05-09 My Color, IUP & Gt-500 Cluster, Gauge Face Topics 2005-2009 My Color, IUP & Gt-500 Cluster, Gauge Face Topics

6-Gauge w/ MYCOLOR installed successfully! CLUSTER REVIEW

Search this Thread

Old 4/20/05, 06:19 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
6-Gauge w/ MYCOLOR installed successfully! CLUSTER REVIEW

Well I got my car back today and I now have a 6-guage instrument cluster with MYCOLOR! It's awesome! I knew I'd love the color options, but didn't realize just how much I would enjoy the extra guages and, more importantly, the message center. The message center (for those who don't have it) tells you what your average MPG is, how many miles you've traveled on X trip, how many more miles until your tank is empty, etc.

There's also an option to tell you how long you've been traveling on the current trip, but for some reason that doesn't work on mine. Not that I care, but I'm just curious if it's something I'm not doing or if it was something that Ford never implemented, or if its just not set up right on mine. Like I said, I don't care, I can tell time on my own, just curious.

I've also noticed that my guage cluster bezel isn't popped back in all the way. on the bottom left corner it is sticking up/out just a hair.

I have noticed one thing that I'll have to get fixed soon though. My A/C has been altered somehow. Not sure if it has anything to do with the switch assembly or cluster being installed, the programming on the car or what. In any case, my A/C works on "1" but won't pump out any more air when I turn it up to "2" "3" or "4".

Oh and for those of you wondering, my total bill (counting the switch assembly which I purchased from Kevin, the cluster and labor) came out to about $580.
Old 4/20/05, 06:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Great to hear the good news.
Hopefully you'll get the bugs worked out.
The price isn't bad either for doing it after the fact.
Enjoy the new mod.
Old 4/20/05, 06:37 PM
Bullitt Member

lets see some colors!
Old 4/20/05, 06:43 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Congratulations....I'm sure you'll be very happy with it!!
Old 4/20/05, 10:56 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by JPutnam277@April 20, 2005, 6:22 PM
Well I got my car back today and I now have a 6-guage instrument cluster with MYCOLOR! It's awesome! I knew I'd love the color options, but didn't realize just how much I would enjoy the extra guages and, more importantly, the message center. The message center (for those who don't have it) tells you what your average MPG is, how many miles you've traveled on X trip, how many more miles until your tank is empty, etc.

There's also an option to tell you how long you've been traveling on the current trip, but for some reason that doesn't work on mine. Not that I care, but I'm just curious if it's something I'm not doing or if it was something that Ford never implemented, or if its just not set up right on mine. Like I said, I don't care, I can tell time on my own, just curious.

I've also noticed that my guage cluster bezel isn't popped back in all the way. on the bottom left corner it is sticking up/out just a hair.

I have noticed one thing that I'll have to get fixed soon though. My A/C has been altered somehow. Not sure if it has anything to do with the switch assembly or cluster being installed, the programming on the car or what. In any case, my A/C works on "1" but won't pump out any more air when I turn it up to "2" "3" or "4".

Oh and for those of you wondering, my total bill (counting the switch assembly which I purchased from Kevin, the cluster and labor) came out to about $580.
glad to hear you got what you wanted. it;'s a shame Ford couldn't have come through better with the IUP. I think it cost $400 for all the pieces if you could get it. It makes you wonder if this is just another way that Ford can milk a few more bucks out of us.
Old 4/21/05, 08:13 AM
V6 Member

I ordered my IUP on Tuesday....I can hardly wait...or well I couldn't before I read your post...now I am really thinking how cool it will be. My dealer said the parts are on back order, so no ETA yet.

Thanks for update!
Beckie
Old 4/21/05, 08:17 AM
Mach 1 Member

so you got this because you didn't order the IUP with the car? I was going to say, I got the IUP when I ordered it, and the functions you described are already in my car. Sorry, I was just a little confused there.
Old 4/21/05, 09:15 AM
Mach 1 Member

""""""""There's also an option to tell you how long you've been traveling on the current trip, but for some reason that doesn't work on mine. Not that I care, but I'm just curious if it's something I'm not doing or if it was something that Ford never implemented, or if its just not set up right on mine. Like I said, I don't care, I can tell time on my own, just curious.""""""""""

I think once you get to that option you have to hit rest to get it to start & then again to stop it. I could be wrong about that , so you can just skim that part of the owners manual. I would go check it, but my car is at the dealers until tomorrow having a 2nd dealer installed gas tank. Anyway. Hope that helps you. Post us some pixs of those colors.

