Notices
Fox Mustangs 1979-1993 Mustangs Member Tech & Restoration Discussion

7up Edition

Search this Thread

Old 6/15/06, 06:27 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
7up Edition

I'm considering a Fox Mustang as a project/fun car for my son and I. I've done some research and really like the 7up LX convertible.

However, I have what may be a stupid question. If I see an ad for a 1990 LX 5.0 convertible that's Emerald Green with a white interior, does that make it a 7up? In other words did Ford make other Em Green/white verts that weren't 7ups? I know that there's a special edition sticker near the radiator mount, but I'm just trying to screen the ads.

Thanks in advance, I'm kinda new to the Fox era.
Old 6/15/06, 06:29 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by H60Dog
I'm considering a Fox Mustang as a project/fun car for my son and I. I've done some research and really like the 7up LX convertible.

However, I have what may be a stupid question. If I see an ad for a 1990 LX 5.0 convertible that's Emerald Green with a white interior, does that make it a 7up? In other words did Ford make other Em Green/white verts that weren't 7ups? I know that there's a special edition sticker near the radiator mount, but I'm just trying to screen the ads.

Thanks in advance, I'm kinda new to the Fox era.
One of the guys at work has one, I can ask if he knows on Monday.
Old 6/15/06, 08:11 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They came with the turbine wheels from the GT. I won't swear to it but I don't think that color combo was available unless it was the 7UP Edition.
Old 6/15/06, 08:29 PM
GT Member

Thanks for the info.

Now the search continues, found one on collector car trader...6 hours away. 94k miles, $6,500. May be worth a phone call...road trip!
Old 6/16/06, 01:26 AM
Cobra R Member

This info comes from "40 years of mustang" magazine...by editors of mustang monthly and mustangs & fords...

http://www.mustangmonthly.com/toc/17...toc/index.html

"The car's white leather interior,white dashpad,and white console combination was unique among all Fox Mustangs.In 1991 convertibles were offered with the same green paint color and white leather interior,but they where built with a gray dashpad and gray console,and were equipped with the 16 by 7 inch star wheels (not the 7up 15 by 7 inch turbine style) found on all 91-93 LX and GT 5.0s."

Good luck with your search...always really liked the 7up foxes

Old 6/16/06, 01:31 AM
Cobra R Member

Old 6/16/06, 05:39 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Without looking it up I couldn't remember if that color was available except for the 7UP cars.
Old 6/16/06, 06:37 AM
Service Manager

Received 447 Likes on 221 Posts
I own a 7up Mustang.....actually I was considering selling it in the near future....but anyway here is the deal:

These cars never had a factory "limited edition" sticker anywhere....they were officially Ford's 25th anniversary edition but every '89 Mustang from April 15th(I believe) on had the 25th anniversary dash badge...yet that did NOT make them anniversary editions.

These cars are the ONLY Fox mustang to ever have a white dash and white console...and they have no armrest on the console.

They all had body colored side mouldings which no other 1990 model had.

They all had the GT turbine 15X7 wheels on them.

Ford did make other Deep Jewel Green convertibles with white interior starting in '92 I believe(could have been '91) but they all have grey dash and consoles with armrest.

That is the easy way to tell a real "7up" edition

This is my car but I have since gone back to the turbine wheels....Note my car has the '93 Limited Edition rear spoiler...I removed the luggage rack and added that so that is not something that originally came on the 7up cars. I also added matching green embroidery on the headrests that reads "25th Anniversary" when I reupholstered the seats...that is my doing and not original to this model.
Attached Thumbnails 7up Edition-7upatpig.jpg  
Old 6/16/06, 02:54 PM
FR500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
**** paul ur so **** lucky!!!! f'in gorgeous!!
Old 6/16/06, 03:10 PM
GT Member

Paul, thank you (and others) for the information. Your 7up LX is beautiful. The added touches (spoiler, embroidery) are perfect compliments to the car.

If you do decide to sell, you know where I live. However, from the looks of it, that car is out of my range. But I saved the picture so I have nice example to follow. Btw, I'm still working on the lady with the Cougar...her son swears he's going to get it going....someday...lol.

Thanks again.
Old 6/16/06, 04:03 PM
Service Manager

Paul, thank you (and others) for the information. Your 7up LX is beautiful. The added touches (spoiler, embroidery) are perfect compliments to the car.

If you do decide to sell, you know where I live. However, from the looks of it, that car is out of my range. But I saved the picture so I have nice example to follow. Btw, I'm still working on the lady with the Cougar...her son swears he's going to get it going....someday...lol.

Thanks again.
Thanks, you might be surprised....CPI value is up there but I was going to put a new top on it(I have it here already) and let it go for $6500. I've got nearly $15K in it with my purchase price then paint, interior and other restoration parts but realistically I won't get that for it and it's been a great car for the wife so it doesn't owe me much. I'd keep it but It wouldn't be driven much because while I am at the shop I would be afraid to get into the white interior to drive it and the wife now drives a '96 GT daily and I almost have her '95 GT Vert ready...she loved the car but wanted a newer body style. So rather than let it sit as a nice piece of furniture I'd rather see someone else enjoy it.

I've run into a lot of those cars that sit for years with claims of doing something but they never do....sad but there are a lot of those out there.
Old 6/16/06, 04:59 PM
GT Member

Paul, when you get a chance PM me with some pics and details, $6,500 is definately in my range. I just have to have enough left over in my slush fund for a down payment on my '07 when it comes in August.

Besides, if I make the trip to B'ham I can go to Johnny Rey's in Bessemer for some BBQ and sweet tea!
Old 6/17/06, 08:14 AM
Service Manager

I'll drop you a line next week when I get chance...
Old 6/18/06, 02:29 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by svopaul
I'll drop you a line next week when I get chance...
Thanks for your info and time, but it looks like I'm going to continue my search for a 1st gen car. My son (and daughter too) just couldn't warm up to the fox body style...even the vert .

Meanwhile, the search continues. See ya on the classic forums.
Old 6/18/06, 06:17 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Thanks for your info and time, but it looks like I'm going to continue my search for a 1st gen car. My son (and daughter too) just couldn't warm up to the fox body style...even the vert .

Remember the 1st gens aren't as safe. The gas tank IS THE TRUNK FLOOR.
The last one I restored I did some research on fuel cells and they have some that keep the stock look, but are MUCH safer.
Old 6/18/06, 06:51 PM
Service Manager

No problem...good luck in the search
Old 6/18/06, 07:29 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by karman
Remember the 1st gens aren't as safe. The gas tank IS THE TRUNK FLOOR.
The last one I restored I did some research on fuel cells and they have some that keep the stock look, but are MUCH safer.
Good point. If I was an engineer, I'd apply some of the technology we use for helicopter crashworthy fuel systems to classic cars. Maybe when I retire...
Old 6/18/06, 07:59 PM
V6 Member

so like all we need now is a coca cola stang and we are happenin eh?
Old 6/24/06, 12:02 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
HA!!
Old 6/25/06, 12:19 AM
V6 Member

now ive seen everything.... ok cmon someone just make my day and show me a red bull stang... cmon cmon ima just be pulling beverage names out and i wanna see em!!!