General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Be careful

Search this Thread

Old 4/27/24, 02:40 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Be careful

Something to think about. Something I saw on the news, granted doesn't happen often but out there. We're so involved with our Mustangs and constantly searching, buying and trusting as we pursue cars and parts over the internet.

A few days ago I read about a retired couple husband 69, wife 66 posted on one of the on-line sites that people post on to sale, trade, looking for (not naming site). The couple were looking for 1966 Mustang like he had when he and wife met some years ago. They posted on the site and a man responded he had a car and was wanting to sell it. The article doesn't go into what information was exchanged but the couple went to the other state prepared to buy the car. The man killed both of them. The man was arrested, tried and apparently ended up in a hung jury.

What brought this to light again, was a magnet fisherman (I hadn't heard the term before either) The fisherman, fishes with a magnet and he pulled up a 22-caliber rifle and a bag continuing the victim's billfold, identification and wife's property in a plastic bag. The rifle is registered to the man they tried before. He has been re-arrested.

Just posting this and saying, be cautious, careful and protect yourself.
The following users liked this post:
NC14GT (4/28/24)
Old 4/27/24, 06:09 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,580 Likes on 1,909 Posts
Be Wary of Any Transactions These Days!

The Next Door Neighbor Lost 15K on A Stolen Truck Recently & The Authorities Were Useless on The Scam!

Had A Fake Title Even The DMV Could Not Easily Spot!

Sorth of The Border Cartel Scam!

Be Ready for Anything!

Thanks For Posting & Everybody Stay Alert & Stay Safe!

KC
NC14GT (4/28/24)
Old 4/28/24, 07:02 AM
Gotta Have it Green Fanatic Official TMS Travel Guide

Received 957 Likes on 584 Posts
Everyday events that get buried in time and are very real!! Thanks for posting. Good reminder.
Our dept had a missing persons case back in the 80's where an elderly man went to Ocala FL to buy a horse for his farm. He disappeared. Never heard from again. WE all know what happened but not a fact to be found over many years. It's unreal what can happen to ANYONE.
Old 4/28/24, 12:04 PM
THE RED FLASH ------Moderator

Received 1,989 Likes on 1,613 Posts
Thank you for taking the time to share this with us... This is just another fine example to make certain that when doing business with these online websites, is always make certain they're legitimate by doing extensive research searches, such as the BBB, Federal Trade Commission and local/state municipalities... Also search google and Bing for customer reviews as well...
Old 4/28/24, 03:12 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 611 Likes on 440 Posts
Heard a very similar story some years back, almost the same scenario. A lot of others were lucky and just robbed.

​​​​​IF I were to buy or buy looking for something in one of those situations online etc. I'm not meeting you anywhere but the parking lot of the local police department, Sheriff's office or State Trooper head quarter. And they won't be the only ones there with guns
NC14GT (4/29/24)
Old 4/28/24, 04:44 PM

Be careful

It's sad that we have to concern ourselves with this kind of stuff, but it's there. We have enough home-grown criminals, now we get to contend with the criminal influx the government is bringing in.
NC14GT (4/29/24)
Old 4/28/24, 05:30 PM

The Internet is Full oF Those Taking Vids of Crime and Doing Nothing To Help Others!

You Don't See The Ones Who Help Because They are Busy Helping Not Taking Pics!

Kc
NC14GT (4/29/24)
Old 4/29/24, 08:09 AM

^^^ It's interesting that the finale of Seinfeld dealt with this matter. They all ended up in jail for taking a video of a crime instead of helping. It's always been a sensitive subject.
Old 4/29/24, 09:09 AM

We All Have To Follow Our Inner Voice These Days and Do What is Right Regardless of The Current Spin! Some are Cut & Dried & I Can't Believe The Inaction By Some. I Just Saw A Vid of a Very Large Man Attacking a Women and You Could See Two Capable Men Watch & Walk Off Like Nothing was Happening. It Was in Spain. In Fact One Of The Men Had a Nice Large Cooler with a Center Handle Which Would Have Made a Very Effective Weapon For Knocking This Jack *** Down. Probably Did Not Want To Spoil His Lunch.

KC
NC14GT (4/30/24)
Old 4/29/24, 10:10 AM

I agree with what you're saying the mobile phones and instant camera has made all these folks into cameramen for Utube and others. But look what happen to the ex-Marine who came to the aid of the people in the NY subway. He ended up being charged with murder. Or the store owner who wrestled the knife away from a thief and the thief ended up stabbed. The store owner facing charges. I'm sure that kind of TV news makes people reluctant to get involved.

