Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Anyone get the 2014 GT Track Key yet?

Search this Thread

Old 5/26/14, 12:25 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
Originally Posted by dmhines
I'm guessing the 2015 GT will basically have the BOSS engine ...

And all the Track Key Functions will be part of the GT package.
Go ahead Dan keep talking, and your going to cost me mega bucks buying a '15.
Old 5/26/14, 06:38 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by todcp
Congrats.....It seems you have one of the only track keys in private hands in the country. A few must have been shipped then they stopped. Earlier this week FRRP nor my vendor could not give me a date for general release. My patience is about over.
I'll be back in town on Wednesday so I'll deal with the pain to drive down to have the TrackKey installed.
Old 5/28/14, 05:34 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

So I took the car in yesterday afternoon(got back in town early) to have the Track Key done and hit a snag. When the tech went to download the software it came back with an error message. When they called they were told the software is not available for download due to some changes being made..... In the Box was a key, filter, a sticker that goes under the hood for emissions type info and a code for downloading the software.

When I inquired about when the software would be released the tech said he was told n ETA of TBA...which to me = WTF

Last edited by MyStang2010GB; 6/2/14 at 04:43 AM.
Old 5/28/14, 05:50 AM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
That really sucks. Unless there's something worthwhile being done to the software...
Old 6/2/14, 04:44 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

New ETA for the software was 5/30. I'll be headed back down to the dealer this morning.
Old 6/2/14, 09:10 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by MyStang2010GB
New ETA for the software was 5/30. I'll be headed back down to the dealer this morning.
In case you haven't seen the thread, they've added the ProCal tune to the TracKey.

https://themustangsource.com/f800/tr...4/#post6809500
Old 6/2/14, 01:04 PM
Cobra Member

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
So this may have been said already but I called FRPP and got clarification of my own.

If you have a 7/1/13 build date or newer you can buy the track key, which will be a separate physical key that will load BOTH the procal improvements AND the track key improvements. You can switch back and forth at will choosing to use or not use the tune.

Prior builds can buy the procal tool which comes preloaded with the procal improvements AND track key improvements. These load together. Therefore if you want the power add you also have to live with the track stuff.

UNLESS you buy both the old procal tune and the new procal/track let tune.

I asked about not needing two tuner tools thinking like a COBB tuner, you can add multiple tunes to the tool and just switch between them. You apparently can not.

One tool would allow you to add the procal by itself and then return to stock at will (not as easy as a key change but still can go back and forth). The second tool would allow for the procal/track key tune and then also allow to return to stock.

So it's kind of obnoxious that you can't use one tool. But also convenient that they are separate. I can picture putting label maker labels on them lol.

That being said, for post 7/1/13 builds to get the same options. They would still have to buy the older procal tune and tool. And then the track key which would include the procal as well.

The only real bonus for this delay is that newer gt's can run the track features and still utilize the extra power. But both items would still be needed to separate the tunes for DD.

I also asked about the pinging that some people get some people don't bc I've never read about a definitive answer about it. He said that oil vapor getting back into the intake lowers the octane therefore causing detonation. This makes perfect sense to me but it never occurred. With the aggressive timing of the tune, the slightest drop in octane could easily cause pings. He said that 99% of the time, an oil separator like Bob's or Moroso fix the issue.
Old 6/2/14, 01:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by typesredline
That being said, for post 7/1/13 builds to get the same options. They would still have to buy the older procal tune and tool. And then the track key which would include the procal as well.
Do I have this right?

A 2014.5 build having only purchased TracKey has these options:

1. Stock tune using the street key
2. TracKey tune including ProCal tune using the TracKey.
3. TracKey tune without ProCal tune using the TracKey and somehow deselecting the ProCal tune.

Do you need the old ProCal to get one or more of the above?

If not, what additional option is added by obtaining the old ProCal tune separately?
Old 6/2/14, 02:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by berzerk_1980
Do I have this right?

3. TracKey tune without ProCal tune using the TracKey and somehow deselecting the ProCal tune.

If not, what additional option is added by obtaining the old ProCal tune separately?
This is starting to turn into a comedy. Whos on first?
Old 6/2/14, 02:36 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Do I have this right?

Negative ghostrider...hopefully this will clear it up:

ORIGINAL PROCAL:
-Extra HP/Torque

2013 TRACK CAL:
-Extra HP/Torque (from original ProCal)
-Track Key features

2014.5 TRACK KEY:
-Extra HP/Torque (from original ProCal)
-Track Key features
-Ability to switch between TK and stock tune by using different keys

With a 2014.5 you get the best of everything. The GT Track Key has rendered the old ProCal obselete.
Old 6/2/14, 02:46 PM
Cobra Member

Do I have this right? A 2014.5 build having only purchased TracKey has these options: 1. Stock tune using the street key 2. TracKey tune including ProCal tune using the TracKey. 3. TracKey tune without ProCal tune using the TracKey and somehow deselecting the ProCal tune. Do you need the old ProCal to get one or more of the above? If not, what additional option is added by obtaining the old ProCal tune separately?
Not entirely. Your 1 and 2 are correct. Number 3 is not. Can't get the track key tune without procal tune. The physical key comes with both tunes only together as a pair.

