GT

Brake squeal 2015 GT WITH Performance Package

Search this Thread

Old 3/25/16, 05:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brake squeal 2015 GT WITH Performance Package

I bought a 2015 GT with the performance package back in November. It had less than 1000 miles on it when I bought it, I now have just over 4600 miles on the car and it has started the dreaded brake squeal a while back. I just took it in to the dealer this week to have them fix the problem cause I can't stand to listen to it any more, and they just came back to me today and told me that the bigger Brembo brakes are not covered under the TSB and that's there is no fix for it. They say it's normal for them to make noise, but they should not be making this much noise for how new the car is. Has anyone else had the issues with the performance pack Brembo brakes and if so, does anyone know of a fix?
Old 3/25/16, 06:50 PM
Banned

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
Originally Posted by drumstix5001
I bought a 2015 GT with the performance package back in November. It had less than 1000 miles on it when I bought it, I now have just over 4600 miles on the car and it has started the dreaded brake squeal a while back. I just took it in to the dealer this week to have them fix the problem cause I can't stand to listen to it any more, and they just came back to me today and told me that the bigger Brembo brakes are not covered under the TSB and that's there is no fix for it. They say it's normal for them to make noise, but they should not be making this much noise for how new the car is. Has anyone else had the issues with the performance pack Brembo brakes and if so, does anyone know of a fix?
Get ceramic pads if Ford won't replace them. Big brakes are made for performance driving, and the brakes never get up to operating temp on the street. So the long term solution is different pads. Less grip, less temp resistance, but also less noise.

Last edited by 5.M0NSTER; 3/25/16 at 06:51 PM.
Old 3/25/16, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER
Get ceramic pads if Ford won't replace them. Big brakes are made for performance driving, and the brakes never get up to operating temp on the street. So the long term solution is different pads. Less grip, less temp resistance, but also less noise.
Makes sense, might have to look into those.
Old 3/27/16, 09:24 PM
GT Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I put Hawk ceramic pads on mine....it wasn't making any noise, needed new pads and the ceramics give off a lot less dust...check Rock Auto and Auto Anything for some good prices.
Old 3/29/16, 09:11 AM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by BaknBlk
I put Hawk ceramic pads on mine....it wasn't making any noise, needed new pads and the ceramics give off a lot less dust...check Rock Auto and Auto Anything for some good prices.
Hawk ceramic pads for the Performance Package Brembos? I've been looking for something like these or the Hawk HPS 5.0 pads but they're not available for the 6-piston Brembos. At least they weren't as of recently. Mine are squealing bad and it's driving me crazy.
Old 3/30/16, 09:11 AM

Carbotecs is the way to go!
Old 3/30/16, 05:27 PM
Banned

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
Originally Posted by wine79
Carbotecs is the way to go!
Which one? 1521? I love their stuff for the track, but I think anything other than 1521 compound would squeal.
Old 4/8/16, 01:52 PM

I've had this same squeal for about a month, month and a half now, although I purchased my 2015 GT PP in June 2015. At 9,500 +/- miles the squeal started and happens when at low speeds coming to a soft stop. Doesn't matter if it's been sitting over night, or if I've been driving it throughout stop and go traffic.

Took it to the dealer a week ago and was told I had a "heat spot" on the passenger front rotor, and said it wasn't covered under the Ford warranty and that they could re-turn the rotor for a $150. Upon challenging their stance that it wasn't covered under any warranty they came back and said the brakes were covered for 1 year or 12K miles, which I'm under on both.

When the dealer claimed it was a heat spot they also implied that it was a result of my aggressively driving and braking the car. While I realize drivers of this car can come with certain assumptions, in this case their assumption was dead wrong.

They turned the rotor, so the paperwork says, but the minute I drove off the lot the loud squeal was still ever present. Can't be sure they did anything at all, other than mark up the paperwork.

Taking it back in next week to have this issue reevaluated.
Old 4/8/16, 02:24 PM

UPDATE: I came here looking for a fix to this issue on my 2015 GT PP. After posting, I went outside the city and found a nice smooth road with a high speed limit late at night. Did at least 20 emergency stops from about 80 miles an hour. Never came to a dead halt, to prevent imprinting the rotors or anything. just 80 down to about 10 mph, then as fast as I could get back up to 80. Repeat rapid fire, a few dozen times. Hasn't squeaked since then, about 2 months now. If it starts back up, I'll just do that again.