Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

Hey from Alligator Land

Search this Thread

Old 4/29/24, 02:29 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Hey from Alligator Land

Have loved the Mustang for as long as I can remember.
Often copied never duplicated.

Like Yankee pinstripes, recognized around the world.

There might be faster and more powerful, but none more loved.
The following users liked this post:
NC14GT (4/30/24)
Old 4/29/24, 05:46 PM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,005 Likes on 1,623 Posts
Thank you for being a life-long Mustang enthusiast and for the very kind words... Welcome aboard.
Old 4/30/24, 06:22 AM
Gotta Have it Green Fanatic Official TMS Travel Guide

Received 959 Likes on 586 Posts
You have a photo of your ride? Welcome....
Where from in FL?? I lived and worked most of my life in FL. Retired to NC to escape the traffic and never ending hurricane hysteria every season on the news. Increasing costs didn't help either. I do miss the OLD Florida in the 70's.
Old 4/30/24, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by NC14GT
You have a photo of your ride? Welcome....
Where from in FL?? I lived and worked most of my life in FL. Retired to NC to escape the traffic and never ending hurricane hysteria every season on the news. Increasing costs didn't help either. I do miss the OLD Florida in the 70's.

I'm currently in Port St Lucie, originally from NY. Been here about 20 yrs but following in your footsteps looking to become a halfback and move to NE Tenn.

The taxes and cost of home insurance have gotten completely out of control. Every year we get a quote that goes up $1200. The money looks much better in my pocket than theirs.

NC14GT (5/1/24)
Old 4/30/24, 10:53 AM

Thanks for posting a pic of your 2020 EcoBoost convertible, she's a real beauty.
The following 2 users liked this post by m05fastbackGT:
Mike8307 (4/30/24), NC14GT (5/1/24)
Old 4/30/24, 09:47 PM

Thanks. It turns heads.
My wife's friend said, 'yeah, that's the car you get when you want to meet every cop in town.'
LOL

It's a daily driver but I work from home so on the weekends I look for any reason to take it out and put the top down.
The following 2 users liked this post by Mike8307:
m05fastbackGT (5/1/24), NC14GT (5/1/24)
Old 5/1/24, 04:28 AM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,192 Likes on 1,634 Posts
Welcome and nice pony!
NC14GT (5/1/24)
Old 5/1/24, 08:18 AM

Sweet ride!!! Thanks and good luck with your move some day. Many Floridians have moved to the TN/NC mountains. TN is even better with no income tax but the sales tax is brutal. I'm not surprised to hear about those rates you mentioned.
Old 5/1/24, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Mike8307
Thanks. It turns heads.
My wife's friend said, 'yeah, that's the car you get when you want to meet every cop in town.'
LOL

It's a daily driver but I work from home so on the weekends I look for any reason to take it out and put the top down.
I have no doubt whatsoever about the car attracting attention by law enforcement when it comes to meeting them... LOL!
Old 5/1/24, 02:50 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 622 Likes on 447 Posts
Welcome, glad you found the site. Nice looking vert.

Sweet ride!!! Thanks and good luck with your move some day. Many Floridians have moved to the TN/NC mountains. TN is even better with no income tax but the sales tax is brutal. I'm not surprised to hear about those rates you mentioned.
Yeah, I have to cross into TN for certain stores and shops and that 9 and a quarter sales tax is always a bit of a shocker.
NC14GT (5/3/24)
Old 5/3/24, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Welcome, glad you found the site. Nice looking vert.

Yeah, I have to cross into TN for certain stores and shops and that 9 and a quarter sales tax is always a bit of a shocker.
In my county here in FL the sales tax clocks in at 7% plus near the top millage rate for RE taxes in the state with no end in sight. Last years RE tax bill was $3800 with $3600 in insurance. So the 2 -2.25% pop in sales tax can easily be absorbed if I can slash the taxes and insurance.

NC14GT (5/4/24)
Old 5/3/24, 09:52 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by Mike8307
In my county here in FL the sales tax clocks in at 7% plus near the top millage rate for RE taxes in the state with no end in sight. Last years RE tax bill was $3800 with $3600 in insurance. So the 2 -2.25% pop in sales tax can easily be absorbed if I can slash the taxes and insurance.
Yeah, that's about what I figured, used to have a vacation place on the Gulf.

Insurance is getting to be a problem in this region your looking at, N GA, E TN, W NC. Basically the spine of Appalachia. Don't want to sound racist or inconsiderate, but there are so many illegal aliens in this region, none have insurance, that the rest of ours has exploded in price.
NC14GT (5/4/24)
Old 5/4/24, 08:54 AM

Insurance is getting to be a problem in this region your looking at, N GA, E TN, W NC. Basically the spine of Appalachia. Don't want to sound racist or inconsiderate, but there are so many illegal aliens in this region, none have insurance, that the rest of ours has exploded in price.
I guess I should be happy with my home insurance as I just received it this past week. It went up $110 but sits at $650 for the year.. Our home is valued at about $200k by the county. County taxes are around $800 for the year. That includes the trash, recycling, fire dept, etc... Very reasonable and lets us keep most of our $$$ for ourselves. This is Macon County right above Rabun County in Georgia (home of Deliverance so you know what the region is like).
Mike8307 All I can say is OUCH!!! Yes, making up that 2 or 3% sales tax would be minimal in comparison. I really could not afford a home in FL when we retired in 2002. Today, no way, maybe a condo or villa or something where the cost is shared.
Old 5/4/24, 01:14 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

I guess I should be happy with my home insurance as I just received it this past week. It went up $110 but sits at $650 for the year.. Our home is valued at about $200k by the county. County taxes are around $800 for the year. That includes the trash, recycling, fire dept, etc... Very reasonable and lets us keep most of our $$$ for ourselves. This is Macon County right above Rabun County in Georgia (home of Deliverance so you know what the region is like).
Yeah, I'm very familiar with the area. Been in N GA area my whole life, I love the whole area ga TN NC where they meet. I should have been more specific, it's our car insurance that has exploded, last few years even more.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 5/4/24 at 01:16 PM.
NC14GT (5/5/24)
Old 5/5/24, 08:44 AM

Yeah, I'm very familiar with the area. Been in N GA area my whole life, I love the whole area ga TN NC where they meet. I should have been more specific, it's our car insurance that has exploded, last few years even more.
Oh oh, my annual bill comes in July. I didn't want to hear that. Might be time to shop around again. We shall see.
Old 5/7/24, 03:10 PM

Not inconsiderate at all. It used to be a serious crime if you were driving without insurance. In NY the basic insurance card is called form FS-20 (there are a few variations). The FS stands for financial security and you needed proof that if you're going to sling around 1.75 tons of metal, glass and plastic at high rates of speed, that you were financially covered for any damage you did to others and their property, as well as yourself.

But like everything else these days without any punishment there is no governor on bad behavior, and the rest of us who do the right thing have to pick up the slack for those who don't.

It really doesn't get any more simple than that.

Drive safe my friends.
(Down here the hit and runs, vehicle and pedestrian, are almost a daily occurrence)
NC14GT (5/8/24)
Old 5/8/24, 06:57 AM

^^^ Sad and sorry to hear that, and that's from a red state. Imagine NY or CA now.