GT

Sirius/XM loses signal

Search this Thread

Old 4/26/17, 01:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sirius/XM loses signal

All,

I have a 2016 GT Convertible that I found as a leftover. I got the car new and it arrived at my home 14 days ago. I find that as I am driving along, the Sirius/XM radio loses its signal... sometime just a stutter, other times for seconds at a time and I get a message on the screen that says "Acquiring Signal". Dealer reset the radio, but couldn't find anything wrong with it. The tech did ask if it was losing the signal by cell towers, but my other cars had no problems on the same roads that I now drive in the Mustang.

Any thoughts?

Gregg
Old 4/27/17, 07:00 AM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
I have had XM for a long time in my cars. On a cloudy day it will do what you are experiencing. In different states the single is not as strong. I live in Florida and in the rain and cloudy days it does that.
Old 4/27/17, 07:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I live in Florida as well. I drive 95 and the turnpike from Pembroke Pines / Hollywood area to Boca Raton every day. On a bright sunny day or clear night, I will lose signal, even sitting in my driveway. The other two cars I have, a 2013 Chrysler Town and Country and a 2013 VW Jetta Hybrid, do not have this problem on the same drive.
Old 4/30/17, 06:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
I don't know if this is relevant, but I had an aftermarket SiriusXM system, and I had to bring it back to the stereo shop for the same problem. The solution involved the installation of a strain relief on the antenna connection. Perhaps your car needs that as well.