this is not my style! I was just very dissapointed with the service.

Hey alcarames,

Sorry that you feel like you had a bad experience with someone here at AM. We definitely take care of our customers and I never want anyone that purchases from us to be anything but happy with their order. The product you purchased off of eBay is actually handled through a third party but ships from our warehouse. They're not new/resellable items, but regardless I don't want to leave you hanging as a customer of ours in the past - even if this wasn't a direct purchase through us. Either way, I want to go ahead and get you taken care of and make an exception - not because you came here to vent online, but because that's the way I do things. Hit me up directly and I'll have this taken care of for you today!

Alex

Last edited by AMAlexLazarus; 4/15/15 at 08:35 AM.
Old 4/15/15, 07:11 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 776 Likes on 567 Posts
You should have been able to handle everything right on the spot. AM should fix this so stuff can be returned/replaced at their store pronto!
Old 4/15/15, 10:24 AM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
This is happening to allot of retailers. Shop at sports Authority on line you can not get any support in the stores. Sears, Kmart are doing the same thing. So many are. I am not a fan of it but I can understand it. Allot of retailers are using Ebay to get rid of old, refurbish, discontinued, over runs at a much lower cost. allot of retailers are use to getting retail and do not want to lower there prices so they use another source for that.
I'm not saying it is good or bad it is just the way it is.
Old 4/15/15, 11:30 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus
Hey alcarames,

Sorry that you feel like you had a bad experience with someone here at AM. We definitely take care of our customers and I never want anyone that purchases from us to be anything but happy with their order. The product you purchased off of eBay is actually handled through a third party but ships from our warehouse. They're not new/resellable items, but regardless I don't want to leave you hanging as a customer of ours in the past - even if this wasn't a direct purchase through us. Either way, I want to go ahead and get you taken care of and make an exception - not because you came here to vent online, but because that's the way I do things. Hit me up directly and I'll have this taken care of for you today!

Alex
Hey Alex, I actually met you about two years ago when I went to your malvern
location for the first time to pick up tpm sensors. You gave me a tour and coming from VW's myself we had a lot to talk about.

The misunderstanding here is that I'm whining or complaining to get freebies. That is not the case. In fact I will be buying maximum motorsports caster camber plates instead now. Possibly even from AM.

I can certainly understand why you don't want people to know that the eBay seller is American muscle, just a different aspect of your business. I've spoken to the guy who handles the eBay sales from previous purchases and he does in fact work for turn5/ American muscle. That is not the point here.

I will tell you how Brick could have handled the situation better though. I can understand as a business you don't just want to open another box anytime someone comes in with damaged parts just to give them the one piece. That's all new undamaged stock. I get that. But since I was there, he could've said I'll take your name and number and I see the problem I will let the guy know who handles the eBay stuff to call you. I would've been perfectly satisfied with that. But instead customer service was sacrificed for the sake of denying and trying to disprove any associations to the eBay sales aspect.

Thank you for you effort though.
Old 4/17/15, 04:37 PM

"...handled through a third party but ships from our warehouse. They're not new/resellable items..." Did I just read that these guys are selling previously returned crap merchandise? Thanks for the big heads-up American Muscle, is this what you guys do with the stuff you don't want AM's name on? Curious.
Old 4/19/15, 12:12 AM
Bullitt Member

To answer your question, not all of the stuff sold by them on eBay is used/returned. Most of it is blemished or open package items that they may have used for picture purposes.
Old 4/19/15, 09:04 AM

Thanks Al. I have a '90 stripped to frame/unibody and I'm actively seeking suspension parts. As you've seen the prices on these little baubles like caster/camber plates are either exactly the same everywhere online or there are off-brand versions like the SR stuff or SVE from you know where. I too frequent eBay trying to save a buck or in hopes of finding the OE part that someone has stowed away and needs to be rid of. Now I have to be leery about buying your returned plates? Thanks you've just turned me off to any SR plates on eBay. I agree, in-person, in-store should be the complete opposite. Wish I would've read in your post how CS rep blew you away and you walked out of there having bought a bunch of stuff at a big discount. Sadly, and I are little fish in what must be considered a really big pond. That dollar will come from elsewhere?
Old 4/19/15, 11:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Freelance4
Thanks Al. I have a '90 stripped to frame/unibody and I'm actively seeking suspension parts. As you've seen the prices on these little baubles like caster/camber plates are either exactly the same everywhere online or there are off-brand versions like the SR stuff or SVE from you know where. I too frequent eBay trying to save a buck or in hopes of finding the OE part that someone has stowed away and needs to be rid of. Now I have to be leery about buying your returned plates? Thanks you've just turned me off to any SR plates on eBay. I agree, in-person, in-store should be the complete opposite. Wish I would've read in your post how CS rep blew you away and you walked out of there having bought a bunch of stuff at a big discount. Sadly, and I are little fish in what must be considered a really big pond. That dollar will come from elsewhere?
Yes, I mostly use AM or latemodel for my foxbody parts. I've been happy with AM so far. The nice thing about AM for me is that they are pretty close so I can just go pick up parts if I need them instantly instead of waiting a couple of days for shipping.

Good luck with your build. I've done a lot to mine over the last year. Now it's just some finishing touches and I'll be done for a while.
Old 4/20/15, 05:02 AM
V6 Member

Alex from AM rocks!!