GT

Automatic transmission shifter

Search this Thread

Old 4/11/17, 07:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Automatic transmission shifter

Saludos, there is an automatic transmission shiffter alternative on american muscle made by white madness . Has anybody installed that yet? Looks retro and a lot better than the oem. Never mind,found a video on youtube and it is simple easy to install.

Last edited by Molongo; 4/11/17 at 07:55 AM.
Old 4/19/17, 05:48 AM

Saludos, received the shifter in the mail yesterday. Installation went on easy except that one of the supplied screws did not have any threads so have to use the oems.
Old 4/19/17, 04:27 PM

Thanks for taking the time to post your follow up. As a customer of American Muscle (who might have been your supplier) I sure hope they get on their vendor for better QC. These days, with many companies struggling to be successful, I rarely experience that kind of mistake. Knock on wood. 🤞
Old 4/19/17, 06:08 PM

Kenhiraihn thanks l, yes American Muscle was the supplier and I sent them immediately an email with my finding. Hopefully they should take care of that flaw and correct it so it won't happen again. One thing I like to emphasize is to cover the area during installation so no screws or anything else could fall down into the transmission. The oems screws are ferromagnetic and could be recovered with a telescopic magnet but the ones in the white Madness kit are not.

Last edited by Molongo; 4/19/17 at 06:25 PM.
Old 4/19/17, 10:21 PM

Thanks for the tip. I have a shifter on my wishlist with AM and already lost a battery cover fastener somewhere in the engine compartment. 😡. Btw, I have hood struts on my GT. They were fairly easy to install. The holes in the strut bracket that came with the kit didn't quite line up wth existing holes in the body. A high speed grinder took care of that.