GT

Red nail varnish!

Search this Thread

Old 10/1/18, 11:57 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Red nail varnish!

So I'm at my local watering hole.... doing what we do .....chasing up some skirt.
two guys come in and demand to see my nails.....looking for red nail varnish?.... turns out they drive the chevy lumina and
they feel the mustang GT is a bit fem?

My car car is quite stock looking , what do you guys suggest to beef it up a little and give it some more attitude with out going over the top?
i have black wheels and a black grill pony and resonator is out.

im concerned the red neck chevy guys think the GT is a bit gay....
Old 10/1/18, 12:48 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,153 Likes on 841 Posts
I don't think I'd worry about someone eles's opinion, especially a Lumina driver's opinion. I think they saw the GT and were looking to hookup with you and were disappointed you didn't have the nail polish.
The following users liked this post:
captain greg (10/1/18)
Old 10/1/18, 04:17 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,171 Likes on 1,619 Posts
Old 10/2/18, 06:06 PM
Banned

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
Hope you showed them just one nail. On the middle finger.
Old 10/2/18, 06:21 PM
GT Member

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
One of the few advantages of being old is I don't give a rip what other people say. Of course I'd trade that for being young enough to chase skirt again.......
wanted33 (10/6/18)
Old 10/2/18, 07:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts
Most of the time comments like that are because they're jealous that they "can't afford" something like that, and feel the need to try to knock others down. If there were women in earshot, they were most likely just trying to make themselves look better in front of them because they probably felt threatened by you.

The only car where that wouldn't be true is the Prius. Cause would you go out of your way to make a comment like that to someone who drives a Lumina, Civic, or Dodge Avenger? No, cause you don't care.
Old 10/5/18, 09:34 AM
V6 Member

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Stupid comments. I wouldn't start looking to beef up an already fantastic looking car. I'm very much a fan of the clean look with this car. I know Mustangs are one of the most modified cars but that's doesn't mean you have too. I feel that people who have Mustangs in the UK can't wait to modify them, almost like a standard car isn't good enough.
captain greg (10/11/18)
Old 10/11/18, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
who is the troll, with respect I drive the mustang I drive it hard, .....it's my first American car and I love it I just get pissed off with a certain segment who seem to criticize the thing, she is a big girl it does not handle very well and it's not made like a German or a British sports car, its tinny its big and my god it's just a hoot to drive.

in SA we can't get a camaro in right hand drive, I think the shape of that car is nice but these tosssers who drive luminas are a work of art, a lumina is a nice car if you have kids ....or a fat wife IMO

the mustand in my opinion is not trying to be something it's not
its grown on me big time, unfortunate the race red does stand out a bit
Old 10/11/18, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Marco_GT
Stupid comments. I wouldn't start looking to beef up an already fantastic looking car. I'm very much a fan of the clean look with this car. I know Mustangs are one of the most modified cars but that's doesn't mean you have too. I feel that people who have Mustangs in the UK can't wait to modify them, almost like a standard car isn't good enough.
my car is very quite despite removing the resonater box and me building a H pipe for it, on here there are pics I posted , I am thinking of putting some rocker stripes on the sides to break it up a bit
I have the black wheels now and the black pony on the grill but it's still a bit ....bland I look at all the pics on the net and will make some personal changes
I think it's a type of car we want it to get old and get character...? Unlike a Merc or BMW that you need to replace every year due to changes
i notice the USA cars have a brace over the engine onto the shocks is that standard?
Old 10/11/18, 12:42 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,171 Likes on 1,619 Posts
I can't imagine ANYONE WHO HAS A PULSE choosing a Lumina over a Mustang ever! That's why I thought someone was trolling.
Old 10/11/18, 01:05 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by captain greg
i notice the USA cars have a brace over the engine onto the shocks is that standard?
Some Mustangs come with the strut tower brace, some don't. Mine didn't, so I installed one myself. It's a simple job, just nuts and bolts, though a torque wrench is recommended.

As for the comments from other guys, who cares? Girls love the way my car looks, so that's all that matters.
captain greg (10/16/18)
Old 10/11/18, 02:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
WRT The Torque Wrench on strut tower brace nuts:

BE CAREFUL. There is mention in a thread or two about twisting off the stud at recommended torque, and it's "not an easy fix".
Old 10/16/18, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Sarge
Some Mustangs come with the strut tower brace, some don't. Mine didn't, so I installed one myself. It's a simple job, just nuts and bolts, though a torque wrench is recommended.

does the brace do anything for the handling?
i have this brace in my Aston it's also bolted back to the firewall and the guys at Aston say it's a must in that perticular car it can be seen through the hood vents its kinda cool
in the mustang it will not add any visible value?