GT350

2017 GT350 Track Alignment / Alternate Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 12/4/17, 08:50 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 GT350 Track Alignment / Alternate Wheels

(1) I wanted to get my 2017 GT350 (not R) "Track Aligned" using the specs provided in the User's Manual Supplemental Flyer. I already purchased the Maximum Motor Sport Camber/Caster kit to accommodate this alternate alignment.

Does anyone have any experience (knowledge) about this track alignment?

I was told by someone at the Ford Performance Group that I could keep this track alignment full-time, but that it would cause some extra wear on the inner portion of the tires and more sensitive steering when used on the street. I can live with that considering the savings in wear on the track... I prefer not to alternate between the two alignments (street / track).

Also, is there a noticeable difference in performance and wear on the track with this alternate alignment?

(2) Is it true that I am only able to purchase the Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires as replacements for this vehicle? Will Michelin come out with sizes compatible for the Pilot Sport 4S and/or the Pilot Cup 2...?

Thanks.
Old 12/4/17, 05:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You will probably get more responses on Boss Mustangs Online.
Old 12/6/17, 06:18 PM
Banned

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
I use Steeda HD mounts which allow up to -2.5 camber. I've been running -2 deg in the front at all times for the last 2 years with no noticeable wear and ~4 track days per year. Tires wear more evenly at the events now.

Great upgrade, it will corner much much harder without understeer. I also did Steeda springs, PH bar and Comptetition adjustable front sway at the same time, and it make a huge difference. I can take clover ramps at north of 65mph with no fear, and I can't even remember what understeer feels like.