Go Back   The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums > Mustang by Model Year > 2010-2014 Mustang > '10-14 Special Editions and Aftermarket Mustangs > '10-14 Shelby Mustangs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to The Mustang Source!
Welcome to The Mustang Source,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 1/17/14, 4:48 AM   #1

Dino

F-150 Raptor
2013/2014 Ground Clearance

I've been looking around the web for discussions about ground clearance for the new Shelby and ground clearance in general, however, I'm not entirely satisfied with what I've found.

Did any of you have a particular problem with ground clearance when having the front splitter attached? Or did any of you care to check what kind of ramps are managable, etc?

Reason why I'm asking is: There is ramp to the parking garage where I work and at first glance I though it might be a bit steep for the Shelby. When I drove down with my F-150 I switched my monitor to display the %-by which the terrain falls and at the steepest point it says 8% and then levels out to 0%.
Today, a co-worker pointed out that there is a Lambo in the same garage but he didn't specify what kind of lambo so I went and had a look. True enough there is a Gallardo there which has a ground clearance of 5" according to the interwebbs. The Shelby on the other hand is said to have 5.7" - 4.65" I assume one is without the splitter and one is with.

Long story short; does any of you have some insight and experience on ground clearance? I want to avoid heading down the ramp and scraping my front splitter off - I do like the thing and I'd like to keep it where it is.

Thanks,
D
Old 1/17/14, 10:27 PM   #2
Bullitt Member

Gina

Garage
I avoid any type of grade if at all possible.

I have scraped the front splitter. Not fun. But on the bright side it was a good thing that it was not painted from factory! I will park blocks away from a business if they have a parking lot with a grade. I just avoid them all together.

I guess you could try going through the parking garage and come up to area and have your passenger "eyeball it" for you? Hopefully someone can chime in on this one.

-Got VIN!
-Born 04/04
-Delivered 4/18
-Pickup 5/17

"The Mistress"
Shelby Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1/18/14, 1:01 AM   #3
New Edge Sellout

Patrick

Mustang GT Premium
Send a message via AIM to laserred38
Gallardos and Murcirlagos have an optional front air suspension that allows the driver to raise the front end 3-4" for exactly this reason, so that Lamborghini most likely has that feature...
laserred38 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1/18/14, 1:01 AM