2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Sequential Turn Signals - Disabling them

Search this Thread

Old 7/16/10, 10:52 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If anything the sequential turns signals would catch people's eyes more than a dim tiny signal light. I feel safer with them as people seem to react alot more as soon as you signal.

I've also noticed peole let you in more now when you are trying to merge...maybe curiousity got the best of them and want to see more of it?
Old 7/16/10, 04:16 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by corvettedreamin
Nope.. the pink did it for me... turn in your man card.
at least seafoam is kinda manly since it's green. pink....yea, not so much. at least it's not muave or however it's spelled
Old 7/16/10, 06:55 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DontShoot
Says the guy that modified his car to HAVE sequential turn signals.
LOL...
Old 7/22/10, 06:07 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by DontShoot
Anyone know of a way to disable the sequential turn signal in the 2011? I've googled repeatedly, and all I come up with are articles on how to add them to Mustangs.
Since those are LEDs, they draw very little current. You can probably just jumper the #2 and #3 lamps to the #1 lamp. Then, then would come on at the same time as the #1 lamp.

-L
Old 1/7/17, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by RandyW
One man's cheesy is another man's cool. I love the sequential turn signals. When I see a 2010-11 Mustang ahead of me in traffic I try to get behind it in hopes of seeing them turn on. For the record, I also love MyColor, and a variety of cheeses.
I also get excited whenever I see a mustang and want them to turn it on. I like it so much I installed them on my 2003 v6. Its crazy, I feel better with them even tho I can't see them while driving. mine also does the brakes and hazard lights.

By the way, I was watching the documentary "a faster horse" a documentary about the making of the 2015 mustang and mustangs in general, and they had the lead project guy on a mustang podcast or something and the first thing that came up was the guy said glad to see they kept the sequentials. The project guy said it came of for discussion only because of cost, but they both seem to agree that is one feature they just can't get rid off.

Last edited by laingman; 1/7/17 at 03:47 PM.
Old 1/7/17, 06:48 PM
THE RED FLASH ------Moderator

Received 1,965 Likes on 1,590 Posts
Got my sequential harness from classic design concepts over 7 years ago.. The harness is completely plug "n" play and still going strong
Old 1/8/17, 10:33 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Find the guy who ADDED sequential lights and ask him for the leftover parts. Install.

You make this sound so hard.
Old 1/8/17, 10:34 AM

Luck had nothing to do with it.. I always do extensive research about the company I'm considering doing business with before forking over my hard earned money for my Mustang parts..

When it comes to American Muscle, I will only purchase brand name parts from manufacturers who have actual shipping and customer phone support centers based in North America, otherwise if the part I'm interested in is made either in friggin Taiwan or China ? I'll look elsewhere..

My sequential harness I purchased from Classic Design Concepts, is made here in the U.S and also backed by their full lifetime warranty !

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 1/8/17 at 11:45 AM.
Old 1/8/17, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Gravydog316
lucky. i got Raxiom ones from American Muscle, & i WAS going to get then exchanged, then the AM rep vanished, & AM won't even answer me back
When it comes to AM.. That doesn't come as any surprise whatsoever
Old 1/8/17, 11:30 AM

i heard nothing but good things...
the AM rep got a new job just when I needed him
Exactly ! Just when you needed him the most.. This is no excuse for them not answering back, as they have other customer service reps who also have your contact info.. Just another fine example of poor customer service as far as I'm concerned and I also wonder why the AM rep in question decided to move on with another company
Old 1/8/17, 12:25 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
When it comes to AM.. That doesn't come as any surprise whatsoever
Well, the person sending out email sales announcement is keeping busy, so there's that. Agree with putting nothing but name brand parts in the car. I'm really interested in that replacement center stack with the backup camera, nav, etc. But I've never heard of "Raxiom" and can't find out anything about them. Passed on it.
Old 1/8/17, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by junkman9096
Well, the person sending out email sales announcement is keeping busy, so there's that. Agree with putting nothing but name brand parts in the car. I'm really interested in that replacement center stack with the backup camera, nav, etc. But I've never heard of "Raxiom" and can't find out anything about them. Passed on it.
Exactly the same reason I passed on Raxiom.. As I will not do business with a manufacturer/vendor that doesn't provide a working customer support phone number and store front location based in North America.. It's no wonder as to why you're unable to find out anything about them lol..

As for the person from AM sending sales announcements via e-mail ? It's also referred to as marketing.. So yes, there's that..

