Your third Jeep is on its way?
The following 2 users liked this post by Mustang Freak:
FromZto5 (5/19/18), Stage_3 (5/20/18)
Old 5/19/18, 10:30 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
Your third Jeep is on its way?
LOL Gary.... yeah, the dealership called to inform me that the truck carrying my Wrangler tipped over. HAHA.

No, seriously - meant to post more earlier, but had to download the pics and hangout with the family first

I think Marilyn's gonna be jealous

==========================================

Dealership called me right as the kid's game ended (we lost!!!), but surprised me that Wruby was literally on the truck and being offloaded. I'm like WHAT. How did that sneak in!?!?!? They're fast. I met the truck driver so he was awesome... by the time I got there, he already unloaded it. But he did let my son be the first to "unlock" the vehicle. That was super cool.

What a treat it was to see her, in the flesh, for real. It only took a little over 4 weeks, but still - it was agonizing. Upon seeing her for the first time, it validated my tossing and turning, but ultimately my decision to go with a Wrangler versus another sports car. I LOVE IT!!! My wife and I (she was there too today) said she could really see me in it. I agree. That Red is breathtaking. It's a BRIGHT red. Also really glad I went red instead of granite.

Dealership also let me start her up and drive her into the service bay area where she will be parked all weekend for pick up Monday! I tried and tried to get them to let me take her home today, but no can do - service dept was already closed That's alright - I made them store it indoors.

But anyways - seeing Wruby for the first time - it was surreal. I had deja vu all over again, from 7 years ago when I met Marilyn for the first time. I am truly blessed, and thankful for this opportunity.

2 things I am so glad I did:

- got her in Firecracker Red
- swapped out the Sport for the Sahara

Folks, I'd like you to meet Wruby - she was born on Monday 5/14/18!!! I can't wait to take her home Monday. Am taking afternoon off to spend some quality time with her to get to know her

Here's the pics... she was dirty! Oh, and she only had TWO miles on her! They asked me if I wanted to let them do a short drive for the inspection, I'm like NO... skip it, I'll do it

EDIT: so cool, my dealer guy emailed me a pic of her on the truck as she was delivered.[img]

I don't think she has a bad angle to her!

Will likely plastidip everything you see here:

Here's the proof that she's a stick, and that everything is still WRAPPED!!! I absolutely LOVE the new interior, compared to the older JK. IMO, it's higher quality than our mustangs

I love the "little things" Jeep did - such attention to detail. This plaque is inside the rear door that swings open. I didn't know Jeep's were made since 1941. Also, proudly made in Ohio!!! Apparently there's a lot more "easter eggs" for owners to find. I'm sure I'll see them all when I detail her.

Proof that she only has 2 miles on her!

And here's the window sticker with my name on it!!!

I'll obviously have more pics and adventures on Monday when I bring her home. Stay tuned!!!

Last edited by FromZto5; 5/19/18 at 11:06 PM.
Old 5/20/18, 06:53 AM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,184 Likes on 1,630 Posts
Congrats!!!
Old 5/20/18, 09:05 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,682 Likes on 1,201 Posts
Congrats Burton. That's awesome.
I love the color.
Old 5/21/18, 07:23 AM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,088 Likes on 788 Posts
Very Nice! That was very quick, or at least it seemed quick to me.
Congrats!
Old 5/21/18, 04:12 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Burton must be picking it up now as I type this.
Good luck Burton and congrats.
Old 5/21/18, 05:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 144 Likes on 109 Posts
Congrats Burton, that Red is killer. Let the modding being, 3 in lift kit, winch, steel bumper, snorkel, 37's to start.

Old 5/21/18, 05:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

sorry dup....
Old 5/22/18, 05:03 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Congratulations.. Enjoy it!
Old 5/22/18, 05:08 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 537 Likes on 420 Posts
Is it muddy yet?

Old 5/22/18, 07:05 AM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,184 Likes on 1,630 Posts
Originally Posted by Gabe
Is it muddy yet?

Has hell frozen over yet...?
Old 5/22/18, 02:04 PM
I Have No Life

Congrats!!!
Originally Posted by Stage_3
Congrats Burton. That's awesome.
I love the color.
Originally Posted by shaneyusa
Very Nice! That was very quick, or at least it seemed quick to me.
Congrats!
Burton must be picking it up now as I type this.
Good luck Burton and congrats.
Originally Posted by Rog13GTCS
sorry dup....
Originally Posted by carfreak666
Congratulations.. Enjoy it!
WHAT'S UP GUYS!!! Sorry I couldn't post right away, I was busy signing everything and picking her up.

Sad part, yesterday, I went to go pick her up, but it was freakin' RAINING, so I didn't want to drive her back home FIRST DAY and have it all dirty. Ugh. Hindsight, she still got dirty, but still... LOL. Don't laugh, guys.

So I did all the paperwork and signing beforehand, and then came back at 6 pm to pick her up!

