Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

American muscle

Search this Thread

Old 4/14/15, 01:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
American muscle

Just came back from their malvern location. I was very dissapointed, to say the least. I went there to purchase an item and not have to wait to ship. I also brought along an item I bought from their eBay sales known as turn 5 sales. There is an issue with the item I purchased and I was hoping I could pick up my new parts plus get a replacement for this item while I was there.

The item is an SR caster camber kit for 87-93 mustangs. As any of you know (or don't) when you have project cars you buy parts and they can sit around for months before you actually get around to installing them. Physically the parts looked fine, but there was a welded in bolt that is not straight and causes the bracket to not work, slide freely as it should.

The person I dealt with (Brick) explained he could not do anything for me because it was an eBay purchase. He told me to email them through eBay. I found this frustrating as I was right there in person! What easier way to resolve/fix the issue than in person? I have the original box with the shipping labels shipped from turn 5 Malvern, PA. I thought it would be pretty easy to just swap out one brscket while I was there.

I explained it was an SR brand which is their house brand and that Ive purchased several thousand dollars worth of parts from both their American muscle and eBay/turn 5 entities for both my 87 vert and my 11 gt. I am not a scammer trying to pull a scam on them for a $150.00 part.

Those words fell on deaf ears! I was at least hoping to get some kind of resolve from this. No wasn't looking for all new parts but perhaps just the one bracket replaced with a good one.

Rant over. Any of you who know me know this is not my style! I was just very dissapointed with the service.

Last edited by alcarames; 4/14/15 at 06:27 PM.
Old 4/15/15, 06:52 AM
Former Vendor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by alcarames
Just came back from their malvern location. I was very dissapointed, to say the least. I went there to purchase an item and not have to wait to ship. I also brought along an item I bought from their eBay sales known as turn 5 sales. There is an issue with the item I purchased and I was hoping I could pick up my new parts plus get a replacement for this item while I was there.

The item is an SR caster camber kit for 87-93 mustangs. As any of you know (or don't) when you have project cars you buy parts and they can sit around for months before you actually get around to installing them. Physically the parts looked fine, but there was a welded in bolt that is not straight and causes the bracket to not work, slide freely as it should.

The person I dealt with (Brick) explained he could not do anything for me because it was an eBay purchase. He told me to email them through eBay. I found this frustrating as I was right there in person! What easier way to resolve/fix the issue than in person? I have the original box with the shipping labels shipped from turn 5 Malvern, PA. I thought it would be pretty easy to just swap out one brscket while I was there.

I explained it was an SR brand which is their house brand and that Ive purchased several thousand dollars worth of parts from both their American muscle and eBay/turn 5 entities for both my 87 vert and my 11 gt. I am not a scammer trying to pull a scam on them for a $150.00 part.

Those words fell on deaf ears! I was at least hoping to get some kind of resolve from this. No wasn't looking for all new parts but perhaps just the one bracket replaced with a good one.

Rant over. Any of you who know me know this is not my style! I was just very dissapointed with the service.

Hey alcarames,

Sorry that you feel like you had a bad experience with someone here at AM. We definitely take care of our customers and I never want anyone that purchases from us to be anything but happy with their order. The product you purchased off of eBay is actually handled through a third party but ships from our warehouse. They're not new/resellable items, but regardless I don't want to leave you hanging as a customer of ours in the past - even if this wasn't a direct purchase through us. Either way, I want to go ahead and get you taken care of and make an exception - not because you came here to vent online, but because that's the way I do things. Hit me up directly and I'll have this taken care of for you today!

Alex

Last edited by AMAlexLazarus; 4/15/15 at 08:34 AM.
Old 4/16/15, 06:03 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know a lot of people don't like AM for some reason. I myself have had some fitment issues with one or two items. But they took back an item I had ordered two months prior (I hadn't had time to install it because of the weather and other things). Without question.

Most places have a very short return policy. I used to be a newegg customer. For almost a decade I shopped at newegg until they screwed me over for a lousy $50.00 after spending thousands with them and referring customers to them back when I ran my own IT consulting firm. I haven't shopped there in over a year now and won't, ever again. Customer Service matters as much to me as the products a company offers (I also notified many of my old clients of the drop in customer service when dealing with newegg as well)

I have also been an Amazon customer for a decade. I shopped with them when all they offered were books and were just a small online only retailer, and have always had excellent customer service.

While i REALLY wanted those CF steering wheel inserts to fit, they left a huge gap on the back-side of the steering wheel unfortunately. The CF hood vents on the other hand fit like a glove, look great, and are a true bolt-on part.

In any case. I will shop with AM again. I'll just pay closer attention to reviews and fitment issues that people encounter.

I didn't even have to run to the forum and post about it. all I had to do was email them and explain the situation and it was a done deal, no hassle, and I hate returning items. So something really has to be off for me to return something.

Last edited by CriticalmassGT; 4/16/15 at 06:20 AM.
Old 4/16/15, 07:26 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus
Hey alcarames, Sorry that you feel like you had a bad experience with someone here at AM. We definitely take care of our customers and I never want anyone that purchases from us to be anything but happy with their order. The product you purchased off of eBay is actually handled through a third party but ships from our warehouse. They're not new/resellable items, but regardless I don't want to leave you hanging as a customer of ours in the past - even if this wasn't a direct purchase through us. Either way, I want to go ahead and get you taken care of and make an exception - not because you came here to vent online, but because that's the way I do things. Hit me up directly and I'll have this taken care of for you today! Alex
hey Alex, when you get a chance, please respond to my pm. Thx
Old 4/16/15, 11:26 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I've also shopped from and ordered parts from AM. Cool that Alex is taking care of you!
I've received worse customer service from other vendors on this site (no need to go in any details, its not the point) and I'll continue to buy from AM until I feel like I've been short changed. that applies to anywhere really.
Old 4/16/15, 01:17 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I agree with the above. I've always had great customer service with AM. I get almost all of my mods from them.
Old 4/16/15, 01:45 PM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 124 Likes on 100 Posts
I've always had good luck with Steeda and American Muscle. Get what i ordered in a couple days. Couldn't ask for more
Old 4/16/15, 07:41 PM
Bullitt Member

I got almost all my mods so far, and plan on spending more money including an power adder. They have took care of me, I had some issues with couple parts and orders - but nothing but the best service so far!
Old 4/16/15, 09:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I purchase pretty much everything for my '14 and '03 through AM, and have always been very pleased with their service.

