1964-1970 Mustang Member Tech & Restoration Discussion

Project Knightmare starts!

Search this Thread

Old 7/25/06, 10:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank You ... I have more pics

http://members.***.net/dimitri7465/car/index.htm

my brother went out to the shop today and was able to catch the car finally on the lift and the motor is on its way in ... soon, every soon.

eeeeeeeeeee
Old 7/28/06, 09:53 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just found this topic, this is so f'ing cool. Really can't wait to see this done, good luck with her keep us posted!
Old 8/28/06, 10:15 AM
Bullitt Member

This is just an update ...

this project has been the most exciting and fustrating to every manage. I am excitied because the car has made real progress. I am fustrated because it is taking longer than I expected.

The Good - it is 95% done; i went on a slow test drive; sounds good, feels strong, electricals are good, brakes are good, the rims - tires - brakes are meaty.

The Bad - the throttle still sticks, speedometer is unsynchronized, the alignment is off, and the front end springs need to settle ( maybe cut them ).

The Ugly - it needs a wash.

I do have more pics and even a video to share but i am not ready to upload them yet.

The other good news is the shop is understanding of my situtation and its all about compromise ... I will not pick up the car until it is 100% finished and tested by them. They will road test the car up to freeway speeds and let me take it out a long test drive. It will not be ready for a dyno until the motor has 500 miles on it at least ( i might even wait until 1000 miles ) which in my case could be several months.
Dynos will run your engine hard and i want to make sure this new engine is broken in before i subject it to a dyno test.

I will post a message here when i have new pics posted.
Old 9/18/06, 10:07 PM
Bullitt Member

Talking

Hello all

My new job has been keeping me busy and away from my website. The car is 99.9% ready.

Here is an email from the manager at JBA...

I've got to tell you...your car is such a pleasure to drive. Plenty of power, it handles good, stops good...it just cruises down the highway. The clutch and trans work well and the gearing seems just right. At 80mph the engine is at 2,000 rpm...just cruising.
Naturally, it is an attention getter too. We conservatively took 1/2" out of the front suspension height. I've attached pictures so you can see the ride height....I took these pictures this morning. I think I'd let it go at this height for six months or so to be sure the suspension has settled. More can be taken out any time....but it's a lot harder to put it back in once we've cut it out. Let me know what you think. We've got about 100-miles on the car. I'm going to have the techs do the "500-mile" retorque and once-over. I think you should go ahead and schedule the pick up. You should definitely take it to the company car show!!!! That should be really fun. The first of many good times with your Mustang!

I am attaching one picture for now... I will have more later as soon as I get to it

http://www.evilution.com/knightmare/pictures/final.jpg

Old 9/18/06, 11:54 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
amazing car....
Old 9/19/06, 12:20 AM
I'm people, and I like.

Looking good!
Old 9/19/06, 02:29 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
beautiful!!!

i dont see the torqu thrusts with the flat center thing often, but im glad you have em. i absolutley love em!
Old 9/26/06, 01:04 AM
Bullitt Member

Thank you ... okay I have new pictures. Knightmare is back in the bay area for now; future9er24 you might see me on 101 or 280 sometime. I have a lot of driving to do to start breaking this engine in; its going to be a very careful diet of shifting in low rpms and lots of freeway crusing.
I can tell you this; the car feels strong ... I do not have new numbers or a dyno to present ( not time for a dyno yet ) ... but I cannot wait to see what this ride can do. There is so many new factors now it will require some study.

... anyway enough of that ...

All I have is top pictures; nothing underneath and a lot of work went on under the car.

http://www.evilution.com/knightmare/complete.html

There is the direct link with 5 more pictures. Sorry for the blur in one of them; my freaking over nikon would not let me take a unflashed photo so I had to set it into manual cam mode.

enjoy
Old 9/26/06, 08:08 AM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
where are you located?

and actually most of the week i am not on the freeways. barely have time for school and back lol. if you're ever around woodside or redwood city tho... i will be on you like gravy on taters
Old 9/26/06, 09:12 AM
Bullitt Member

San Jose, but I work all over the bay. If my work takes me on a short job like a meeting and the weather is right, I could drive the mustang. I did yank the AC out and being dressed for business, AC is my friend.
Old 9/26/06, 08:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Beautiful car, fantastic find, the 69 and 70's along with the 65 and 66 fastbacks happen to be my favorite first generation cars. Very nice color!
Old 11/20/06, 01:37 PM
Bullitt Member

so its been a while since i posted - i dont have any new pics at this time.

I went through a week of patch work -

- the 17"s i installed were rubbing on three of the four wheel wells
- i had a vaccum leak
- i almost lost an exhaust pipe

All were fixed by the nor cal mustang shop

now I have 450+ miles on it and it is a nice ride. I think I am going to hold off on the dyno until i have maybe 2000 miles on it - maybe more. I have not shifted over 4K yet but I have driven it "harder" and it is a street machine of power.

I held off a dodge charger ( new one, hemi ) in 4th gear at freeway speed ( never admit actual speed in writing :P ) with room to accerlate and surprised a few rice burners sooo its all good.

back to work...