1974-1978 Mustang II Member Tech & Restoration Discussion

<---New to Mustang II World

Search this Thread

Old 6/9/05, 02:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well first off I like to say Hi, and I'm glad to be apart of a classic revolution in cars.
My parents recently felt I needed some help in the self-confidence area after my relationship breakup. They bought a 1977 Ford Mustang for $500.00, I'm not sure what type of motor, but the body isn't hatchback. It is a 4spd manual as well, it starts up and it did run, it has about 47,000 miles on a new engine and the owner told my parents it just needs a good tune-up and oil-change for starters.

There is a slight leak in the radiator which he gave us some liquid sealent stuff we pour into it. Anyways it's blue w/ white interior and the body seems in decent condition, no major dents and the front driver/passenger carpet needs to be replaced. I am hoping I can become apart of the Mustang II community and learn as much as possible from you all!

Future Plans:

Engine:

I wanted to know if there are any simple mods I could do to the engine , or add something that would give it some power. I'm looking to maybe add 25-75HP at most. I'm not big on racing as my 2000' Civic Si ricer has surely done that. I just want to add something to the engine to give it abit more power, nothing major, maybe even an exhaust switch as well.

Interior:

I need to replace the carpet for the front driver/passenger sides. I was thinking of replacing the carpet inside the whole car and changing it to black or blue, so I'm wondering if anyone could give me tips of what material to use or places I can check-out .

Audio:

I feel this is gonna be the hardest thing of anything, see I don't use CD's anymore accept for putting them into my computer. I own a Apple 30GB iPod Photo, so in my Civic I have it run through that. The only problem here is that the car is older and I need to know if that option is even possible? I also need to know what sizes and where exactly the speakers are in the car, I wanna swap the stock rear for some 6'' x 9''s or 6 1/2'' and the front side panal with 5 1/2''(5.25). I will be adding a AMP to power these speakers and the 10'' Rockford Fosgate Punch sub I will be throwing in the trunk

Paint:

I plan on giving the car a new paint job, after I decide on the color of the inside and finish the inside period, as far as audio/interior/ and etc. I am thinking of leaving it blue or going black! Also I was wondering if anybody knew where I could pick up the mustang emblem for the front and the rear. Rear just says *MU* and the front says just *F*

Well I like to thank you all in advance and hope to hear from you!
-Jumaane

p.s. I will post pics as soon as I get my digi cam back from my g/f :bang:
Old 6/9/05, 03:36 PM

Originally posted by TerryBogard21@June 9, 2005, 2:51 PM
Well first off I like to say Hi, and I'm glad to be apart of a classic revolution in cars.
My parents recently felt I needed some help in the self-confidence area after my relationship breakup. They bought a 1977 Ford Mustang for $500.00, I'm not sure what type of motor, but the body isn't hatchback. It is a 4spd manual as well, it starts up and it did run, it has about 47,000 miles on a new engine and the owner told my parents it just needs a good tune-up and oil-change for starters.

There is a slight leak in the radiator which he gave us some liquid sealent stuff we pour into it. Anyways it's blue w/ white interior and the body seems in decent condition, no major dents and the front driver/passenger carpet needs to be replaced. I am hoping I can become apart of the Mustang II community and learn as much as possible from you all!

Engine:

I wanted to know if there are any simple mods I could do to the engine , or add something that would give it some power. I'm looking to maybe add 25-75HP at most. I'm not big on racing as my 2000' Civic Si ricer has surely done that. I just want to add something to the engine to give it abit more power, nothing major, maybe even an exhaust switch as well.
Did i miss the part where you said what motor was in it? There were 3 options
4, 6 or 8 cyl

Also if your needing a self confidence boost, the II may not be the generation of Mustang you want...LOL
Old 6/9/05, 05:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by StangII@June 9, 2005, 5:39 PM
Also if your needing a self confidence boost, the II may not be the generation of Mustang you want...LOL

I have to agree. This was the wrong car to build-up self confidence. We are the black sheep of the Mustang family.
The best place for info on parts, mods, etc. is mustangii.net
Old 6/9/05, 06:03 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
even if we are the black sheep, who cares! i dont give a crap what anyone says about my car, and if you like it man, who cares?

lets see those pics!

oh and welcome to the site

rock on
Old 6/10/05, 02:54 PM
Team Mustang Source

Welcome!

You're right Arin, black sheep or not II's are awesome. They saved the Mustang from extinction in 74!
Old 6/11/05, 03:10 AM

Originally posted by StangII@June 9, 2005, 2:39 PM
Did i miss the part where you said what motor was in it? There were 3 options
4, 6 or 8 cyl

Well I checked the engine out and it's a V6, I'm a Lazy guy so the little things I gotta work on will help and the fact that hey I'm working on a car for once in my life helped even more and lastly...I love being a Black Sheep and an Underdog Even more

-Jumaane
Old 6/11/05, 11:20 AM
Post *****

I love being a Black Sheep and an Underdog Even more
being the underdog makes it so much beter when you win lol
Old 6/16/05, 09:47 PM

Originally posted by future9er24@June 11, 2005, 10:23 AM
being the underdog makes it so much beter when you win lol
Well here is a OK picture taken from the phone! I love the car and I already got rims...I parents paid $450.00 for the car and it runs!
Old 6/17/05, 10:23 PM
Post *****

nice!

those notchies look great w/o the vynle
Old 6/20/05, 07:40 PM
Bullitt Member

It's a coupe ! ! ! !

You'll have to memorize the article by John Clor to throw in peoples faces when they dis your car.
Even if you don't have a V8, it can still shut some people up.
Old 6/21/05, 10:51 AM
Post *****

which article is this?
Old 7/1/05, 03:34 AM

Originally posted by future9er24@June 21, 2005, 9:54 AM
which article is this?
got a new picture and better of the car guys...view!