GT

COTUS System

Search this Thread

Old 5/16/15, 04:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
COTUS System

Hello all:

I just wanted to ask some of you about the COTUS website. I know it is a topic that may have been addressed several times before, but I cannot help my excitement for the order.

1. Have people found this site to be accurate?

2. What is the difference between www.cotus.ford.com & wwwqa.cotus.ford.com? (what is the "qa"? - my order only shows up on this site.)

3. I had an EDD of June 10th, and it disappeared on me. What happened?

4. My salesperson told me my mustang was already built, but COTUS has it sitting in "order processing"?

5. Why is the space for "Dealer Details:" empty?

If anyone can answer any of these, it would be greatly appreciated. I am waiting to hear back from FordService and wanted to hear about other people's experiences with the site and factory orders in general.

Cheers
Old 5/16/15, 09:50 PM

James..well..I ordered mine on 2/19 and I was told 6 weeks by the dealer. It was completed on 3/30. There it sat in cotus "awaiting shipment " until last tuesday. Then it shows a estimate delivery of 5/31. Patience is the key here. Hope that helps
Old 5/16/15, 10:51 PM
V6 Member

Hello and welcome. Congrats on your order!

I will answer as much about this as I can from my experience with the websites.

1. The website can be very accurate in the early stages of production, but after the build, it varies a lot. Your best bet on information at any time is Deysha. (FordService)

2. There are actually 4 order tracking websites (that I know of) and they seem to all be about the same. I never used the wwwqa.cotus.ford.com site, as I read that it was to track convertible orders only and I did not order a vert. Maybe this is why yours is showing up only on this site.

3. See my response to question #1. While I was awaiting (impatiently) on my order, I had a build date, then EDD. It got close to the EDD date and then it disappeared. Deysha was able to get the information for me even when cotus was showing no movement.

4. There is a chance that your car is already built, but it could also be bad information from the salesperson. Since you are just posting today, you will likely hear from FordService on Monday or Tuesday, and the information she provides will be quite reliable.

5. This one I can not answer properly for you. I never trackes my order on the wwwqa site, so maybe it is just that site where it shows like that.

The order tracking websites are not reliable sources for information as it changes all the time. They even go down from time to time or say they can not locate your order. Do not let this worry you though, as the sites are still in the development stages. I am sure that over time, they will get better with the information given and slowly become more and more accurate as they iron out the details and systems.
Old 5/17/15, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by KStev
Hello and welcome. Congrats on your order!

I will answer as much about this as I can from my experience with the websites.

1. The website can be very accurate in the early stages of production, but after the build, it varies a lot. Your best bet on information at any time is Deysha. (FordService)

2. There are actually 4 order tracking websites (that I know of) and they seem to all be about the same. I never used the wwwqa.cotus.ford.com site, as I read that it was to track convertible orders only and I did not order a vert. Maybe this is why yours is showing up only on this site.

3. See my response to question #1. While I was awaiting (impatiently) on my order, I had a build date, then EDD. It got close to the EDD date and then it disappeared. Deysha was able to get the information for me even when cotus was showing no movement.

4. There is a chance that your car is already built, but it could also be bad information from the salesperson. Since you are just posting today, you will likely hear from FordService on Monday or Tuesday, and the information she provides will be quite reliable.

5. This one I can not answer properly for you. I never trackes my order on the wwwqa site, so maybe it is just that site where it shows like that.

The order tracking websites are not reliable sources for information as it changes all the time. They even go down from time to time or say they can not locate your order. Do not let this worry you though, as the sites are still in the development stages. I am sure that over time, they will get better with the information given and slowly become more and more accurate as they iron out the details and systems.
KStev, thanks for all the info and for trying to answer all the questions, it was very helpful indeed. I did go ahead and contact the FordService rep Deysha, hope to hear back soon.

I was able to use the regular site (without "qa"), but it shows almost nothing there as well compared to other posts I have seen... I feel like this site doesn't work too well for Canadian orders. I am also hoping that my salesperson isn't giving me bad info. Guess I'll play the (impatient) waiting game.

Thanks for the information!

Originally Posted by mstray66
James..well..I ordered mine on 2/19 and I was told 6 weeks by the dealer. It was completed on 3/30. There it sat in cotus "awaiting shipment " until last tuesday. Then it shows a estimate delivery of 5/31. Patience is the key here. Hope that helps
mstray66, I see you got stuck as well, but you seem to have gotten much further than I have, I don't have an EDD and it has been sitting in "order processing" while I try to contact people. You are 100% correct about patience being the key, it is a lot harder when you're very impatient

Thanks for sharing your experience!

Reference on my status (or lack thereof):
Attached Images  
Old 11/16/15, 12:51 AM
Cobra Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
is there a canadian site for this tool?
Old 11/20/15, 12:45 PM

You can contact Ford Service via Twitter as well for order details.