GT

Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 7/26/15, 02:48 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Exhaust

So, I've my 2015 GT for almost a week now and I love it! My only problem with her is that she is so quiet. I've looked at countless videos, but I'm still not sure which one to go with. Any suggestions? What do people have in their '15s? Are you happy with it?
Thanks!
Old 7/26/15, 03:59 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 775 Likes on 566 Posts
What is your budget?
Old 7/26/15, 04:05 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Exhaust

What kind of sound you looking for? I have flowmaster pro series on my 13 it's a deep sound with no popping
Old 7/26/15, 04:32 AM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I put on a Ford Racing Xpipe first. Great improvement, but wanted more. So on went a set of Roush axel backs....bam! She's a head turner now. I smoked checked a beamer the other day....not hard...haha! Hey, he wanted to play. Anyways when he caught up to me at the next light he had me roll down my window. He couldn't convey to me enough how awesome it sounds. Keep it below 2k RPM so not to **** of yer neighbors though.
Old 7/26/15, 05:35 AM
Bullitt Member

I just traded in my '14 V6 which had roush axel backs (which I loved), but when I added the ford racing xpipe, I did not like the sound - there was too much rattling and drone under 1500 rpm. But that was a V6, and I am not sure how the V8 would be. I don't have a budget in mind really, I want to do things right. I want a mean, low rumble.
Old 7/26/15, 06:04 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I have the Corsa Extreme catback. Sounds good but fitment needed a little work unfortunately.
Old 8/1/15, 07:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am glad I followed my experience and bought the mid muffler system from Bassini they call it the X-muffler. Sounds terrific, deep, smooth, no rasp, no high pitch sounds. Nice snarl on full throttle.
Old 8/9/15, 03:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Personally, of all the sounds clips I heard, I'm digging the Roush axle backs and the Bassini.
Old 8/14/15, 10:47 AM
V6 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have been looking into exhaust systems too. I watched/listened to a video for Borla, and I really liked the Touring or S Type. However, I have talked to several people who have the Roush axle-back and love it. I don't want mine to sound like I'm drag racing. :-) I chatted with a guy from American Muscle, and his personal favorite is the Borla's. From all of my research, the top three are Borla, Roush and Bassani.
Old 8/16/15, 09:02 PM

The Roush is the way to go. I had it on my 2014 V6 and boy it sounded great. It sounded better than my dad's 2011 5.0 with Bassani.
Old 8/26/15, 12:42 AM

http://www.cjponyparts.com/mrt-reson...-2016/p/HPMR1/

I just did the Mrt H-pipe install. It removes the resonator on the car.
Just a small improvement at idle, much better when you punch it.
I kept the stock mufflers
Old 8/26/15, 05:21 AM
GT Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
I've always been partial to Borla. My '14 sounded sooooo good! It would turn heads and I always got compliments everywhere I went. It sounded especially good combined with Stainless Works LT headers.
Old 8/26/15, 02:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by skistoy
http://www.cjponyparts.com/mrt-reson...-2016/p/HPMR1/ I just did the Mrt H-pipe install. It removes the resonator on the car. Just a small improvement at idle, much better when you punch it. I kept the stock mufflers
Funny, I've been looking at this as well. Did you do the install? You don't by any chance have a video clip?
Old 8/26/15, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by tony2014mustang
Funny, I've been looking at this as well. Did you do the install? You don't by any chance have a video clip?
I did do it myself, not hard but you do want a second set of hands.
I basically just followed the CJPony video, if fact had the laptop out with me when we did it. After cutting resenator off, it's just clamps and hangers putting it back together. Sounds alittle better at idle, much better when you step on the gas. This is what I wanted, better performance when I want to go. Sorry no video
Old 8/28/15, 12:56 PM
Bullitt Member

I did do it myself, not hard but you do want a second set of hands. I basically just followed the CJPony video, if fact had the laptop out with me when we did it. After cutting resenator off, it's just clamps and hangers putting it back together. Sounds alittle better at idle, much better when you step on the gas. This is what I wanted, better performance when I want to go. Sorry no video
How long have you had this set up? Are you wishing for more sound at all? My last Mustang was loud (roush with ford racing x-pipe), and I know I don't want that again. After watching the clip from CJ PONY parts over and over, I'm not sure if I will want more or not. I've heard of people going through a few systems until they found what they really wanted......my wife is awesome, but I'm not going there!
Old 8/28/15, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by tony2014mustang
How long have you had this set up? Are you wishing for more sound at all? My last Mustang was loud (roush with ford racing x-pipe), and I know I don't want that again. After watching the clip from CJ PONY parts over and over, I'm not sure if I will want more or not. I've heard of people going through a few systems until they found what they really wanted......my wife is awesome, but I'm not going there!

Only have had this set about a week or so. So far I love it . Just a little louder at idle, more like the older mustangs. Louder when on the gas but not annoying. I liked this set up because i still kept the stock mufflers, and that's why it's not too loud. But If I want more sound later, I can jusr upgrade the mufflers. For a couple hundred bucks, better sound, less weight, better performance.
Old 8/28/15, 06:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Only have had this set about a week or so. So far I love it . Just a little louder at idle, more like the older mustangs. Louder when on the gas but not annoying. I liked this set up because i still kept the stock mufflers, and that's why it's not too loud. But If I want more sound later, I can jusr upgrade the mufflers. For a couple hundred bucks, better sound, less weight, better performance.
Awesome, thanks again!
Old 9/6/15, 04:01 PM

Magnaflow comp

Just upgrades to these mufflers, 5". With Magnaflow tips and the guys at West Coast here in my area also did a x pipe all for 650. I am very happy with it. Thought it might be too loud before it was completed, but knew right away, it's perfect for me.

Last edited by earl610; 9/6/15 at 05:23 PM.
Old 9/27/15, 01:49 PM

Get Corsa
Old 9/27/15, 04:50 PM
Bullitt Member

I have had my Magnaflows on for a few weeks...couldn't be happier! I was at a car show today and got a ton of compliments. Old muscle car sound at start up, pretty tame when cruising, and nice sound again when you step on it!

Quick Reply: Exhaust