Go Back   The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums > Mustang by Model Year > 2010-2014 Mustang
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

2010-2014 Mustang News of the Current Generation Mustang
Sponsored By: CARiD

Welcome to The Mustang Source!
Welcome to The Mustang Source,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 2/21/12, 10:19 PM   #1

2012 GT Premium w/ 4.2" Screen?

I've seen some references around the forums to a 4.2" screen in between the speedo and tach with track apps, etc. I could have sworn this was an option starting with the 2012's. I have a 2011 5.0 GT Premium with a mere 1500 miles (I work from home and don't drive too much) and got a letter in the mail from Ford Credit today with a lower finance rate. I'll get an awesome trade-in amount since I have 1 minor scratch (Thanks Daughter!) and only 1500 miles.

I'm thinking about upgrading slightly to a 2012 or even waiting for a 2013, but I want this option without question. Can someone tell me if this is available on the 2012's and what accessory package it is in or what the option is called?

Does it require the full navigation system to get it? I couldn't care less about having a navigation system, although a backup camera and switching to an auto would be good for the wife .

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
JoeDogInKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2/21/12, 10:32 PM   #2
Shelby GT350 Member

John

2011 Roush Sport
Garage
Welcome to TMS. The track apps are new for the 13. I believe there's a thread around here somewhere with all the details.
Hytek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2/21/12, 10:33 PM   #3
V6 Member

Jake

2011 Ecoboost F150
The 4.2" screen is only available on the '13s (premium array), and does not require navigation. It is not an "option", but it only comes on the premium v6 or GT premium.
Jryan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2/21/12, 11:38 PM   #4

Thanks for the help guys. I thought I read somewhere that it was available on the 2012's too. Any idea when the 2013's will start hitting dealer lots? I've never ordered before, but that may be an option as well. Since I've never ordered one before, what's the process there? Does the dealership give you an estimated trade-in value so you have an idea of cost while you wait?
JoeDogInKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2/22/12, 12:10 AM   #5
Bullitt Member

2007 Eclipse GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDogInKC View Post
Thanks for the help guys. I thought I read somewhere that it was available on the 2012's too. Any idea when the 2013's will start hitting dealer lots? I've never ordered before, but that may be an option as well. Since I've never ordered one before, what's the process there? Does the dealership give you an estimated trade-in value so you have an idea of cost while you wait?
Will be hitting dealers I think late March. To get exactly what you want you're going to probably have to order it. A lot of dealers go with "popular" options and leave others off.

To order, you just go to this link, check out the price guide and order guide, figure out what you want and get a ball park estimate of what it will cost you. If you have xplan you can save even more, and don't have to go through the headaches of negotiating the car price.

As for trade in on your current car, when you order a dealer will generally give you a value they think the car will be worth when you new one will be delivered. This is the part you have to be careful about when using the xplan, as it is the only thing differentiating dealers. If one tries to screw you too bad on the trade in, you can simply take your business somewhere else.

Look around on the forums here, plenty of topics (especially in the 2010-2014 section) about the ordering process.
dogiebitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2/22/12, 12:10 AM