GT

2015 GT CAI Opinions??

Search this Thread

Old 10/26/16, 08:55 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 GT CAI Opinions??

Looking to add this upgrade and am leaning towards the Steeda with SCT X4 programmer. I feel I was overthinking the calibration piece as I don't think there's a bunch of swapping calibrations out unless there's new equipment installed

Then just before pulling the trigger I saw this released by Ford https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-9603-M8A
In terms of bang for the buck I can get the 87MM throttle body and spacer. I spoke with a guy at Ford Racing and he stated the cal can be installed by myself but some dealers may not warranty. Well the same applies to other CAI and tuners so you can see my dilemma here.

Thanks in advance for you inputs.....
Old 10/28/16, 01:51 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I just put the Steeda CAI on my 2015 GT, great fit and finish, added deeper grumble without being louder than stock, which is just what I wanted. Noticeable power gains from 3500-5000 rpm (didn't go any higher on quick test drive)=Tires breaking loose in second gear, which was not happening before upgrade. Got a great discount from TJ at Steeda from this forum and excellent customer service regarding a minor glitch regarding shipping. Plan to add tune when closer to warranty date.
Old 10/29/16, 08:53 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 684 Likes on 347 Posts
Choose a CAI that supports the end goal for the car.
( larger MAF, zip tube, T/B etc. )
A CAI that doesn't need a tune, isn't worth buying......only a cosmetic upgrade.
Tuning can void your warranty.