Notices
Fox Mustangs 1979-1993 Mustangs Member Tech & Restoration Discussion

1993 GT mustang + 05 GT mustang

Search this Thread

Old 5/9/20, 03:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1993 GT mustang + 05 GT mustang

Hello everyone

someone just recently t boned my 05 GT mustang and I want to put the seats into my 93 GT any tips ? An I was also curious about the steering wheel if it was possible to put on my 93. Is this possible and has anyone ever tried it? Is there anything else I can use from the car ? Thank you for any input
Old 5/9/20, 07:59 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 669 Likes on 542 Posts
For the fronts, you'll need to swap the Fox seat rails to the S197 frames, and you'll take off the seatbelt connector on the seat (and use the Fox one as it is) then they should just bolt right on in. After that, it's a wiring job for any power in the seat. You can ignore the airbag/seatbelt connector, just lumbar or power seat is what you'd be wiring.

As to the rears, they simply will not work. You might get the bottoms to work, but the tops are not going to fit at all. You'll be better off getting covers to match the fronts custom made for the back, or take the back covers off your '05's and nip and tuck them to fit the Fox's. Bit more work than you may want to do, but hey... it's just stuff, if you doin' it, right?

The steering wheel is a maybe, but the clockspring and connections won't likely be right, and it's extremely likely the airbag is going to be a problem I would ABSOLUTELY NOT DO IT, but I'm not the boss of you. You'll just have to find out. I believe in you, go for it!

As far as anything else, well... that's honestly up to you, your tenacity and temerity, know how, want to, and all that. Money probably in there somewhere. Space to work in. Tools. Stuff. You can swap the engine, rear end, and if you really wanted to, you could probably move that entire interior over. Just a matter of how, really. Go look up B is for Build and VTuned and Mustang on Youtube. Those two projects are... amazing. Not something I'd tackle for reasons, but when you're putting a '67 body on a '15(!), or putting a '66 body around a '15's drive train, AND custom building a front suspension/engine cradle(!!!)... that shows you can do anything you want. If you can and want to.

Practically speaking, though, not much swaps easily between the cars. Wheels don't (they'll bolt, but won't work), suspension won't, axle won't, engine might, transmission is iffy, nothing else interior comes to mind, no glass, not the gas tank, even the mufflers aren't going to fit. They're really that kind of different. Unless you have a dremel.
Welcome to the forum, hope that helps!

/But don't do that wheel, really, because airbag.

//And I'm sorry to hear your '05 got smacked.

Last edited by houtex; 5/9/20 at 08:04 PM.
Old 5/9/20, 08:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
awesome this really helps