Originally Posted by mfc133
Negative ghostrider...hopefully this will clear it up: ORIGINAL PROCAL: -Extra HP/Torque 2013 TRACK CAL: -Extra HP/Torque (from original ProCal) -Track Key features 2014.5 TRACK KEY: -Extra HP/Torque (from original ProCal) -Track Key features -Ability to switch between TK and stock tune by using different keys With a 2014.5 you get the best of everything. The GT Track Key has rendered the old ProCal obselete.
Not completely true. If you are able to use the 2014.5 track key which includes the procal tune, the old procal is not obsolete bc some may want to only run the procal tune. Myself for example want the track features for autoX and welcome the added power along with it now. However. I don't want to DD with the track features active. But I don't want to lose the power. This is why you still may need both.

Look at it this way. Both old and new gt's just need one device now IF you are ok with having both tunes at the same time. Old uses tuner tool, new uses key.

If you want to have the option to run them separately whether it's a pre or post 7/1/13 gt, you will need both; two tools or one tool and one track key.

Either tool or key give you the option to switch back and forth, tune vs stock. The key is a bit easier to switch obviously than hooking up the tool and loading the stock tune back up. However some May like the option to carry the tool in the glove box and not worry about having an extra key on the chain.

Last edited by typesredline; 6/2/14 at 02:51 PM.
Old 6/2/14, 03:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by typesredline
If you want to have the option to run them separately whether it's a pre or post 7/1/13 gt, you will need both; two tools or one tool and one track key.

Either tool or key give you the option to switch back and forth, tune vs stock. The key is a bit easier to switch obviously than hooking up the tool and loading the stock tune back up. However some May like the option to carry the tool in the glove box and not worry about having an extra key on the chain.
Okay, I think I get it. By option group:

1. Stock: Don't buy anything.
2. Stock or TracKey with ProCal: Buy the TracKey/TracKey tool (depending on build date).
3. Stock or ProCal: Buy the ProCal tool.
4. Stock, TracKey with ProCal, or ProCal only: Buy the TracKey/TracKey tool (depending on build date) AND the ProCal tool.
5. TracKey without ProCal: Not available.

Yes?
Old 6/2/14, 04:43 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Okay, I think I get it. By option group:

1. Stock: Don't buy anything.
2. Stock or TracKey with ProCal: Buy the TracKey/TracKey tool (depending on build date).
3. Stock or ProCal: Buy the ProCal tool.
4. Stock, TracKey with ProCal, or ProCal only: Buy the TracKey/TracKey tool (depending on build date) AND the ProCal tool.
5. TracKey without ProCal: Not available.

Yes?

Whats on second
Old 6/2/14, 07:16 PM
Cobra Member

Okay, I think I get it. By option group: 1. Stock: Don't buy anything. 2. Stock or TracKey with ProCal: Buy the TracKey/TracKey tool (depending on build date). 3. Stock or ProCal: Buy the ProCal tool. 4. Stock, TracKey with ProCal, or ProCal only: Buy the TracKey/TracKey tool (depending on build date) AND the ProCal tool. 5. TracKey without ProCal: Not available. Yes?
I think you got it
Old 6/2/14, 07:30 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I was told the software IDS for the TrackKey I ALREADY PAID FOR won't be released till Friday. WTF??
Old 6/2/14, 08:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
****. Looks like I'm going to have to get the TrackCal after I get wheels and tires.
Old 6/2/14, 08:47 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 6/3/14, 06:26 AM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Who has the best price on the Track Cal? My dealer wants $399.
Old 6/3/14, 06:33 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by califsp
Who has the best price on the Track Cal? My dealer wants $399.
Where are you located? I'm getting mine at the price I mentioned because I buy a lot of cars from them. Plus when I bought my Boss302 from them it was $302 and they felt funny charging me more for the same basic product. Does that give you an indication on the mark-up?? Only difference I see in the kit is the addition of the hi-flow air filter that wasn't used on the Boss302 (unless it already came with it from the factory).

Last edited by MyStang2010GB; 6/3/14 at 06:35 AM.
Old 6/3/14, 09:20 AM
Cobra Member

Is personally recommend that anyone buying this kit trash the filter. K&n filters are heavy in oil which WILL over time destroy the MAF sensor. Even though k&n says it won't. Most people claim the filter does nothing anyway. I bought the aem (same company) dry flow.

Quick Reply: Anyone get the 2014 GT Track Key yet?