Notices
Fox Mustangs 1979-1993 Mustangs Member Tech & Restoration Discussion

2.3 Manual T-5 clutch clevis, fuel jumper lines

Search this Thread

Old 5/1/23, 10:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2.3 Manual T-5 clutch clevis, fuel jumper lines

Hello, My son and I are finishing up a rebuild on a 89, 2.3L conversion to a T-5. I am having trouble locating a few parts and was wondering if any of you would have suggestions.

1. The first is clevis that attaches the clutch cable to the clutch pivot arm on the flywheel housing (picture attached). I haven't had any luck find this part online but I am not sure I am using the correct terminology. Does anyone know what these are called and where I might find one (or is there a way to make our own from something)?

2. There are a set of fuel jumper hoses from the steel lines on the side frame to the fuel rail. One is 1/4 and the other is 5/16 I believe. The were brittle and one of the black quick connects broke when removing it. Does anyone know of a place producing these jumper lines complete? Or just the plastic quick connects? I know I can reuse the metal connectors to the fuel rail and I can buy the fuel hose but I have been unable to find the black. quick connectors to the steel lines.

Thanks in advance for your help! John S.

Last edited by 05stangkc; 5/1/23 at 01:25 PM.
Old 5/1/23, 01:02 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,861 Likes on 2,112 Posts
@jpstucky

Lots of Pages of Connectors At the Autozone Site! If You Still Can't Find. Some Pics of the Fittings Would Be Helpful!

https://www.autozone.com/fuel-delive...line-connector

Here You Go~ Oddly Enough By Part Number This Was Originally Designed as The Parking Brake Retainer on the 70's to 80 Pinto. I looked it Up In my Ford Dealership Old Microfiche and it as Listed / Shown as the Clutch Clevis on Your Mustang. Here is Some Sort of Supplier Which Shows this Part Number if That is Indeed What You Need!

I found the Pic in a Merkur Forum Where They Use this To Upgrade Their Clutch Setup. The Part Number Will at Least Give More Searchability.

https://www.pittauto.com/item/FOR%20D5FZ2861A

Might Also Find Some Things Here! Maybe Worth a Call!

https://prestigemustang.com/

KC

Last edited by 05stangkc; 5/1/23 at 02:04 PM.
Old 5/1/23, 02:04 PM

Found These Lines on Ebay!

???????

https://www.ebay.com/itm/22509266846...Bk9SR5q2xI77YQ

Says He Specializes in Fox Bodies! May Have Used Clevis as Well!

If you Go Used Stick with 87-90 On Fuel Lines As 91-93 Are Different! Looked Those Up on The Microfiche as Well. Part Numbers are Long Gone!

KC

Last edited by 05stangkc; 5/1/23 at 02:19 PM.
Old 5/1/23, 02:43 PM

Thanks for your help KC!

On the fuel lines I am kind of scared of going used but so far I haven't found anything new that matches the coupler. I sure as heck don't want anything to start leaking in that area. I will send pictures of coupler tonight.
Old 5/1/23, 04:50 PM

I used the Auction Pics For My Research If They Look Like Yours We Should Be Good!

Back in the Day When a Line Was No Longer Available, Ford Had Repair Connectors and Connectors on One End with a Length of Line. Many Counter People Never Dealt With these as They Were a Major Pain to Look Up and Hard to Find. Also the Descriptions Were Poorly Written on Some of The Pieces. So After My Disclaimer on these Here is My Findings. I'm Using Old Microfiche and Gut Instinct as I Don't Have Access to Current OEM Ford Parts Cataloging Anymore The Ford Repair Connector & Hoses are as Follows. I Will Post the 3/8 Number Just in Case. These are Also Available in 90 Degree But Yours Should Be Straight.

Ford Parts Were Never Cut & Dried! It was Always Challenging to Get the Right Parts! Guys I worked with over the Years Coming From other Makes Would Always Comment How Much More Difficult it was to Look Stuff up! and It Was!

1. 1/4 Straight with 18" Tubing # FORD E3FZ-9291-B Dorman Part Number 800-053
Looks Identical to me the {Auction Used Hoses} Smaller End
2. 5/16 Straight with 18" Tubing # FORD E3FZ-9291-C Dorman Part Number 800-050
A Bit Different Looking End But Believe it is Correct.
3. 3/8 Straight with 18" Tubing # FORD E5TZ-9291-AF Dorman Part Number 800-055

So You Would Cut To Length. Heat Hose End Up and Attach the Metal End to Repair Tube.

