GT

Sync3 update to 2.2 is out

Search this Thread

Old 5/11/17, 05:23 AM
GT Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
I updated mine last week with the official Ford update. I did not have an issue with the update itself. I have noticed the system has a bit more lag though. When I press the volume up or down with the steering wheel it reacts very slow. Other than that I haven't found anything else although I haven't driven the car much.
Old 5/11/17, 09:37 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by 16FASTBACK
shouldn't be any issues its a Ford update
Lol good one
Old 5/16/17, 09:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EastTNMustang
Any update? How'd the install work for you?
Update went very well,only hitch was it took awhile for the Nav to update/load .took about 20 min.
Old 5/23/17, 10:30 AM

My car did not update via WIFI despite being connected so I called Ford Customer Support who said it could take up to 30 days. I therefore updated via USB on a MacBook which did not work as the unzip function does not provide the required file structure. Extracting the files on a PC did work, but the update did not show in SETTINGS for almost 30 minutes following several ignition start/stop cycles. Finally, when I plugged the USB back into my PC to report the update, the system said my update had failed. Since it now reports ver 2.2 and appears to work I'm just going to ignore that information. Customer Support did say you could perform a module reset by holding the radio power and radio forward seek buttons simultaneously. This is much easier than a MASTER RESET which requires the car to be stopped.
Old 5/25/17, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by MustangTurbo2016
My car did not update via WIFI despite being connected so I called Ford Customer Support who said it could take up to 30 days. I therefore updated via USB on a MacBook which did not work as the unzip function does not provide the required file structure. <snip> This is much easier than a MASTER RESET which requires the car to be stopped.
I had the same problem on the Mac and contacted SYNC Chat who gave me mostly good information. The main thing is that you need to use STUFFIT EXPANDER to extract files on a Mac. When you do that it creates a "SyncMyRide" folder inside which it places the update files. I went back and looked at what happened with the built in unzip and instead of creating a folder, it renames each item to start with SyncMyRide/ so you end up with:

instead of:

What I am curious about is the difference between the official versions of the software and those that have been floating around for a while. My vehicle has the Navigation and the Ford site offered me the 1.73GB HN1T-14G381-SA.zip which has been floating around as the "Non-nav" version next to the 2.23GB HN1T-14G381-SA.zip version. Both have the exact same name, but the files are quite different. Inside the 2.23GB version you get:

I installed the official version downloaded from Ford, and after getting the files extracted correctly, was able to get the vehicle updated. I've seen some updates where the vehicle reboots immediately, but mine did not seem to do that. Maybe I did not leave it long enough, but I did get the "remove USB" message. I then waited 10-15 mins and did the master reset and everything seems fine. I am just waiting for the USB module to arrive now. Ordered it from a Ford dealer in Ohio who sells them on eBay ($67 with "free" fast shipping). Other sites I looked at were $55-$57 with $10-15 shipping and tax, and longer shipping times.

I am curious to hear from anyone who used the 2.23GB Nav update on what they observed. I assume trying to install that one over the latest is not going to work. Last thing I need to do is Brick the system just before a road trip!
        Old 6/2/17, 06:52 AM
        GT Member

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
        Can one just go to their dealer and have the up date installed. Sounds complicated to me, I'm more likely to screw something up.
        Old 6/24/17, 05:06 PM

Sync 3 update issue

I downloaded the update on a USB drive then plugged it in to the main USB port and "updating system software" was displayed on the screen. I've left the car running for an hour now and nothing has changed. Anyone know what the problem and solution could be?
        Old 6/25/17, 07:24 AM
        GT Member

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
        Contacted my dealer and for $65 they will up date the sync3. When plugging my VIN. into the Ford site it says I'm up to date but my car shows I have 2.0. Tried to update at home but can't get the car close enough to my home wifi and a wifi boost from Best Buy is $90 guess ill go to the dealer.