Various Curated Content Articles Magazine Type Articles With Pictures By IB / Photo Gallery, Auctions, Shows, Etc. Youtube Video's

5 Widebody Mustangs That Can't Be Missed

Search this Thread

Old 6/10/21, 04:11 PM
IB Staff

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

By Aria Savadkouei

Adding some width to the Mustang can aid in aggressive presence.

Old 6/10/21, 06:03 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 670 Likes on 542 Posts

'Cause, y'know, they wiiiide, so you can't help but scrape they fenders when you try to pass 'em.

In order (the first pic doesn't count):
1 - Don't care if it is Matt Farah's, it's badly executed. Bad cuts, bolts/rivets everywhere. Unclean. But "racecar", I guess.
2 - CLEEEAAANNN. This is how you do it. LOVE that paint. This one's my favorite.
3 - More afterthoughts. Cut fender after the bumper? What? Bolts/rivets again. But hey, another racecar, so whatever, I guess.
4 - Parts cannon vomit problem. I think the name was Toobusy Tryhard? IDK, too much goin' on and not enough cohesion.
5 - The II is already a styling... curiosity... before you do something like this to it, but whatever. I dig this one They did good by the II. Second favorite! But that giant airbrake in the back is botherin' me... I'd have to see more pics of it to have a better opinion of it. Doesn't beat that '67 though.

Overall, most widebody attempts are just... no. Please don't. The II and the '67 are the correct ways to do it. Clean, factory look. Taking your time to do it right. Those bolt ons are for trucks. And let me tell you something: Most of the widebody kits on a truck? STICK ON. That's right, the bolts/rivets are all fake. Why do this to an otherwise perfectly good Mustang?

I'm sure my opinion is worth exactly zero, but there we go. Carry on!

The following users liked this post:
SouthernGorilla (3/25/22)
Old 6/15/21, 12:38 AM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,138 Likes on 817 Posts
Mostly agree with @houtex... I do really like the '67. It is minimal notice in the changes. Still looks like a '67 should. At first look I thought I liked the GT350. It has kind of a GT500 vibe going on there. Finish is poor and looks like thing are pasted on, just not there for me. Went way over the top with the "parts bin" additions... Not a fan of the others.