GT

Audio Questions : Newbie to site

Old 7/2/17, 06:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Audio Questions : Newbie to site

Hi all

Im planning to do a few mods to the stock "shaker" audio system in my 2016 GT, please let me know your thoughts or if you have any advice. Apologies if there are a lot of questions...its my first mustang.

Head unit/source:
Does anyone know how this is connected to the amplifier? Is it the generic RCA outputs into the amp? or are there special adaptors found in some manufacturers wiring?
If there are RCA outposts, I was planning to leave the HU as stock and just upgrade the rest.

Amplifier:
Where is this located?
does this power all the speakers or only the subwoofer ?

Speakers:
I was planning to remove/disconnect all stock speakers and replace with Hertz 6.5" Component set through an small amplifier (provided the HU has RCA output for mid-high range).

Subwoofer:
Does anyone know the detail/spec of the sub? it looks like an 8" sub with a larger housing...I may be wrong. But again, if I can get a small class D amp, I will upgrade the sub to RF/ JL or MTX.

Any advise will be appreciated
Old 7/6/17, 12:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amp pictorial diagram

Old 7/6/17, 12:10 PM

Thanks Molongo
This diagram shows the amp that powers the speakers in the cabin, what about the Amp for the Sub?
Old 7/6/17, 12:14 PM

Speakers

The oem tweeters are wired in parallel with the 3" Midrange and
​​have a dc resistance of 3.2 so they should be 4 ohms not 8 ohms as it was mentioned on another forum, the other 2 speakers (china made) in the doors 6.5" 35 watts and 3" 25 watts are both 2 ohms which is written on the label. So the amp is stable at 2 ohms. The center dash speaker is rated 2 ohms 25 watt. Hope this will help.
Old 7/7/17, 09:19 PM

hi all, new to the forum. Just purchased a 17 GT with the Shaker audio and am very disappointed in the sound. is there a hidden secret as to more bass? I've adjusted balance and fade and still not happy. Im not looking to spend a lot to remedy the sound since I paid for premium to begin with. I actually thought someone might have removed the sub, when I drove home, since there was no decent bass. I don't know much about audio but I do know what I like to hear.
Thanks for your help
Old 7/7/17, 10:05 PM

Hi Hildago,have you checked to see if your sub is working?

The Shaker sub does not provide extreme bass, But is good enough to match the stock speaker system. I have to crank up the volume to 3/4 to get a nice sound from the stock system.

It does depend on your definition of "Not enough bass"...
Old 10/14/17, 11:49 PM

I also have a 2017 GT and I am satisfied with the Shaker sound but I was also wondering where the subwoofer and its amp are located are located

Search this Thread