Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

JDM TUNES

Search this Thread

Old 7/20/16, 08:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JDM TUNES

Hey everyone I'm new to the forum but I wanted to see if there was anyone else who had a bad experience with JDM Engineering. I had my 11 GT 5.0 tuned there. She has a 2.9 Whipple with Kooks long tubes and it has less power than the stock Whipple tune when I brought it there. The owners son got nasty when I asked if he could help a bit with the labor, saying we aren't a charity LOL. And on top of that they tell you what horsepower "They" are comfortable with even though there are plenty of the same vehicles with much more horses. I wound up with 576 rwhp and spent 1200 bucks. Even Whipple said the tune is giving much less than even a GEN 1 Coyote could safely produce
Old 7/20/16, 09:37 PM

That's JDM ENGINEERING IN FREEHOLD NJ
Old 7/21/16, 09:32 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 684 Likes on 347 Posts
Originally Posted by NickyD
Hey everyone I'm new to the forum but I wanted to see if there was anyone else who had a bad experience with JDM Engineering. I had my 11 GT 5.0 tuned there. She has a 2.9 Whipple with Kooks long tubes and it has less power than the stock Whipple tune when I brought it there. The owners son got nasty when I asked if he could help a bit with the labor, saying we aren't a charity LOL. And on top of that they tell you what horsepower "They" are comfortable with even though there are plenty of the same vehicles with much more horses. I wound up with 576 rwhp and spent 1200 bucks. Even Whipple said the tune is giving much less than even a GEN 1 Coyote could safely produce
I knew if I heard more details, the problem would be easy to find !!
Old 7/21/16, 09:45 AM

?????
Old 7/21/16, 09:46 AM

Any info I can give let me know
Old 7/21/16, 09:56 AM

I'm not saying anything but the exact truth. I wouldn't talk bad about a company but it was ridiculous. I've even spoken to other tuners who said the "Kid" gets nasty and thinks who he is. That's a quote from another tuner. And this is the first post about JDM so if "you've" seen others well maybe JDM has more of a crappy reputation then "you" think
Old 7/21/16, 10:14 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Seems we have a positive and negative thread regarding JDM just magically pop up!

Inserts Dr. Who music'
Old 7/21/16, 10:51 AM
THE RED FLASH ------Moderator

Received 1,965 Likes on 1,590 Posts
That would be Jim JR in which your referring to.. I've spoken to him quite a few times and he's always answered my questions in both a professional and courteous manner..
Old 7/22/16, 09:16 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
That would be Jim JR in which your referring to.. I've spoken to him quite a few times and he's always answered my questions in both a professional and courteous manner..
Exactly Rocky.

Here we go again with another bizaare thread to bad mouth a company and it looks like it's based on their cost, and based on their ability to provide SAFE tunes that aren't all about power. They understand that other tuners/companies WILL tune for more power. But as I stated before, it's not ALWAYS about who makes the most power. Safety and reliability are big on their list. And frankly, they're big on MY list and why I went with them.

On top of that, the bad mouthing of their company and specifically Jr. has to stop. I know Jr. and they have always been straight up with me, and always respectful - what they say and we agree upon is what gets executed.

If you didn't like your experience there, fine. Move on. Don't try to stir the pot up asking around if other people have had "bad" experiences there. A few of us on this forum have had nothing but GREAT experiences with Jr. and company. This thread and your posts are not value added.

I feel the need to respond to this (and your other) thread/posts because I truly am a very satisfied customer of JDM, and when you insult them and talk ill of them in a manner that could damage their reputation, I need to speak up. As an avid customer of theirs I feel obliged to defend them. Enough. Settle it with them if you have to. It's not necessary.

Last edited by FromZto5; 7/22/16 at 09:23 AM.
Old 7/22/16, 02:28 PM

I fully apologize to JDM and have spoken with them as well, I got way too caught up in what people have come at me with all about the numbers that they see on utube. I have spoken to Jim Sr and understand better the tuning and horsepower numbers
Old 7/22/16, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by FromZto5
Exactly Rocky.

Here we go again with another bizaare thread to bad mouth a company and it looks like it's based on their cost, and based on their ability to provide SAFE tunes that aren't all about power. They understand that other tuners/companies WILL tune for more power. But as I stated before, it's not ALWAYS about who makes the most power. Safety and reliability are big on their list. And frankly, they're big on MY list and why I went with them.

On top of that, the bad mouthing of their company and specifically Jr. has to stop. I know Jr. and they have always been straight up with me, and always respectful - what they say and we agree upon is what gets executed.

If you didn't like your experience there, fine. Move on. Don't try to stir the pot up asking around if other people have had "bad" experiences there. A few of us on this forum have had nothing but GREAT experiences with Jr. and company. This thread and your posts are not value added.

I feel the need to respond to this (and your other) thread/posts because I truly am a very satisfied customer of JDM, and when you insult them and talk ill of them in a manner that could damage their reputation, I need to speak up. As an avid customer of theirs I feel obliged to defend them. Enough. Settle it with them if you have to. It's not necessary.
I completely agree with you Burton.. The way I look at it is this, when getting any type of mail order tune regardless of whom the vendor is, you most definitely want a tune that's conservative, reliable and safe..

If power on the other hand is you main objective, then your best interest is to take your car to a custom dyno shop and have the car custom tuned on their dyno to insure the tune is both reliable and safe..

At any rate, I'd much rather trust my car with vendors such as JDM, Brenspeed, VMP and Lund who all have years of tuning experience under their belt that also have reputations for being straight forward and honest towards their customers rather than those who just claim they can tune your car for making the maximum amount of power and then 6 months later you wonder why your car is either running like crap or D.O.A..

When it comes down to those type of vendors who try to suck you in with their empty promises and marketing hype.. My advice, is don't just walk away, but run as far away as you possibly can lol.

With that being said, I'll be sticking with Brenspeed until I'm finally able to have my car custom tuned on the Dyno...

-Rocky

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 7/22/16 at 09:47 PM.
Old 7/23/16, 05:42 AM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by NickyD
I fully apologize to JDM and have spoken with them as well, I got way too caught up in what people have come at me with all about the numbers that they see on utube. I have spoken to Jim Sr and understand better the tuning and horsepower numbers
I applaud the OP for following through and publicly setting the record straight.
Old 7/23/16, 08:25 PM

Couldn't agree more Tom