There are Some of the Obsolete Ford Parts on Ebay But They Might Be Dry and Brittle Depending on How They Were Stored. I would Find a Local Auto Parts Store That Carries The Dorman Repair Lines Like Maybe a Large Napa Store. You Can Search From Your Local Area on Their Websites and Find a Store That Has them on the Shelf So You can Return if they Don't Work and Not Mess with Shipping or Special Orders. REMEMBER to Try on Lines Before Cutting So Yo can Return if Them if Needed.

Amazon Shows Them and Are Returnable As Well At Least it Says They Are!

Here is The Dorman Site For Reference. TYPE IN FORD NUMBER IN INTERCHANGE.

https://www.dormanproducts.com/gsear...ch&q=e3fz9291b

hOPE tHIS dOES tHE tRICK! If You Have Questions I will Be Checking In!

KC

Last edited by 05stangkc; 5/2/23 at 09:39 AM.
Old 5/2/23, 04:17 PM

Thanks again for the info. I had actually tried the 800-050 and 800-055 Dorman kits and was not able to make the coupler fit on either. I have ordered the 053. It's strange because the metal ends are both made for 5/16 tubing but the metal lines on the firewall 1 is 5/16 and the other 1/4. So it would appear that it will take two different plastic quick couplers that are both barbed for 5/16. I'm going to get out the calipers tonight and do some measuring.
Old 5/2/23, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by jpstucky
Thanks again for the info. I had actually tried the 800-050 and 800-055 Dorman kits and was not able to make the coupler fit on either. I have ordered the 053. It's strange because the metal ends are both made for 5/16 tubing but the metal lines on the firewall 1 is 5/16 and the other 1/4. So it would appear that it will take two different plastic quick couplers that are both barbed for 5/16. I'm going to get out the calipers tonight and do some measuring.
Push Comes To Shove Many these Days Are Just Using FUEL INJECTION High Pressure Rubber Hose. That is The Popular Way With All the LS Swaps Going On These days. I Never Cared For the Hard Plastic Lines from Day One as They Snap Vs Flex and a Lot Of Them are Still on the Road Getting More Brittle By The Day. Hopefully You Will Find an Option You are Comfortable With. Curious How The 053 Works Out. LMK.

Since you Have Gone This Far Here are the Connector Only Part Numbers From Ford. There are Some on Ebay But Nobody Bothered to Get a Really Clear Picture. Do a Search from The Listed Numbers. Listed Small to Larger Size. Some Still Available From Ford But of Course No Real Pics on Those Auctions. Just Food For Thought!

Time Has Not Made This Particular Part Chase any Less Challenging!

Straight Connectors

https://www.ebay.com/

N806185-S190
N806187-S190
N806188-S190

With The New Info Regarding the Two Sizes on One I Was Reminded where You Would Have a Stepped Splice To Connect Two Different Size Plastic Hoses When Building Custom Hard Lines! It's Been The late 90's Since I Had Much Call for These Items when I Was Working. Serrated Stepped Tube about 1-1/2 / 2 Inches Long if I Remember. Similar to Those Used on Vacuum Lines But Heartier Build.

KC

Last edited by 05stangkc; 5/2/23 at 05:11 PM.
Old 5/4/23, 07:42 AM

KC, I sure appreciate everything! One last question--the pin that holds the clutch clevis--Do you show the Ford part number for that as well?
Old 5/4/23, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by jpstucky
KC, I sure appreciate everything! One last question--the pin that holds the clutch clevis--Do you show the Ford part number for that as well?
Here You Go!

THE CLIP!

352358-S100 Also Used on 428 Cj's Back in the Day! Ford Still Sells Them But Looks Like Box of 50! Better Go Ebay! They Sell These Style Clips At Lawnmower Shops I would Bet!

In a Pinch You Can use a Thin Flat Washer & Cotter Pin!

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...8s100&_sacat=0

https://www.fordpartsgiant.com/parts...ssion&filter=()

Box Of 50! If I was Still Working For Ford I would Be Sending in an Inquiry To Parts Expediter on this 50 B/S! Probably 10 Cents a Piece Back in the 60'S! Popular Part Back Then! Used On Clutch Pedal Rods Until Everything Went Hydraulic!

THE PIN!

The Clevis Pin is More Elusive. Found This Out There! In a Mg Post Using Pinto Clutch Pedals! I Looked up Ford Part & Searched!

Ford part #76025-S2
Or
Dorman part#120-042 should work if you cut it to length.
MG Website Comment!

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...dorman+120-042

AMAZON LIFETIME SUPPLY! Pins & Clips!

Amazon Amazon

HARBOR FREIGHT LIFETIME SUPPLY Pins & Clips!

https://www.harborfreight.com/74-pie...ent-67629.html

Happy Motoring!

KC

Last edited by 05stangkc; 5/4/23 at 09:54 AM.