1964-1970 Mustang Member Tech & Restoration Discussion

Welcome Classic Mustang Owners!

Search this Thread

Old 7/23/04, 10:22 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just wanted to throw together a quick post to welcome all the new folks that show up daily anymore! We're glad you're here! The Mustang Source (TMS) is growing rapidly, with ~1350 members and over 40,000 posts. Somebody can correct me, but I think all this has occurred in UNDER 6 months! That's fantastic! :worship:

If you've ever spent much time on some of the other Mustang forums, I'm sure you'll recognize some of the names in the Classic Mustang Forum of TMS. As you've probably already noticed, we 65-73 folks have our own little "tech area", but the TMS forum itself is much bigger than this small room.

This site does have several nice features that may be different from other forums you have used. A couple really cool things I noticed (and liked) right away are the "View New Posts" and "My Assistant" tabs at the top RH corner of the page. VERY handy tools!

If you look at The Main Index, you'll note MANY seperate forums for everything from Testing, to Car Photos, Regional Forums, Classifieds, Late-models, and even a seperate Off-Topic Area, where you can post about your "new puppy", if you wish!!! You can feel free to post about almost anything, as there are seperate areas, and you won't be bumping somebody's tech question off the page. Explore and post in the various areas! There's plenty of nice and knowledgable people thruout this site!

You'll also notice that this forum is "pop to the top". If you see an old thread that YOU can add a meaningful response to, PLEASE DO SO. The thread is still "alive", and will be seen when new info gets added!

Finally, we've got an excellent moderator for this area in BLAKE. If you're having a problem with a particular post (or poster), he's a good guy to help. He's done an excellent job of letting the forum run itself, but he's not afraid to help out whenever needed. His vision for this forum, as well as the forum rules should help make this a fun, knowledgable, and useful place for all of us!!!

Once again, Welcome, we're glad you're here! The volume of posts may be smaller than some of the other forums we're all used to, but as rapdily as this place is growing, that's probably short-lived! If you have other "online Classic Mustang friends" whom you feel could be a productive part of this board, please invite them in!!!
Old 6/15/05, 06:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by GT350Clone@July 23, 2004, 11:25 AM
If you've ever spent much time on some of the other Mustang forums, I'm sure you'll recognize some of the names in the Classic Mustang Forum of TMS.
One of those other forums (wont name it here) is down right now. It had a serious crash earlier this year and lot all sorts of tech, turns out they hadn't done backups in over a quarter! I've been an IT worker for over 13 years, and running even a homebased website without backups is stupid, but doing so with a commercial site is simply unbeleivable.

We were all thinking they had seen the errors of their ways but as I said, they are down right now. Makes me wonder why I go there anymore. Must be becuase I don't trust this "Blake" guy!