GT

Hurst Competition plus shifter question

Search this Thread

Old 6/30/18, 10:25 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
Hurst Competition plus shifter question

I put my deposit down for a 2019 GT Premium and was wondering if anyone has put in a Hurst Competition plus aftermarket shifter in their car yet? I have one now in my 05 and wanted to see how people like theirs. Hurst doesn't have the 2019 model listed yet but I assume that there is little to no difference between the 2018 and 2019 models.
Old 8/3/18, 01:46 PM
GT Member

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
I was looking for a shifter for my 2017 GT and was interested in the Hurst comp plus. after doing some checking I found more poor ratings than good. Not to say it doesn't work well in your 05. I went with the Barton flat stick shifter trans mount and am glad I did. Its an all day install but worth it.
The following users liked this post:
area5179 (8/3/18)
Old 8/3/18, 04:38 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by motor12
I was looking for a shifter for my 2017 GT and was interested in the Hurst comp plus. after doing some checking I found more poor ratings than good. Not to say it doesn't work well in your 05. I went with the Barton flat stick shifter trans mount and am glad I did. Its an all day install but worth it.
Yeah the Hurst I have now may have given up the ghost after 15 years. I will be getting the Barton shifter and Whiteline transmission mount insert for my 2019 GT and I'll be doing the trans mount as well. I know many people on this forum have been less than impressed with Hurst products in the recent past so that's why I'm going with the Barton.
Attached Thumbnails Hurst Competition plus shifter question-barton.jpg   Hurst Competition plus shifter question-whiteline.jpg