General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

What kind of attention does your Mustang draw?

Search this Thread

Old 9/2/13, 05:05 PM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What kind of attention does your Mustang draw?

This topic stemmed from a debate I was reading on another forum about girls and their like for cars and in particular the guy driving the car. In plain terminology the concept of a nice cars being a "chick magnet". I figured this could be expanded/elaborated on in a couple directions.

So what kind of attention does your Mustang draw?

Does it attract the attention of police and tickets?
(Exhaust being loud, being a bright color like "arrest me red", going fast, etc)

Does it turn heads from other muscle car (and sports cars etc) enthusiasts?

Do your neighbors love it or hate it?

Does it attract attention from gals/guys (aka chick magnet etc)?

Does it attract dents/scratches/damage from idiots and their doors etc?

And that is just a couple off the top of my head, I am sure there are many more types of attention your Mustang gets.
Old 9/2/13, 07:04 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
Originally Posted by DRaider90
This topic stemmed from a debate I was reading on another forum about girls and their like for cars and in particular the guy driving the car. In plain terminology the concept of a nice cars being a "chick magnet". I figured this could be expanded/elaborated on in a couple directions.

(Exhaust being loud, being a bright color like "arrest me red", going fast, etc)

And that is just a couple off the top of my head, I am sure there are many more types of attention your Mustang gets.
(Exhaust being loud, being a bright color like "arrest me red", going fast, etc) Oh Ya

Does it turn heads from other muscle car (and sports cars etc) enthusiasts? Yup

Do your neighbors love it or hate it? Both just Jelly

Does it attract attention from gals/guys (aka chick magnet etc)? Don't know yet. My wife says I look hot in it.

Does it attract dents/scratches/damage from idiots and their doors etc? Hell no. Don't let it happen.
Old 9/2/13, 07:42 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So what kind of attention does your Mustang draw? A lot of people like it!

Does it attract the attention of police and tickets? Not allow - got one after a month of owning it. I have been followed though. I got SLP muffler deletes...it is loud!

Does it turn heads from other muscle car (and sports cars etc) enthusiasts? Allot of cars want to race me but I try to ignore them. Just caught a group of mustangs going on the highway. The late 80s mustang has a side camera. I hade to ease back after they got in the triple digits...

Do your neighbors love it or hate it? They love the car. I get comments every week.

Does it attract attention from gals/guys (aka chick magnet etc)? Saw a girl looking back today ; ).

Does it attract dents/scratches/damage from idiots and their doors etc? Goy vandalized twice in 6 days. Just cot it out of the shop after nearly 30 days of getting it reprinted.

The Wifey hates the car because it sounds so loud after installing the pipes. Guys like the muffler sounds. One day I had a guy start running down the street from a car shop saying "Yo, hit it, let me hear that sound!". I thought I was famous. Lol!
Old 9/2/13, 09:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
I get lots of nice comments on my legend lime paint. What I notice the most is momma and/or dad walking or standing at a bus stop with little tykes and the kids usually point at my car as I'm driving by. I've also feel the birds think my car is grass as they've left some pretty wicked poops on my car with no trees in sight lol.
Old 9/2/13, 09:48 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
Originally Posted by Lime GT
I get lots of nice comments on my legend lime paint.
So true.
Old 9/2/13, 10:09 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by DRaider90

Mostly from other Mustang owners and vandals. That's about it.
Old 9/3/13, 06:49 AM
Gotta Have it Green Fanatic Official TMS Travel Guide

Received 966 Likes on 593 Posts
Unfortunately not too many comments except from other Mustang owners or 'car people'. That's OK here. Just too many Mustangs on the road apparently. We really noticed the lack of attention on our trip to the west coast this past April. Mustang convertibles were a dime a dozen (the rental companies have huge inventory) and although most were newer than our now 6 year old GT/CS, the average person has no idea. "It's just another Mustang".
It certainly doesn't stop me from loving my GT/CS but for attention getters both my GM rides far exceed it in the department. They are older and 'rarer' rides which certainly factors in.
Old 9/3/13, 07:15 AM
Legacy TMS Member Eu Edition

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Despite what you might think based on the geographical location, the new edge design and silver color actually lets thenStang blend into traffic. It is noticed every now and then, but overall I find it doesn't attract too much attention by cops girlsmor even the random passer-by.

Mustang owners do note the car however, but I don't run into those too often.
Old 9/3/13, 09:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think my little demon would be more of a chick magnet if it were driven by someone more "magnetic" than me... but then, what would I drive?
Old 9/3/13, 10:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Mine is grabber orange, so I get a lot of comments about the color. I wash it every weekend and people walking by always have nice things to say.
Old 9/3/13, 10:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

People trying to figure out what color it is. The other day when I was putting my groceries in the car a lady says, excuse me but is your car black? I said no. She said please tell me daughter she thinks I'm blind and can't see. Lol. Almost every time I take it to get it washed I hear somebody talking about it. I love my Lava Red
Old 9/4/13, 08:54 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
more external customization i do... more attention i m getting...
i might end up one day like this...
Old 9/4/13, 09:03 AM
Mach 1 Member

At a residential street a kid came out from the sidewalk and screamed MUSTANG as he was giving me a two thumbs up.
Old 9/4/13, 10:19 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Nighthawk13
At a residential street a kid came out from the sidewalk and screamed MUSTANG as he was giving me a two thumbs up.
Do you live in California? My son does that all the time.
Old 9/4/13, 10:50 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Mr. V
Do you live in California? My son does that all the time.
Nope, I live in the great white north where Mustangs hibernate 4 months out of the year.
Old 9/5/13, 04:22 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,701 Likes on 1,214 Posts
Nope, I live in the great white north where Mustangs hibernate 4 months out of the year.
Don't feel bad. I live in the U.S. Northeast and mine hibernates as well.
Old 9/5/13, 04:24 PM
Legacy TMS Member Eu Edition

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
I live in the cold Netherlands, and snow, ice, sleet, rain or sun... 12 months a year she gets out!
Old 9/5/13, 05:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Stage_3
Don't feel bad. I live in the U.S. Northeast and mine hibernates as well.
Mine goes in storage in Dec. and comes back out on March 16. I think I needed Prozac by mid Feb.
Btw, we're going the Hampton beach Seafoodfest this Saturday and it's the 1st time that I'm taking her through US border. stang
Originally Posted by Neko-
I live in the cold Netherlands, and snow, ice, sleet, rain or sun... 12 months a year she gets out!
It must be fun drifting all year round.
Old 9/5/13, 06:19 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,701 Likes on 1,214 Posts
Btw, we're going the Hampton beach Seafoodfest this Saturday and it's the 1st time that I'm taking her through US border. stang
Awesome man!! I was there last year on vacation. It is really nice there. I guess they re-did the area not too long ago. Have fun!
Old 9/11/13, 12:58 PM
V6 Member

Mines blk'd out, cant see in whatsoever. I dig sittin at a light...dudes drive up starin at the car then I "casually" gotta roll window down LOL
Or same kinda scenerio but Ill whoop a dude off the line from a light or whatever...meet up again down aways & have to "casually" roll the window down again Ha!
Or just as this happened over the weekend... Im at 7-11, walk out w/ my big ol slurpee as these 2 dudes are standin there checkin it out talkin amongst themselves... I say "like whatcha see?" as Im gettin in...Its great!

Quick Reply: What kind of attention does your Mustang draw?