General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Pinion seal change now rear axel trouble

Search this Thread

Old 7/2/13, 07:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pinion seal change now rear axel trouble

I have a 2013 GT track pack, and i took in for an oil change. The mechanics told me i had a pinion seal leak. I took it into ford to get it changed and every since then I've been having trouble with the rear end. I have a lot of vibration over thirty MPH and once i get over sixty i have some terrible noise to go along with the vibration that get worse with more speed dose anyone what the cause of this may be?
Old 7/3/13, 06:46 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by JohnHarr326
I have a 2013 GT track pack, and i took in for an oil change. The mechanics told me i had a pinion seal leak. I took it into ford to get it changed and every since then I've been having trouble with the rear end. I have a lot of vibration over thirty MPH and once i get over sixty i have some terrible noise to go along with the vibration that get worse with more speed dose anyone what the cause of this may be?
Hello JohnHarr326,

Not sure if you saw my other post but, please make another appointment with them as soon as possible. Then PM me with your dealer, mileage, VIN, full name, and best daytime number so I can escalate this to the customer service manager for your area.

Deysha
Old 7/4/13, 05:51 AM
Gotta Have it Green Fanatic Official TMS Travel Guide

Received 954 Likes on 582 Posts
Nice to see this type of follow-up. Thank you! It gives the customer a bit of confidence in making a new car purchase.
This type problem should not exist in a new Mustang anymore. This is a 1970's type quality control issue. There are no excuses for something like this.
Old 7/4/13, 09:16 AM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by NC07GTCS
Nice to see this type of follow-up. Thank you! It gives the customer a bit of confidence in making a new car purchase.
This type problem should not exist in a new Mustang anymore. This is a 1970's type quality control issue. There are no excuses for something like this.
Sounds like it's the driveshaft to me.. rear ends generally don't cause a vibration. I'm thinking he somehow messed up installing the driveshaft