Just yesterday I ordered a Steeda CAI/Bama tune package from them and am very impressed with how well they partner with their vendor (Bama). Today I received two separate emails with tracking numbers for both the CAI and the tuner (both arrive Tuesday... the countdown begins ). Its nice that they handle the notifications for ALL of the components- even the ones that they aren't shipping themselves.

I've only ever had one issue with a part ordered from AM (a headlight for the '03), and they handled everything perfectly.

Basically, until/if they ever screw up I am pretty set on ordering though them (I waited over a month for the CAI/tune package to come into stock simply because I like the service through AM).

Likewise, for my '65 I always try to go through CJ Pony Parts (if you find a vendor that treats you right, stick with them is my motto).
Old 4/16/15, 09:48 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
I have had only good experiences with American Muscle over the past 2 years.
Old 4/16/15, 09:53 PM
Cobra Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by DarrenGT
I have had only good experiences with American Muscle over the past 2 years.
Same here, I've never had a problem from AM or from cjponyparts.
Old 4/16/15, 10:45 PM
V6 Member

Just ordered a ton of parts from them. No issues here, items got here in two days which was really nice for free shipping.
Old 4/16/15, 10:46 PM
GT Member

I've had issues with AM before. Ordered from them once, and because I used a discount code, I got treated like I was trying to scam them. Guy essentially threatened to cancel my order on the phone. Wasn't a pleasant experience.

The fact that Alex has to write that he isn't making things right because you're venting here sounds really defensive, and doesn't give me more trust in them.

Needless to say I won't be ordering from them again.
Old 4/17/15, 04:37 AM
GT Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by msqr
I've had issues with AM before. Ordered from them once, and because I used a discount code, I got treated like I was trying to scam them. Guy essentially threatened to cancel my order on the phone. Wasn't a pleasant experience.

The fact that Alex has to write that he isn't making things right because you're venting here sounds really defensive, and doesn't give me more trust in them.

Needless to say I won't be ordering from them again.
You should go back and re-read the post, that is not what Alex said. He said he wants to make it right.
"I want to go ahead and get you taken care of and make an exception - not because you came here to vent online, but because that's the way I do things"
Never had a issue with AM, always got my parts.
Old 4/17/15, 05:27 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by tbone004
You should go back and re-read the post, that is not what Alex said. He said he wants to make it right.
"I want to go ahead and get you taken care of and make an exception - not because you came here to vent online, but because that's the way I do things"
Never had a issue with AM, always got my parts.
You should re-read what I wrote. I was commenting about how he felt the need to justify why he's taking care of the OP, so essentially, my gripe is with every word after the hyphen.
Old 4/17/15, 05:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
You bought an item on Ebay, with either limited or no return policy on it.
You waited months before you figured out you now have a bad part, and return policy way past its time by now,from my guess.
Ebay does not equal AM, even tho it might be same people selling stuff, different rules apply.
You are now entering the "manufacturers defect warranty" , if the product sold has a specific manufacturer warranty for defects, see if you apply within that time period.
If yes- get a hold of the company, and they should replace or send you replacement parts.
If the part has no "manufacturers defect warranty" or your past it-your screwed.
If Company requires a proof of purchase "invoice" with purchase date, you might be either screwed or not, some companies dont accept ebay sold items or sellers as "officially authorized", and think the part was sold "as-is" or "second hand item" and they wont cover it.
Old 4/17/15, 07:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

American Muscle hooks me up every time. I buy everything from them. When I purchased my Roush TVS supercharger kits from them it arrived quickly. Of course it was drop shipped directly from Roush. When it arrived I began assembly about a week later. When the installation was almost complete I realized the bracket that the heat exchanger pump mounts was missing. I called Roush first and they kind of jerked me around and said they would get back to me. I called American Muscle to see if they could put some heat on Roush to get me the missing bracket. I had the bracket the next day. Thus far I have been very impressed with their customer service.

As for their product quality, I have also been very satisfied with that too. I purchased 4 Laguna Seca wheels from them and the wheels are perfect and balanced up perfectly with minimal wheel weight. I didn't like the center caps they came with and they immediately offered to send new center caps.

At any rate, everything has been spot on. Issues will happen. It doesn't matter who/where you purchase from, it's how the company handles resolution is what counts. As far as I am concerned American Muscle gets an A+.
Old 4/18/15, 11:11 AM
GT Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
No reason to be mad at AM if the purchase was through a 3rd party on eBay.
AM has always treated me right with awesome customer service.
Old 4/18/15, 01:50 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
I cringe everyone an AM thread comes up. Not because I've had bad experiences. It's quite the opposite. Guess I just sick of reading about why AM can't not walk on water or part the Red Sea.
Old 4/18/15, 09:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They have been great to me. In my opinion, they go out of the way to help and make things right.

There are people in life that nothing is good enough for them, Never is, Never will be.

Quick Reply: American muscle