The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   1974-1978 Mustang II (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f865/)
-   -   *Updated* Arin's Uber "76" Mustang II Buildup (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f865/updated-arins-uber-76-mustang-ii-buildup-416245/)

future9er24 8/27/05 12:36 AM

Feldspar! nice to see ya.

the day i can pay for enough gas to get me to minnesota, i'll be there.... :-D

is the 347 an all new crate motor or short block, or did you build it out of an old 302?

post some pics in the intro section, its always good to have more IIs around :D

Feldspar 8/27/05 09:29 AM

It was a 302 bored and stroked by a guy near my house like 7 years ago and he only put 1000 miles on it!!! It's a little dirty but i'm gonna be takin it apart in auto's class once school starts. But until i get some pics up you can look for feldspar on cardomain. I'm putting new pics up tonight. Late

future9er24 8/28/05 11:07 PM

GOOD NEWS!!!!! i've decided im not going to pay $230+ on a set of motor mounts.

Me and my dad talked and our 93 mazda protege is getting tired out. time to sell it. (hey it lasted 180K+ with no engine probs, not bad at all)

so we found a '75 302 auto coupe in gold for $1495 at a used car dealership that we're gonna check out maybe next weekend. we plan on taking the motor mounts and wiring from that, sticking it in MY II, then taking the wiring and mounts and the motor/tranny from mine, sticking it in the notch, and then taking the motor i pulled from the lincoln, coupled with the mounts from this II and putting it into the cobra.

which still leaves ME with another 302 and a C4 to sell back for a few hundred buckaroos. then hiney in the fact that i can sell my extra ten hole wheels and the stock wheels fromm ym cobra, maybe another $400 total, which is a bout a grand, which is nearly what we're paying for the new II

:w00t: heck yes! 2 IIs for us! and since im doing alot of the work and paying for the difference from the trade its half mine! wooo!!!
2 IIs!

plus this ones gold, so i'll slap some red vinyle stripes and instant ninermobile untill i can afford paint for mine :P

YESSS!!!!!

MY DAD ROCKS!!!! plus maybe if i get him to help me out working on it, i can teach him what little I know about cars (cuz he frankly doesnt know much about cars...)

and he likes the 4 speed in my car anyhoo so it'll be his commuter car for when he's not driving the bimmer!!!

ARIN IS EXCITED!!!!!

ManEHawke 8/28/05 11:29 PM

Now we're getting somewhere with this whole journal thing.
finally :rolleyes:

So next weekend eh, is this week gonna go super slow for you or what :-D

looking forward to the progress, although all I have to do is just sit back and enjoy the show. Hey maybe now you work around to that 700ci moster eh.
:poke:

future9er24 8/28/05 11:32 PM

i know!!!! but like i have moneys for that!

thats gonna be my big block pro-street dragster someday....

same gold paint tho :P

oh man a 700cis BOSS 429 with Fuel injection and a blower and carb scoop? :drool: on SLICKS!!!

man i cant wait!!!

ManEHawke 8/28/05 11:36 PM

You know what's gonna be cool after you get everything sorted out.
You'll be lucky enough to have a gold on red, and a red on gold II. How much better can it get huh?
That'll make for a good picture.

future9er24 8/28/05 11:39 PM

and with the niner flag waving in the bacground? :drool: i cant wait!!!

now i have a reason to get thru school lol :P

66Mustang289ci 8/29/05 07:21 PM

Thats great news, and good for an update too.

I had to read your post a couple times to get what you were doin straight. :confused:

future9er24 8/29/05 09:03 PM

i had to write it a few times to make sure i got it down straight :P lol

its a bit on the complicated side, but hey, its all good learnin

future9er24 9/3/05 08:51 PM

hehehe, guess what got here today :P

http://img358.imageshack.us/img358/5097/img05570ps.jpg

ManEHawke 9/3/05 08:54 PM

lol nice, so many creative places you could hang that up to. Anywhere special in mind?

future9er24 9/3/05 09:09 PM

untill i find a new place to park my car (its in the parking lot in the cul-de-sac) it'll be on my wall, above the headboard on my bed, right nesxt to that "faithful" 49er poster :P

Feldspar 9/3/05 09:35 PM

I have a sign like that and it says... "74 Mustang Parking Only! All others will be sold for scrap!" I bring it with me places and leave it on my dash or something.

future9er24 9/3/05 11:08 PM

hehe, thats smart, leacing it on the dash :nice:

maybe i'll do that lol

Nathan_H 9/5/05 08:25 AM

hey arin, i havent been on here in a while, with university and all, but im amazed at hoe everything is coming along, its ridiculous considering back here not too long ago you didnt even have a stang, nice work and i cant wait to see it when its completed.

future9er24 9/5/05 09:28 AM

^_^ thanks dude. hope you're enjoying college btw :nice:

future9er24 9/12/05 08:57 PM

:w00t: who's got motor mounts?!

hehe, got em for $175 on a buyitnow

now as soon as that and the intake/carb gets here... :D happy time

jsaylor 9/14/05 10:52 PM

Great thread Arin, I'll be watching your progress on the II with great interest as I have always the littlest pony is under-rated.

future9er24 9/15/05 12:03 AM

thanks dude :nice:

oy, forgot to mention, the only reason i got them mounts off ebay is cuz we called the dealerhisp (finally) and it doesnt exist. argH! someone pranked us. Arin not be happy.ahh well, at least we get to keep the beater and play with that lol. see how far it'll go before the motor nreeds a rebuil (we're knockin on 190K now...)

now as soon as everything gets SHIPPED HERE!!!! argh!!! lol im too hyper for my won good. im really interested to see what my II will run with a basically stock '90 5.0 with its 2700lbs of sexy goodness. i know they were supposed to have 225hp in the continentals (or was it a bit more? :scratch: ) anyhoo, after the free flwoin sidepipes, edlebrok RPM intake and holly carb im expecting around 250hp. does that sound about right? or am i overestimating...

in anycase, ~250hp will be plenty for a while, especially in a light II body. im really worried about traction though. as in: will i get any? 2700lbs is NOT alot. may have to keep some spare tires in the hatch to get some weight above the axle.

oy! the axle!!! will an 8" (not 8.8) stand up to 250hp? dont wanna blow that up... especially not after all i've put into the car otherwise.

ManEHawke 9/15/05 01:40 AM

~250 sounds about right, along with over 300tq surely :drool:
Geez on that light of a body you'll be flying. I'm sure you're rear-end will be ok for now, that is untill you get more serious with launching power (which is what would kill it) some big wide rear tires & launching it over 3k might do the trick after many repatitions
But also you are pretty light so there will be considerably less stress.

Oh and what is that Holley carb you speak of, the 90 5.0 you got is EFI, no?