Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Air leaking...

Search this Thread

Old 5/8/11, 11:00 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air leaking...

Hey folks!

So I bought 2011 Black Mustang GT Premium like two weeks ago. So as i was starting to drive my car (it makes noise after 40 mph) i would hear air leaking noise from my passenger side door. I took it back to the dealer and they said they have to order a part which took about 7 business days. I finally took it in last friday and they said they THINK the problem is somewhere else... So they had to order a part again.. and gave me a rental car for 4 days. (Kia Rio... are you freaken kidding me???? really?)

So my question is does any of you guys had a problem with wind noise or air leaking noise with your mustangs? Also any of you how the Lemon Law works in california? Also you think I should complain to the dealership about the car being new and all but have a problem? Do you think I should? I don't know... let me know your thoughts...

Don't get me wrong.. I love my mustang.. had 2001 and now 2011..

Thanks!
Old 5/8/11, 11:13 AM
Cobra Member

seen many complaints about different things with these cars but this is the first I've heard of this. It probably has something to do with the door and clearly your dealer is devoted to fixing it so I would just be patient and let it play out. Nothing to stress over yet
Old 5/8/11, 11:54 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Ethanjbeau
seen many complaints about different things with these cars but this is the first I've heard of this. It probably has something to do with the door and clearly your dealer is devoted to fixing it so I would just be patient and let it play out. Nothing to stress over yet
yea.. i guess.. i hope i get my car back... i can't drive in this Kia Rio...!!
Old 5/8/11, 12:45 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by jinseok82
yea.. i guess.. i hope i get my car back... i can't drive in this Kia Rio...!!
Why, of all the cars they probably have, did they give you a Kia Rio? Why not a focus or a fusion?
Old 5/8/11, 12:52 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Ethanjbeau
Why, of all the cars they probably have, did they give you a Kia Rio? Why not a focus or a fusion?
Well.. So i asked them if they have a loaner. My service manager said it would have to be approved by GM but only my salesman can request that. So I e-mailed my salesman and you know his reply was... "Uh.. I'll just let you drive my car...!" I was like.. really? I don't know but I'm not really impressed with Ford's service... I would think you pay for a car which is worth about 30K and you should get bit more service than that... I don't know but that's just me..

Oh and they called Enterprise Rental Car company and gave me a rental through them... SO KIA RIO..
Old 5/12/11, 05:47 PM
V6 Member

*UPDATE*

So it's been 7 days that my BRAND NEW 5.0s been at dealer...(bought it on 04/22/2011 and back at dealer on 05/06/2011) I just got off phone with service manager and she said they changed 3 parts so far but its still making the noise. They said their technician called FORD and was advised to replace the windshield and reseal it. So the service manager said they will have the windshield by tomorrow around 1 pm and fix it. Well, I hope they can fix it.. or give me a new car..? so the wait continues... (yes, i'm still driving Kia Rio)
Old 5/13/11, 07:37 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Hey folks!

So I bought 2011 Black Mustang GT Premium like two weeks ago. So as i was starting to drive my car (it makes noise after 40 mph) i would hear air leaking noise from my passenger side door. I took it back to the dealer and they said they have to order a part which took about 7 business days. I finally took it in last friday and they said they THINK the problem is somewhere else... So they had to order a part again.. and gave me a rental car for 4 days. (Kia Rio... are you freaken kidding me???? really?)

So my question is does any of you guys had a problem with wind noise or air leaking noise with your mustangs? Also any of you how the Lemon Law works in california? Also you think I should complain to the dealership about the car being new and all but have a problem? Do you think I should? I don't know... let me know your thoughts...

Don't get me wrong.. I love my mustang.. had 2001 and now 2011..

Thanks!
Hi jinseok82,

This is Deysha with Ford Customer Service. I would like to see how else I can help you. Could you please message me with your dealer, VIN, contact info, and mileage?

Deysha
Old 5/13/11, 06:19 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
Hi jinseok82,

This is Deysha with Ford Customer Service. I would like to see how else I can help you. Could you please message me with your dealer, VIN, contact info, and mileage?

Deysha
sent a message, did you get it?
Old 5/16/11, 09:08 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
sent a message, did you get it?
I sure did. I should get to it today.

Deysha
Old 5/17/11, 09:49 AM
V6 Member

here is the video i recorded with my iphone..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBC-bs6SlqU
Old 5/18/12, 11:22 PM

Similar issue with Driver side

I have a similar air leak sound coming from the front driver side. Mine rears its head at high speeds or when its windy out. I had my windshield replaced and the guy put a thick bead around that area. It didnt solve the issue and the replacement windshield was OEM. Must be coming from the door. Ford wants my car, but said they may not be able to reproduce because it happens at high speeds. I guess they are afraid to drive the car fast. On road trips it drives me nuts. I will need to bite the bullet and arrange for a rental car for a week while they "try" to find the issue. Mines a 2010 GT
Old 5/19/12, 06:43 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't have an issue with air leaking, just WATER. Serously. Any time I wash my car I get done and dry off the entire outside then go to open the doors to wipe off any water thats worked its way into the gaps. Every time I open either door a whole bunch of water comes running out from under the door sill.
Fortunatly its all one solid piece of painted metal under there so it shouldn't cause corrosion issues over time.

Anyone else have this happen?

I've only driven in the rain a couple of times and it's always dry when I open the door then.

I've even tried completely staying away from any gaps around the door when spraying with the hose and it still happens.
Old 5/29/12, 09:12 AM
GT Member

I have that wind noise on my passenger side door as well and it's very annoying at times. And as well when I wash my car water goes threw the sills of the door.