GT

Question on Wheel Spacers

Search this Thread

Old 3/8/17, 07:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question on Wheel Spacers

Hi everyone.

So I am moving along on my mods checklist, and I am getting my newest mod in two days (MMD V spoiler). I've lowered my car by 1 inch, and now would love to have the look of the wider stance with a set of wheel spacers, probably the 20MM Eichbachs, as I am not looking to get the tires outside the body frame, but rather flushed with it, and in pictures I've seen the 25MM reach just outside the body. Regardless, I've read quite a bit about wheel spacers and I am still undecided on whether I should pull the plug on this or not, as I've read many articles on how they are not safe, and many more on how, if properly installed, they'll be just as safe as if no wheel spacers are in place. My question to those who has them installed, and I am looking for an unbiased answer, what are your thoughts? I really want that wide stance look, but don't want to risk damaging anything in the car, especially when I step on it. Also, I am not clear on whether or not they have to retorqued after XX miles. Do they?

For reference, I have a 2017 GT with the Performance Package.

I'd appreciate any feedback guys.

Thank you!