Limited Edition 50th

Looking to order a 50th Anniversary

Search this Thread

Old 8/18/14, 04:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking to order a 50th Anniversary

I went to my local Ford dealer and they told me they maybe able to get me one since they have many dealerships. They told me I would have to have a $20k deposit and they only charge a minimal $7,500 up charge over sticker. They said they have to charge it because Ford tells them it's the minimum up charge they have to charge.

I think this is BS I think the stelership is just looking to up charge the car and look like they have no choice in doing so

I know I'm late to the party but I would like to try and order one of these Mustangs.

Last edited by S2kpuddydad; 8/18/14 at 04:56 PM.
Old 8/18/14, 04:57 PM
GTR Member

May find some info here:

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...dition-531392/

Last edited by 89Trooper; 8/18/14 at 04:58 PM.
Old 8/18/14, 06:52 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Ford sets MSRP. Dealers set the mark-up. I believe all of the allocations have long since been set, so you will need to find a dealer that has not promised their allocations to buyers. I also think, once these start showing up on dealer lots, you might be able to find them, but likely will ask for more than MSRP. Good luck in your quest!
Old 8/18/14, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by S2kpuddydad
I went to my local Ford dealer and they told me they maybe able to get me one since they have many dealerships. They told me I would have to have a $20k deposit and they only charge a minimal $7,500 up charge over sticker. They said they have to charge it because Ford tells them it's the minimum up charge they have to charge.

I think this is BS I think the stelership is just looking to up charge the car and look like they have no choice in doing so

I know I'm late to the party but I would like to try and order one of these Mustangs.
I was in your shoes and found one dealer willing to sell it for sticker! I found a dealer in TX, Westway Ford and they're asking 2k over. Artesia Ford in NM is getting one and you may get it for sticker.
Old 8/19/14, 08:19 AM

Thanks guys, I hope to know something today. If I cant buy one I will most likely go for the 50th Anniversary appearance pkg. on a 5.0 GT.

I was just taken back by the BS I was told, that the $7,500 was a minimum mandatory over sticker charge dictated by Ford.
Old 8/19/14, 08:35 AM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
I was just taken back by the BS I was told, that the $7,500 was a minimum mandatory over sticker charge dictated by Ford.
That's enough reason to walk away, right there. That's pretty much telling lies to a prospective customer
Old 8/19/14, 08:37 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
"dictated by ford"...
Hilarious.
Then the package would be set at $7,500 more than it was.

How naïve do they think people are.
Old 8/19/14, 10:22 AM
Bullitt Member

Exactly, I would've been pissed and done a burnout as I left. Pearl white paint and chrome trim is not enough for an up charge, sorry.

Originally Posted by Twin Turbo
That's enough reason to walk away, right there. That's pretty much telling lies to a prospective customer
Old 8/19/14, 11:01 AM

I agree, I will not give my business to my local Ford dealer. I was driving the RidgeLine so a burnout is not going to happen lol but, if I was in the S
Old 8/20/14, 12:00 PM
V6 Member

I am sure that some of the senior management at Ford in Dearborn such as Steve Ling would appreciate that type of comment from one of their Ford dealers?

With comments such as the above it certainly makes it easy to walk away from that particular dealership.

I agree that you are a little late to the party but I also suggest that there are still some unsold Anniversary cars out there that can be had at sticker or close to it?

If you do come across a dealership that has an allocation they may have already placed their order and you may have to make a deal on the car based on the color and transmission of their choice and not your choice but at least you would have one of these great cars on the way?

Good Luck!
Old 8/20/14, 04:52 PM

Thanks guys, I'm on stand by waiting an answer
Old 8/21/14, 05:40 AM

Almost every new model from any manufacturer had an over list premium charge even the PT cruiser. I bought a 2010 Camaro they had a 2500 charge , they called it an availability charge, that was in June 2009 just after they were released I said thanks but no thanks and got up to walk out. they stopped me and dropped the charge. That may not work with the 50th model. as far as value increasing , who knows ? many cars came out with 50 anniversary models Camaro Firebird and Corvette just to mention a few , and thy don't seem to be anymore valuable now then a standard model
Old 8/21/14, 08:13 AM
V6 Member

"many cars came out with 50 anniversary models Camaro Firebird" ??? Umm..what?
Old 8/21/14, 09:04 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Clue
Since its seems difficult for you to comprehend, I'll try to illustrate his point a bit better. Home boy is saying that many car manufacturers have came out with "50th anniversary" models that had a big up charge, only to not hold their value any better than the standard model. These 50th anniversary packages are just gimmicks to get more money. They'll never be more "sought after". I will say though, he should have used punctuation in his paragraph to make it easier to read for you.
Old 8/21/14, 03:46 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by KushBandit
These 50th anniversary packages are just gimmicks to get more money. They'll never be more "sought after". I will say though, he should have used punctuation in his paragraph to make it easier to read for you.

Not sure what other 50th Anniversary package cars are out there but I really think that these cars are actually a good buy?

With the 50th Anniversary Limited Edition cars coming in at $46,995 I consider that to be a very fair price especially if you price out a 2015 Mustang GT Premium with all of the same options as the 50th Anniversary car such as GT Performance Package there is not much more than a $3500 difference from what I can tell.

In addition these will be the only 2015 Mustang GT models that can be ordered with the GT Performance Package and an automatic transmission which certainly will make this a unique combination on a GT car.

I suggest that these White and Blue 50th Anniversary Limited Edition Mustangs with all of the unique features such as the automatic transmission along with a dash panel badge with a sequence number along with numerous other unique features to the car are well priced as long as a person can purchase one at or near MSRP?

In the future these LE Anniversary cars will certainly hold their value much better than a standard Mustang GT especially if they are well taken car of and kept at a reasonable mileage.
Old 8/22/14, 02:32 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by KushBandit
Since its seems difficult for you to comprehend, I'll try to illustrate his point a bit better. Home boy is saying that many car manufacturers have came out with "50th anniversary" models that had a big up charge, only to not hold their value any better than the standard model. These 50th anniversary packages are just gimmicks to get more money. They'll never be more "sought after". I will say though, he should have used punctuation in his paragraph to make it easier to read for you.
What is difficult for me to comprehend is how a Camaro or Firebird had a 50th Anniversary model when they were released in 1967. I understand the point about anniversary models being "gimmicks" and not really being any more collectible just fine. Hard to compare how collectible a 50th anniversary Camaro is since it's still 3 years away.
The 2003 Corvettes don't seem to really be holding any more value than other similar Vettes.

Last edited by Clue; 8/22/14 at 02:37 PM.
Old 8/23/14, 11:42 AM

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271578730947

Seems that Dealers will get way more than MSRP for the Anniversary Edition.

Last edited by boostednomore; 8/23/14 at 11:43 AM.
Old 8/23/14, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Clue
Sorry my mistake 35 yr 50yr for the Vette in 1994
Old 8/23/14, 06:09 PM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Let's not forget there is a 20th, 25th, 35th, 40th, & 45th anniversary mustang. So a 50th anniversary mustang doesn't seem so unique (they come out about every 5 years). Another 5ys, another badge.
Old 8/23/14, 06:13 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,174 Likes on 1,621 Posts
Originally Posted by skramblr
Let's not forget there is a 20th, 25th, 35th, 40th, & 45th anniversary mustang. So a 50th anniversary mustang doesn't seem so unique (they come out about every 5 years). Another 5ys, another badge.
A badge? We don't need no stinking badges!!! :-)

Quick Reply: Looking to order a 50th Anniversary