~*~Kera~*~
Old 4/21/05, 03:48 PM
V6 Member

I called to check on my IUP order for the cluster and switch. The cluster is shipping in two days...don't yet know on the switch. I can't believe I will finally have MyColor...Wahoo!!!!

Beckie
Old 4/21/05, 03:58 PM
GT Member

I don't understand. Did the dealer tell you you couldn't order your car with the IUP? Or did you change your mind after the car arrived? I'm just a little dense, that's all.
Old 4/21/05, 04:29 PM
The Analog Admin!

Received 3,157 Likes on 2,311 Posts
Originally posted by Tigger05@April 21, 2005, 1:51 PM
I called to check on my IUP order for the cluster and switch. The cluster is shipping in two days...don't yet know on the switch. I can't believe I will finally have MyColor...Wahoo!!!!

Beckie
The Switches are on a mild backorder you should recieve in 7 to ten days

kc MR IUP
Old 4/21/05, 05:26 PM
V6 Member

Thanks for the info 05stangkc! I thought I was looking at 2 or 3 weeks maybe...I expected longer. So I am way happy...

Buck,

Some of us had order in which were kicked back due the lawsuit that popped up as an issue in December. I didn't want to wait so I took the car without IUP instead of waiting for a solution. Therefore, I am doing the upgrade now that it is available and the lawsuit has settled.
Old 4/21/05, 10:41 PM

So you just go back to the dealer and ask for the IUP? I really didn't think having all the bells and whistles would be necessary. If they can do the refit without any problems, I say why not?

EDIT:
I gotta change my avatar. There ain't any snow up here anymore!
Old 4/21/05, 10:54 PM
V6 Member

You have to order to parts and pay extra.

Sentient....here is your snow...
Old 4/21/05, 11:17 PM
AJC
Mach 1 Member

I just wish they had offered MYCOLOR without the brush aluminum dash...thats the only reason I didnt go for it..
Old 4/22/05, 08:21 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MyColor is mine.......I went down to Clevenger Ford today to get my MyColor cluster intalled. Kevin Casey made available the parts and their service department hooked it right up. Boy, can I say that I am thrilled. The cluster and switch were spot on and I had no problems at all. Kevin and I shot the breeze while it was being done. I've got to say that it was great to meet a fellow Mustang nut, especially one so willing to contribute to our Mustang community. As busy as he is down there, it is amazing that he is able to help us out with mail order parts. I just wanted to say that I could not be happier with my cluster or the service. Thanks, Kevin.
[attachmentid=18814]
The following users liked this post:
05stangkc (9/29/23)
Old 4/23/05, 05:26 PM

I agree about the aluminum dash upgrade. I sat in a Sonic Blue V6 with the IUP at the dealer before I purchased my current one. There was no way I could live with the dash blinding me in an inopportune moment. I'm going to look into getting the instrument panel upgrade. My Shaker's been skipping, too...
Old 4/23/05, 06:04 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by AJC@April 22, 2005, 1:20 AM
I just wish they had offered MYCOLOR without the brush aluminum dash...thats the only reason I didnt go for it..
You CAN get the MYCOLOR upgrade without the brush aluminum dash. Here's a link for you to try. Email Kevin at clevparts@aol.com or use http://www.clevengerford.com/main.htm. Kevin is excellent help. He can get you almost any part you need for you Stang. He posted earlier in this thread.
Old 9/29/23, 11:32 PM
The Analog Admin!

Received 3,157 Likes on 2,311 Posts
Originally Posted by Gnirod1
MyColor is mine.......I went down to Clevenger Ford today to get my MyColor cluster intalled. Kevin Casey made available the parts and their service department hooked it right up. Boy, can I say that I am thrilled. The cluster and switch were spot on and I had no problems at all. Kevin and I shot the breeze while it was being done. I've got to say that it was great to meet a fellow Mustang nut, especially one so willing to contribute to our Mustang community. As busy as he is down there, it is amazing that he is able to help us out with mail order parts. I just wanted to say that I could not be happier with my cluster or the service. Thanks, Kevin.
[attachmentid=18814]
04/22/05

@Gnirod1

I remember This Day! Tony Made Quite a Drive To Get the My Color Installed. We Did a Quick Photo Op in Front of Parts! Looks Like the Forum Hack Took Out the Pictures! Tony Wherever You Are I Hope You are Doing Great! One of the Few Tms Friends I Got to Meet in Person Back in the Day! It's Probably a Long Shot The Mention Will Work But I am Gonna Try it Anyway!

Tony Was in the USAF at The Time So Salute!

Mgb,

KC