And just to set the record straight, I don't have an issue in doing business with American Muscle when it comes to purchasing name brand parts from manufacturers who have actual store fronts based in North America and also provide working phone support numbers for their customers..
Old 1/8/17, 04:45 PM

Well, it seems Raxiom is owner by AM (or, they are related in some way)
What I do know about Raxiom is this.. Their products aren't manufactured anywhere in North America.. That's reason enough for me !
Old 1/8/17, 08:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
...they should ALWAYS be & continue to be on the Stang.
Stupid that they removed them before!!
Mustangs never had sequential signals from the factory... the first generation Shelby was the only Mustang to ever have them before 2010. They were taken from the mid-60s Thunderbird and Cougar and were mechanically controlled by a motorized rotating switch.
Old 1/8/17, 08:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

What I do know about Raxiom is this.. Their products aren't manufactured anywhere in North America.. That's reason enough for me !
That's an odd statement considering that a significant portion (~15%) of your Mustang wasn't manufactured in North America. The percentage of domestic content is even lower for 10-14 models... only about 65%.

Then there's your phone, television, computer, household appliances, etc. A global market is just part of the reality of business these days.
Old 1/8/17, 09:00 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
That's an odd statement considering that a significant portion (~15%) of your Mustang wasn't manufactured in North America. The percentage of domestic content is even lower for 10-14 models... only about 65%.

Then there's your phone, television, computer, household appliances, etc. A global market is just part of the reality of business these days.
But if your foreign sourced but Ford installed part fails, you still have Ford to lean on. If you go aftermarket for a foreign sourced part when that source doesn't have a North American presence....well, you're working without a net. And if Raxiom is NOT owned by AM (who knows?) you are just S.O.L. Not prepared to take that chance.
Old 1/8/17, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00

I was actually going to reply to your post, however Junkman9096 already beat me to it lol. Anyhow I pretty much agree with everything he mentioned in his post and honestly don't know what more I can say to add to it..

I will however add by saying that my Mustang GT is a 2006 model in which most of it's parts were still manufactured in the U.S with the exception of the Tremec TR-3650 manual tranny that was manufactured in Mexico..

But if your foreign sourced but Ford installed part fails, you still have Ford to lean on. If you go aftermarket for a foreign sourced part when that source doesn't have a North American presence....well, you're working without a net. And if Raxiom is NOT owned by AM (who knows?) you are just S.O.L. Not prepared to take that chance.
Old 1/8/17, 09:42 PM

Ok, but they SHOULD of always had/have them.
like my 2006....
why wouldn't they have them???
I really hate to say this, but none of the Mustangs prior to 2010 ever came factory equipped with sequential tailights, not even on fully optioned premium models.. As I mentioned in a previous post, my first S197 Mustang was a factory ordered 2005 GT premium in which I had to add an aftermarket sequential kit from Classic Design Concepts..

So whoever was the previous owner of your 2006 Mustang added an aftermarket sequential kit similar to what I have.. Therefore what WhiteBird00 posted is actually spot on accurate..

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 1/8/17 at 09:51 PM.
Old 1/9/17, 12:17 AM

No, no...
I added sequential lights myself last year... (but they are Raxiom junk, & don't work...)

What I'm saying is, that the Mustangs should have had factory sequential lights every year since 1964.

it was stupid that the 2005+ didn't have them.
I'm wondering why Ford removed them at all???
I totally misunderstood and forgot you added those sequentials.. Don't know how I could've forgotten that, as we've been chatting on this thread about those Raxiom's and their poor quality since yesterday afternoon.. Guess I must be getting tired lol.

I also totally agree with you that Mustangs should've been available with factory sequential tails every year since 64.. But also remember that Ford didn't offer them as a factory option until 2010.. Just as WhiteBird00 posted, it was only the 1st generation Shelby GT350/GT500 models that had them prior to 2010..

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 1/9/17 at 12:27 AM.
Old 1/9/17, 06:14 AM
Mach 1 Member

I was actually going to reply to your post, however Junkman9096 already beat me to it lol. Anyhow I pretty much agree with everything he mentioned in his post and honestly don't know what more I can say to add to it..
That's what I was saying... it's not where the product is manufactured as much as it is the availability of warranty and support. In this case, Raxiom is well supported by American Muscle so its origin is really unimportant. I have both Raxiom headlights and taillights that I bought from AM. I've had them for about five years and the only problem I've had was one of the headlight housings was getting a lot of internal condensation within the 2-year warranty (that warranty is quite unusual for aftermarket parts). AM replaced them with a new set at no charge and I haven't had a problem since.

Quick Reply: Sequential Turn Signals - Disabling them