The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Hall Of Fame Homepage (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f864/)
-   -   What did you do with your Mustang today? (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f864/what-did-you-do-your-mustang-today-503839/)

Vader99 1/31/13 08:01 PM

I replaced the rubber gasket on my gas tank where the filler neck tube goes in. Talk about a real PITA.

SVTCobraR315 2/1/13 06:52 PM

Drove it

wheelman 2/1/13 09:43 PM

Got my oil cooler installed

NinjaSteffers 2/2/13 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by SVTCobraR315 (Post 6544106)
Drove it

Same here lol

Boss 1409 2/2/13 03:02 AM

Originally Posted by NinjaSteffers (Post 6544314)

Same here lol

Thinking about a quick spin, have to drag myself out of bed and see what the weather is like.

Mustang Freak 2/2/13 04:37 AM

Was gonna get Miss Scarlett out for a drive to New Jersey and back today. The weather is calling for snow in the evening so much for that!!!

06blackvertstang 2/2/13 09:29 AM

Wichita swap meet. Hopefully I'll find something I can't live without. Even if it's a ford racing parts catalogue!

youngstang90 2/2/13 10:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Looked at her with tears in my eyes.....

I severed my thumb off on Wednesday...so I can't exactly drive her right now.

(Emergency surgery was performed, and they were able to reattach everything. Extensive nerve damage, and going to be a long and painful rehabilitation.) I'll be okay.

Boss 1409 2/2/13 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by youngstang90 (Post 6544533)

(Emergency surgery was performed, and they were able to reattach everything. Extensive nerve damage, and going to be a long and painful rehabilitation.) I'll be okay.

****, that sucks! Glad you are ok, at least you didn't lose it.

NinjaSteffers 2/2/13 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Boss 1409 (Post 6544365)

Thinking about a quick spin, have to drag myself out of bed and see what the weather is like.

There's a app for that :p

Originally Posted by youngstang90 (Post 6544533)

OMG! What the **** how did you do that??

youngstang90 2/2/13 01:48 PM

Working on my 65" DLP TV....crack in the mirror...went to replace it and it shattered on my hand. Mirror went through my hand.
Had to have complete reconstruction of my hand/thumb. Bones...bone sheath...tendons....nerves...tissue....no bueno.
They are saying in 2 months I'll be able to move my hand....a year or 2 before I'll feel everything again.
What sucks is that I'm a pianist, and they don't think I'll ever have 100% mobility again, so there goes that part of my life. :(

Boss 1409 2/2/13 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by NinjaSteffers (Post 6544623)

There's a app for that :p

OMG! What the **** how did you do that??

Haha, don't always trust the app! Did get to take her for a spin!

Originally Posted by youngstang90 (Post 6544689)
Working on my 65" DLP TV....crack in the mirror...went to replace it and it shattered on my hand. Mirror went through my hand.
Had to have complete reconstruction of my hand/thumb. Bones...bone sheath...tendons....nerves...tissue....no bueno.
They are saying in 2 months I'll be able to move my hand....a year or 2 before I'll feel everything again.
What sucks is that I'm a pianist, and they don't think I'll ever have 100% mobility again, so there goes that part of my life. :(

Sucks to hear, hope you have a quick recovery.

youngstang90 2/2/13 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Boss 1409 (Post 6544710)
Sucks to hear, hope you have a quick recovery.

Thank you.

Vader99 2/2/13 02:59 PM

Sorry to hear that. Being a musician/guitarist myself, I can't(don't want to) imagine what you're going through now and what recovery will be like. I hope you have a speedy recovery and are playing soon with full use of your hand.

Mr. V 2/2/13 03:07 PM

I hope they are wrong about your mobility. As someone with no talent that loves music, i can tell you that people like you with talent can always find a way to express that part of you.

youngstang90 2/2/13 03:49 PM

It has always been a huge fear of mine to damage my hands....didn't think this would ever happen....luckily I had a surgeon who is very very highly recommended and that makes me feel a lot better about it.

Mustang Freak 2/3/13 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by youngstang90 (Post 6544785)
It has always been a huge fear of mine to damage my hands....didn't think this would ever happen....luckily I had a surgeon who is very very highly recommended and that makes me feel a lot better about it.

Man I am so sorry to read about this!! I wish you a full recovery and my prayers are with you!!!

youngstang90 2/3/13 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak (Post 6545219)

Man I am so sorry to read about this!! I wish you a full recovery and my prayers are with you!!!

Thank you.

The support from all of y'all means a ton, thank you all for that!

06blackvertstang 2/4/13 07:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Got my strut mounts in. I'll ask here bc I can't get any answers on my thread.
For those of you who lowered, do I need to replace anything when I install my springs, shocks and struts, and strut mounts? I heard something about the boots being one time use only? I wasn't sure...

03DJ 2/4/13 08:11 PM

Drove it.