The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   1974-1978 Mustang II (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f865/)
-   -   *Updated* Arin's Uber "76" Mustang II Buildup (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f865/updated-arins-uber-76-mustang-ii-buildup-416245/)

future9er24 9/15/05 08:15 AM

it is an EFI motor, but im ditching it for three reasons.

#1: i would have to buy all the wring cuz the idiot that pulled the motor out for us cut itall up....

#2: since im planning on cleveland heads, i need a carbed intake. i dont think EFI will work...

#3 computers scare me

anyhoo, i cant wait!!! i dont even care how fast its gonna be anymore, and i dont care too much about my chelle buddy being faster, i just wanna take it to the track now, jst for the fun of it!!! i've never been to the strip in mylife before, and as my car gets closer and closer to being where i want it to be, i get more and more excited.

and if 250hp/300ft;bs is crazy, imagine after the 331 stoker kit and the alum. aussie cleveland heads :drool: i think i may have to add a cage just to keep the car stiff afgter all that....

future9er24 9/21/05 07:14 PM

w00t! intake n carb got here the other day :D

now as soon as those god-forsaken mounts get here lol. then the real fun begins!

hehehe i soooooo wanna see what she'll run in the 1/4. i really dont know what to expect! besides ive never ever gone to a track n i really wanna see what its like. next up as soon as all this gets done is a bigger radiator. for awhile im gonna work on makeing her better machanically. cuz after spending so much otherwise, i'd hate to blow something up due to overheating or something. i wanna hear that 302 start!!!!

and i think the 250 hp will be good for me for a while. aside from tinkering and trying to make all the non owrking parts..well...work i dont think ill be doing as much to the II for a while. gonna save up for that paint job :P

THRUST_ 9/22/05 10:25 AM

sounds sweet Arin, 250hp in a II should be good enough for a while. I'm happy to see your project still going, hopefully the motor mounts come soon.

and Nathan what university did you go to?

future9er24 9/23/05 08:04 AM

thanks dude...

kinda off here, but as of yesterday i realized that my head rubs the ceiling of an SN95 when im in the back lol.

future9er24 9/26/05 04:35 PM

scoredome!!!!!! :w00t: who's got motor mounts? boooooyaaaahahaaaaaaa!!!

time to get this puppy up'n'runnin'

oh man this is gonna be a long week :bang:

THRUST_ 9/27/05 02:44 PM

great to hear, now all I can say is get off the computer and get to work.

future9er24 9/27/05 05:31 PM

i couldnt do anything rite now if i wanted. the engine/tranny are at my uncles shop right now. not gonna stop there till the weekend...

cant wait tho!

hispony 10/2/05 09:50 AM

Originally posted by future9er24@September 23, 2005, 10:07 AM
kinda off here, but as of yesterday i realized that my head rubs the ceiling of an SN95 when im in the back lol.

Cut your hair. :jester:
Smart idea working on making sure nothing breaks before you go to the track.
These cars are so light, if you have 250 hp you'll be having a lot of fun.

future9er24 10/2/05 11:18 AM

cut my hair? cut my HAIR??? never :P aside from the bonuses i get from the beautiful young women (they come in droves you know...) i also get that added bonus of poofing it out and putting on my crazy goggles (that i use to see during track cuz im blind as a bat without em) which makes me look like a psycho which is part of my psycological advantage against the other runners. they'll be too scared to run so the wind resistence becomes futile :D

and about taking tha car to the track, as excited as i am about it all, im going to take it veeery easily until i can afford a beefed out radiator. thats the only other thing i really want right now n ill be happy. cuz right now... i still have the V6 rad in it... which is baaaad. it wont like explode will it? if i like drive it very conservatively?

perhaps another trip to the junkyard is in order....

Knight 10/2/05 01:53 PM

Havn't put any pics of your parts and stuff that you have now.

I wanna see.

Autotooner 10/2/05 02:48 PM

Arin... guess who found a king cobra just sitting in a local junkyard? :yup: it's pretty bad, lemme know if you need anything off of it... :nice:

future9er24 10/2/05 04:38 PM

chris, no pics yet cuz its not put together yet. it was supposed to go together this wekend, but my uncle is out of town which means the shop is closed :mad: and even if i knew someone who could help me do it, the motor is in the shop. everything else is boxes.

Jason.... do u have any pics? how's the front valence? and the hatch? if theres not rust on the hatch and the valence is good... i might be intererested....

see if you can get any pics, cuz if the price isnt that much from the yard, i could maybe pay you for the parts and the shipping and maybe a bit extra for bringin this to my attention ;)

heck, see if you can send the whole car here :D

and is the interior all red? :drool:

Autotooner 10/2/05 04:54 PM

the interior is gone, as is the doors... couldn't see the front, except the grille, which was laying on the ground behind it... and the hatch looked good... I'll see waht I can find out. :nice:

future9er24 10/2/05 05:58 PM

thanks man :nice:

1999 Black 35th GT 10/3/05 09:09 AM

Arin, I like everything in your orginal design with the exception of the shaker. Jsut my .02 :nice:

Autotooner 10/3/05 04:34 PM

Arin, talked to the guy today, he said the kc was a parts car and lead me inside to see this bad hiney looking II... :o I couldn't get any pics, but he gave me the addy of another guy who has several II's sittin' 'round... So I'll check them out this weekend :nice:

future9er24 10/3/05 04:40 PM

:jaw: thanks Jason. could i ask you to try and get some pics :photo: for me. you rock bro

Andy, thanks man. and about the shaker, i'm still not sure on that. dunno where i posted the pic, but im thinking of a 71-73 ram air style hood too...

oy, now i rememmber where the pic is.

im still not sure about any of this. but i can pretty much rule out carb scoop. i want this to be a somewhat balanced car and a carb scoop n blower are not in that realm of reality. :P

lilbossman 10/12/05 04:18 PM

hey my uncle has a II front bumper around here if you need it. its not painted [primer gray]. he might have some more II parts around also.

future9er24 10/12/05 10:58 PM

i think my bumpers are good right now, but thanks man :nice:

and besides, i wouldnt be able to buy anything for my car right now anyhow. lol

Nathan_H 10/14/05 09:49 AM

Hey Arin, u cant wait to see this sucker finished; its weird you know, to see someone else living a dream that you wish was yours. Maybe if i grew an afro things would work out... :D Anyways bud, just wanted to wish you the best of luck.~Nathan

Oh yeah, THRUST, im at Mount Allison University in Sackville New Brunswick.