Last edited by Macgould; 4/29/24 at 10:42 AM.
NC14GT (4/30/24)
Old 4/29/24, 11:11 AM

All Part of The Agenda!

KC
The following 2 users liked this post by 05stangkc:
NC14GT (4/30/24), rocknrod (5/1/24)
Old 4/29/24, 01:14 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by NC14GT
^^^ It's interesting that the finale of Seinfeld dealt with this matter. They all ended up in jail for taking a video of a crime instead of helping. It's always been a sensitive subject.
Yeah, the good Samaritan law in that town. Love it when they call Jackie Chiles from jail.

"Good Samaritan law? Never heard of it. You don't have to help anyone with anything. That's what this country was founded on!!
NC14GT (4/30/24)
Old 4/30/24, 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by Macgould
I agree with what you're saying the mobile phones and instant camera has made all these folks into cameramen for Utube and others. But look what happen to the ex-Marine who came to the aid of the people in the NY subway. He ended up being charged with murder. Or the store owner who wrestled the knife away from a thief and the thief ended up stabbed. The store owner facing charges. I'm sure that kind of TV news makes people reluctant to get involved.
Good point for sure BUT New York City doesn't count. I wouldn't help there either knowing how they hate the 'good guys'. What a place to live.
Old 4/30/24, 10:57 AM

I wouldn't live in NYC even if they paid me to live there...LOL
NC14GT (5/1/24)
Old 4/30/24, 02:28 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
I wouldn't live in NYC even if they paid me to live there...LOL
I've got a cousin that lives and works in NYC by CHOICE, and he grew up down here in God's country!

I think he might be a little touched in the head as they say down here
The following 2 users liked this post by Rather B.Blown:
m05fastbackGT (5/1/24), NC14GT (5/1/24)
Old 4/30/24, 02:35 PM

Just The Way They Say NEW YORK CITY Sums it up!

On A Side Note, These Commercials are More Fun To Watch Than 99% Of The TV Programs On These Days! Notice The Vintage Cowboy Actors in Each One From The Old Days!

Old 4/30/24, 02:48 PM

Here Are Some KIDS Who Bit Off More Than They Could Chew!

KC
Old 5/1/24, 03:35 PM

From someone who was born and raised in upstate/western, New York... The culture between the NYC region and upstate/western, New York State are totally different and opposite from one another...
Personally speaking, people who are from Upstate/Western, New York are usually kind hearted people who are more than willing to help those who are in need...

People from NYC on the other hand tend to be less compassionate and are more reluctant to become involved when it comes to helping others who may be unable to defend themselves, perhaps out of fear of possibly being targeted themselves... In the end, I suppose this is just the price some of us pay when it comes to living in such a large metropolitan area
NC14GT (5/3/24)
Old 5/3/24, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
From someone who was born and raised in upstate/western, New York... The culture between the NYC region and upstate/western, New York State are totally different and opposite from one another...
Personally speaking, people who are from Upstate/Western, New York are usually kind hearted people who are more than willing to help those who are in need...

People from NYC on the other hand tend to be less compassionate and are more reluctant to become involved when it comes to helping others who may be unable to defend themselves, perhaps out of fear of possibly being targeted themselves... In the end, I suppose this is just the price some of us pay when it comes to living in such a large metropolitan area
I have to keep reminding myself of that. Whenever we visit the Finger Lakes region (Watkins Glen, etc...), even Niagara Falls and the Buffalo area, we ask ourselves,"are we in the same state as New York City?".We feel the folks in these regions are frustrated as can be with the politics of Albany directed almost solely towards NYC. That governor Hochul is as clueless as can be. She reminds me of VP Harris, no smarts whatsoever.
m05fastbackGT (5/3/24)
Old 5/3/24, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by NC14GT
I have to keep reminding myself of that. Whenever we visit the Finger Lakes region (Watkins Glen, etc...), even Niagara Falls and the Buffalo area, we ask ourselves,"are we in the same state as New York City?".We feel the folks in these regions are frustrated as can be with the politics of Albany directed almost solely towards NYC. That governor Hochul is as clueless as can be. She reminds me of VP Harris, no smarts whatsoever.
You would think knowing that Gov. Kathy Hochul is a Buffalo, NY native, she would favor the politics of Albany be directed towards the Buffalo/western, NY region rather than NYC.. But in the end, it all comes down to big business and what region is bringing in the most revenue for the entire state.. I also agree that it seems as though the Upstate/Western, NY region when compared with the NYC region are like being in completely different states from one another...
NC14GT (5/4/24)