I then proceeded to wash her (IMMEDIATELY) and stayed up till 1 am doing a full detail on her. I REALLY enjoyed the peeling of the plastic. That's sentimental to me. I left some pieces on, like I always do, to remind me of her "newness" - I still have the same thing on Marilyn, 7 years later .

Needless to say, she is COMPLETELY detailed, and remained swirl free - no one touched the paint but me. And that Red is just jawdropping. She looks beautiful.

Drivewise-ownershipwise, what a HOOT to drive and enjoy. I am really having a blast. She has 14 miles on her now, versus 2., but man, it's a completely different vehicle. I don't care about driving fast - drove her to work today and went from engineering building to another building, and despite the short drive, still put the top partially down. Lot's of people looking too - I was surprised. I really love how EASY she is to drive, clutch is super soft and easy to modulate. The interior is just amazing. The ride quality is sporty but not too firm. I love love love the LED's/halos/DRL's. So glad I went Sahara.

Oh also, I couldn't resist, so I have my appointment set up for next Wednesday to go to Des Moines to get my Xpel ClearBra done. I'll need to preserve the paint on this baby...

So, I don't have any full detailed pics yet, just haven't had time since I didn't get done till 1 am last night, but I'll share a few when I got her home yesterday afternoon, and I already did some "minor mods" to her. Short antenna, Trex sticker (must go faster!!!), and all weather mats.

I'll try to post detailed pics of her later tonight or tomorrow.

Am loving this thing. Truly am. No regrets. (versus getting a used Shelby or Viper or Terminator or whatever)

Old 5/22/18, 02:34 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Is it muddy yet?
HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAA
You guyzzzz,.............

Congrats Burton. Looks awesome bro. I'm sure you and your family will have a lot of fun in it together. Enjoy!
Old 5/22/18, 02:44 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
That's a good looking snowmobile Burton. That thing is going to rip through the winter.
Old 5/22/18, 03:47 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by GrnT
That's a good looking snowmobile Burton. That thing is going to rip through the winter.
Guess you missed the part where it will never go out in bad weather?
This poor thing's never gonna have a speck of dust on it ... quite unfortunate. Waves of Jeep owners everywhere are crying for this Wrangler ...
Old 5/22/18, 06:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Love the Jurassic mod . Looking forward to a review when you've had some time with her, especially the soft top. I've read that it is much easier to use than in previous models.
Old 5/23/18, 07:09 AM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,088 Likes on 788 Posts
I just want to be the first to put my name in for dibs when Burton is ready for a new toy in about 4-5 years. The darn thing will be like brand spank'n new. Then I can take it out and give it a proper mud bath!
Old 5/23/18, 08:23 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I just want to be the first to put my name in for dibs when Burton is ready for a new toy in about 4-5 years. The darn thing will be like brand spank'n new. Then I can take it out and give it a proper mud bath!
Then drive it right by his house, mud still dripping off of it
Old 5/23/18, 08:04 PM
I Have No Life

HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAA
You guyzzzz,.............

Congrats Burton. Looks awesome bro. I'm sure you and your family will have a lot of fun in it together. Enjoy!
Thanks Tony! Already starting the memories! We put the top all the way down and I took the Family out for a drive yesterday. It was AWESOME.

The odd thing - I find myself going UNDER the speed limit for some reason. Don’t care about engine or exhaust noise, just actually using the radio for the first time in any vehicle. Relaxing. Such a fun vehicle. Seeing people stare and point, that’s a joy too. Oh, I also got my first Jeep Wave today. Haha.

Originally Posted by GrnT
Thanks Mark!!! I will drive it for sure in winter, but not sure if necessarily in snow covered roads

Guess you missed the part where it will never go out in bad weather?
This poor thing's never gonna have a speck of dust on it ... quite unfortunate. Waves of Jeep owners everywhere are crying for this Wrangler ...
See, Gabe knows lol. But seriously I do plan to drive it in winter, but maybe only when roads are clear . If it does rain, I may still drive her in it.

Originally Posted by Rog13GTCS
Love the Jurassic mod . Looking forward to a review when you've had some time with her, especially the soft top. I've read that it is much easier to use than in previous models.
Thanks Rog!!! The soft top is fantastic. One person job and I can completely lower it or remove it, and takes maybe 5 minutes to remove, just 30 seconds to lower. Much better insulation too.

You will have 5 to choose from!!! I’ve got my eye set on a 2022 Viper! Apparently they’re bringing that back!!! Hehe

Edit: Heres a crappy iPhone pic... I took the fam out for dinner and took Wruby of course. Tried to get an outdoorsy sunset shot. God I love this thing. I can finally enjoy my toy car with all of them rather than just me in the Mustang...

Last edited by FromZto5; 5/23/18 at 08:10 PM.
Old 5/24/18, 02:31 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

HA HAAAAAAAA
Awesome bro. Good stuff indeed.

Quick Reply: (Another) New Stablemate for Marilyn!!!