GT

Did you buy new tires yet?

Search this Thread

Old 7/18/17 | 03:59 PM
V6 Member

Did you buy new tires yet?

My 2015 GT seems to handle a little funny in that it follows ruts in the road like no other car I've ever driven. Even driving slowly in traffic it seems to get yanked all over the road unless it is flat pavement. I've read about "tramlining" on tirerack.com, and am wondering if the stock Pirellis are causing this problem? The car's been aligned at the dealership at least twice and only has 12,000 miles. Tires are wearing evenly.

Anyone have this problem, and/or bought new tires and have any input on either my handling issue, or new tire likes/don't likes?

Thanks
Old 7/18/17 | 10:55 PM
Cobra R Member

Many summer tires will exhibit this. It's just the nature of the beast.
Old 7/19/17 | 10:58 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by colt breaker
My 2015 GT seems to handle a little funny in that it follows ruts in the road like no other car I've ever driven. Even driving slowly in traffic it seems to get yanked all over the road unless it is flat pavement. I've read about "tramlining" on tirerack.com, and am wondering if the stock Pirellis are causing this problem? The car's been aligned at the dealership at least twice and only has 12,000 miles. Tires are wearing evenly.

Anyone have this problem, and/or bought new tires and have any input on either my handling issue, or new tire likes/don't likes?

Thanks
Mine does the same, I have just over 12K on them and I think another 3-5K miles they'll need to be replaced.
Old 7/19/17 | 11:46 AM

For replacement tires on my '09 I went with Conti all season, the DWS o6. I live in western Oregon, where it's rumored to rain a bit. Quite happy with my choice. I don't do any track driving. If I did, I'd probably go with an extra set of wheels with sticky stuff mounted on them.
Old 7/19/17 | 04:33 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by pwd72s
For replacement tires on my '09 I went with Conti all season, the DWS o6. I live in western Oregon, where it's rumored to rain a bit. Quite happy with my choice. I don't do any track driving. If I did, I'd probably go with an extra set of wheels with sticky stuff mounted on them.
Thanks for the reply!
I saw the DWS 06 on tire rack and was thinking to go with them or the Micheline Pilot Sport A/S 3+.
Old 7/20/17 | 06:07 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Check out discount tire. They price match and I like their customer service.
The following users liked this post:
rider (7/21/17)