2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

COWL WATER LEAK

Search this Thread

Old 6/11/13, 12:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
COWL WATER LEAK

Just wanted to publicly thank the guys who posted possible causes and remedies for the dreaded Mustang Cowl Water Leak. I had a 67 F/B for several years and this problem gave me fits! I finally solved it, but it was a bear to fix. I finally got too old to keep up with it and sold it. ( BIG mistake, BTW)
Now I have a 2005 GT cpe., and I'll be damned if I didn't get
caught in a DELUGE here in Florida this morning, for the umpteenth time. I almost had a stroke when I saw water all over BOTH sides of the floorboards. I've had this beast for more than 1 1/2 years with NO water leak problems.
I checked in here and found a couple of remedies, hints and detailed fixes for this. I went out and located the drains and pulled them out. Both drains were packed with crap! I cleaned them and replaced them---problem solved!!!'
Thanks to you guys that took the time to share your fixes, it's appreciaited!
I just can't believe that Ford has had this problem with Mustangs since 1964 to today. What the hell is wrong with their designers and engineers? That's a disgrace!!! Doesn't say much for their interest in improving their products!
Old 6/11/13, 12:22 PM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jay67fast
Just wanted to publicly thank the guys who posted possible causes and remedies for the dreaded Mustang Cowl Water Leak. I had a 67 F/B for several years and this problem gave me fits! I finally solved it, but it was a bear to fix. I finally got too old to keep up with it and sold it. ( BIG mistake, BTW)
Now I have a 2005 GT cpe., and I'll be damned if I didn't get
caught in a DELUGE here in Florida this morning, for the umpteenth time. I almost had a stroke when I saw water all over BOTH sides of the floorboards. I've had this beast for more than 1 1/2 years with NO water leak problems.
I checked in here and found a couple of remedies, hints and detailed fixes for this. I went out and located the drains and pulled them out. Both drains were packed with crap! I cleaned them and replaced them---problem solved!!!'
Thanks to you guys that took the time to share your fixes, it's appreciaited!
I just can't believe that Ford has had this problem with Mustangs since 1964 to today. What the hell is wrong with their designers and engineers? That's a disgrace!!! Doesn't say much for their interest in improving their products!
All cars can have that issue... drains just clog..