Curated Content Articles Mach-E Magazine Type Articles With Pictures By IB Photo Gallery

Critically-honest, No BS Mach E Review

Search this Thread

Old 12/15/20, 02:02 PM
IB Staff

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
Critically-honest, No BS Mach E Review

From left to right: Boss 302 (owned by IB Auto Editor Michael Palmer) Mach-E 1400 and Mach-E Premium with Standard Range (RWD)

Hey guys!

The editorial team over on TMS just completed a full feature on the Mach-E and Mach E4 X (extended range).

While it doesn't answer the question as to whether it is a true Mustang (that is up to you decide), it certainly is worth the merit Ford has given it.

Check it out!

Last edited by Curated Content Editor; 12/15/20 at 02:14 PM.
Old 12/16/20, 09:28 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
I'm sorry. I stopped the video. I tried, but I can't even. It's just tickin' me off. I just... wat.

That's not a Mustang. I get it, but no. Unless Ford's actually doing what I said in another post elsewhere and spinning off 'Mustang' as a new brand (think Mercury as an idea...) then this thing is a Probe-E.

Oh, I'm sure it's got performance. I'm sure it's bad (alternate term for 'donkey'). And it'll hold your kids and groceries and do all the in-town things.

But it's NOT a Mustang.

And absolutely NOT A MACH.

/Unless it's a new brand. Then I'm in, that'd be great.
//I think Mustang-Cat might have an issue though...
///Still not a Mach. Mustang Probe-E would be good...
////Give up on this? No, I don't think I will. - Captain America (who would agree with me, methinks.)
The following 4 users liked this post by houtex:
m05fastbackGT (12/22/20), Mas35NYR (12/16/20), shaneyusa (12/16/20), SpectreH (12/16/20)
Old 12/16/20, 12:47 PM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,088 Likes on 788 Posts
Sorry I would never buy one of these and hope they fail big time. I am sure it is a good E-SUV (crossover), but not a Mustang in any way shape or form. Just totally sacrilegious in my mind. Such a disgrace and disrespect to the heritage of the true Mustang. Ford really screwed up on the naming of this car, could have been a good thing. Makes about as much sense as calling it a Thunderbird, or a Lighting.

Maybe it should have been called Amp or Ohm or Faraday or Spark or Current or Shock or Flash or anything other than Mustang.

Probe-E is a very suitable name...

Last edited by shaneyusa; 12/16/20 at 01:22 PM.
The following users liked this post:
m05fastbackGT (12/22/20)
Old 12/16/20, 01:16 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,177 Likes on 1,624 Posts
THANY YOU GUYS FOR TAKING ONE ON THE CHIN!!! I didn't want to view it so you saved me the angst!!!
Old 12/22/20, 04:09 PM
THE RED FLASH ------Moderator

Received 1,974 Likes on 1,599 Posts
Originally Posted by shaneyusa
Sorry I would never buy one of these and hope they fail big time. I am sure it is a good E-SUV (crossover), but not a Mustang in any way shape or form. Just totally sacrilegious in my mind. Such a disgrace and disrespect to the heritage of the true Mustang. Ford really screwed up on the naming of this car, could have been a good thing. Makes about as much sense as calling it a Thunderbird, or a Lighting.

Maybe it should have been called Amp or Ohm or Faraday or Spark or Current or Shock or Flash or anything other than Mustang.

Probe-E is a very suitable name...
You can blame Bill Ford for signing off/giving the green light. That being said, I lost all respect for this guy after allowing the marketing dept to sway his original decision against putting the Mustang nameplate on this SUV. Needless to say, it is indeed sacrilegious and a disgrace to say the very least!
shaneyusa (1/4/21)
Old 12/26/20, 06:28 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
Problem is... people are excited about it if they're NOT Mustang people. Aka, the people who wouldn't normally buy a Mustang, but now they can, and so they're Mustangers!

It's gonna sell like hotcakes, watch. But at the prices they're at? No thanks.

What they need to do is make an 'everyman' electric car. Aka, a Mustang WE HAVE NOW with the electric motors. The F150 is gettin' that! Why can't the Mustang!?

I was all excited, honest, about an electric Mustang... and then I found out that it's not an actual Mustang, but a weird Windstar or something with Mustang cues and badges slapped on.

I don't care if Vaughn Gitten makes one that's kinda cool in how it performs and even sounds (those electric motors whining as he puts that thing through its paces is really nifty!), it's a SOCCER MOBILE.

And therefore NOT a Mustang.

It's a Faux-stang. Yes. THAT'S the name goin' forward. It's not even right to call it a Probe, that's insulting the Probe IMO.
shaneyusa (1/4/21)
Old 12/27/20, 05:32 AM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 124 Likes on 100 Posts
Some of these high dollar options will require a 'monthly Fee' to keep them active, after the 2 or 3 year free trial. This is from the F150 Forum I'm a Member of. https://www.f150forum.com/f129/activ...tually-491063/

Edit: Also I've read, Ford is in bed with AT&T and the free WIFI hot spots are free for 2 or 3 years also. After the free trial you have to pay a monthly fee to AT&T to be able to use them

I may be wrong but this is what I've been reading

Last edited by David Young; 12/27/20 at 05:39 AM.