Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

American Muscle Laguna Seca Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 3/27/15, 10:46 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
American Muscle Laguna Seca Wheels

I like the products that American Muscle has to offer. I do however have a wheel question. I just recently purchased the Laguna Seca wheels and bolted them up last night. I love the wheel but not in love with the center caps that read "American Muscle". I feel it's tacky. Actually I believe it to be in poor taste to feel I would want to advertise for AM for free. At any rate, will the factory running horse center caps fit these wheels? I don't want to purchase them if AM uses some kind of proprietary size wheel center.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-2013-2014-BOSS-302-MUSTANG-RUNNING-PONY-CENTER-CAPS-4-PIECE-SET-/361248983022?hash=item541c1e07ee&vxp=mtr
I would appreciate the feedback.
Old 3/27/15, 10:53 AM
Cobra Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Unfortunately I believe wheel manufacturers all have a slightly different center cap size.

I agree with you though, I am not a fan of the American Muscles center caps either.

Perhaps someone will be able to chime in with a way to make them work.
Old 3/27/15, 10:59 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
The 05-14 center caps don't fit, but I've heard that the 99-04 ones do. You can get tribar or SVT ones that will look nice on those wheels!
Old 3/27/15, 12:25 PM
Former Vendor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by 2014GHIGGT
I like the products that American Muscle has to offer. I do however have a wheel question. I just recently purchased the Laguna Seca wheels and bolted them up last night. I love the wheel but not in love with the center caps that read "American Muscle". I feel it's tacky. Actually I believe it to be in poor taste to feel I would want to advertise for AM for free. At any rate, will the factory running horse center caps fit these wheels? I don't want to purchase them if AM uses some kind of proprietary size wheel center.

2012 2013 2014 Boss 302 Mustang Running Pony Center Caps 4 Piece Set | eBay

I would appreciate the feedback.

Hey 2014GHIGGT - Sorry to hear that you're into the caps that came on the wheels but we do offer a variety of other Center Caps - If you're dead set on using the OEM Caps they're going to need to be modified and I've been hunting for a thread where another member was showing what he did to have them used and I don't think it would take too much time to get them on. You just need to be careful as if you're to take too much material off the OEM caps they're not going to seat correctly and you could potentially lose one. Tell you what - if you see a set of AM caps be it a blank one or anything that's not Ford Racing I'm happy to have them sent out to you free of charge. let me know how else I can help out here. The last thing I want on my conscious is you rolling around with a new set of wheels that you're not into!!!

Alex
Old 3/27/15, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus
Hey 2014GHIGGT - Sorry to hear that you're into the caps that came on the wheels but we do offer a variety of other Center Caps - If you're dead set on using the OEM Caps they're going to need to be modified and I've been hunting for a thread where another member was showing what he did to have them used and I don't think it would take too much time to get them on. You just need to be careful as if you're to take too much material off the OEM caps they're not going to seat correctly and you could potentially lose one. Tell you what - if you see a set of AM caps be it a blank one or anything that's not Ford Racing I'm happy to have them sent out to you free of charge. let me know how else I can help out here. The last thing I want on my conscious is you rolling around with a new set of wheels that you're not into!!!

Alex
To add to this, it looks like AM wheels use a 2.5" center cap. Doesn't seem to be a simple way to search their site for a replacement, but just search the center caps and double check the cap size. I believe the OEMs are 2.675"
Old 3/28/15, 09:42 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I modified some caps to fit the AMR wheels. Copied the link to that thread below. Hope it helps.

Shared post from 'The Mustang Source' by Plim from thread 'I finished my mods.... yeah right':

I changed my American Muscle center caps with

Shared via TMS Forum.

Sent from my iPad
Old 3/28/15, 09:46 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Plim
I modified some caps to fit the AMR wheels. Copied the link to that thread below. Hope it helps. Shared post from 'The Mustang Source' by Plim from thread 'I finished my mods.... yeah right': I changed my American Muscle center caps with Shared via TMS Forum. Sent from my iPad
Apparently it's not possible to copy links on iPad....
The thread is in the colors section. Deep Impact Blue.
Thread is called 'I finished my mods.... yeah right'
Look at page 2. I still have the caps, and if you're interested I can sell them.
Old 3/28/15, 09:57 AM
Mach 1 Member

Ian very interested in those center caps. Please send me a PM and let me know what you would like for them. Although after reading your post I am concerned about vibration now. LOL. I haven;t had my car on the highway since I had the tires mounted. I'm hoping the road force balance that my tire shop did when mounting my tires was on. The tires didn't take much weight.

At any rate I am interested. Please let me know.
Old 3/28/15, 10:17 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 2014GHIGGT
Ian very interested in those center caps. Please send me a PM and let me know what you would like for them. Although after reading your post I am concerned about vibration now. LOL. I haven;t had my car on the highway since I had the tires mounted. I'm hoping the road force balance that my tire shop did when mounting my tires was on. The tires didn't take much weight. At any rate I am interested. Please let me know.
PM sent
Old 3/28/15, 12:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

I just purchased my legunas yesterday
Old 3/28/15, 01:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

They look good on the car. Just hoping at speed they don'y shimmy. Won't know until I get a warmer day. Chomping at the bit for next week. Looks as if the temps are going to hit upper 50's and low 60's by Friday.

I will say the new wheel/tire combo took less weight than the factory wheels. I was shocked how much wheel weight Ford had on the optional 19" wheels with Pirelli's. There must be 8 ounces on the one wheel. Doesn't appear to be more than 2-3 on any of the new wheels. A lot of that is the tire too. Continental makes a much better tire than Pirelli IMO.