Instrument cluster swap from an 18 to a 15. - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

Instrument cluster swap from an 18 to a 15.

Old 11/13/17, 08:53 AM   #1

Instrument cluster swap from an 18 to a 15.

Is it possible to swap out a new 18 instrument cluster into a 15 GT? Either the new analog gauge or the new 12 inch digital gauge?
Hellrungm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join The Mustang Source

Join TheMustangSource.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Mustang fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Mustang Fans to meet online.
Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your stang, and have a great time with other Ford Mustang fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Mustang you'll find that TheMustangSource.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TheMustangSource.com Today! - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Old 11/13/17, 01:17 PM   #2
The Prodigal Son Returns
TMS Staff

No one that I know of has tried, here or on other forums.

The general consensus is analogs would probably work, but why would you want to? And, that the digital may work, depending on how much of the smarts are built into the cluster itself.

Either way, much like swapping in the GT350 cluster, there may be some programming via Forscan that would need to be done to make it fully work.
JeffreyDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/13/17, 04:17 PM   #3

Thanks for your reply. The cluster in the 15 was very standard and should have had more options. The new analogs should have the my color halo rings added and a new digital speedometer in the middle.
Im debating on which cluster I would like to add. If I do pick up one you said a forscan for setting up the gauge inner computer. Who should I go to? The dealership thatís near said they donít do that there.
Thanks for all of your help.
Hellrungm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/13/17, 10:52 PM   #4
The Prodigal Son Returns
TMS Staff

On the digital, no clue yet. If it is determined to be possible, I'd be in on that

For the GT350 cluster you have to reprogram the mileage, and if I remember correctly maybe even some of the warning lights. I'd have to google, but I think MyColor didn't work afterward either.
Old 11/16/17, 01:56 PM   #5
The Prodigal Son Returns
TMS Staff

FYI - someone was able to find the wiring diagrams for the existing 15-17 cluster vs the new all digital and they were the same connectors and pins. So, now we just need to know what, if anything, will need to be changed.

e.g. for Autos will the A10 make a difference, were drive modes tweaked, etc.