Ecoboost

My Neighbor Bought an Ecoboost

Search this Thread

Old 12/22/14, 02:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
My Neighbor Bought an Ecoboost

So as I'm pulling out of my garage the other night I notice the distinctive tell tale brake lights of the 2015 Mustang pulling up the driveway of my neighbor across the cul-de-sac from me. So I wheel my car around and pull in behind him. We have both been Mustang fans for a long time. He picked up a graphite (Guard) colored ecoboost with the performance package and the black wheels. They gave him some kind of rebate and he was out the door for just over 30 grand not counting tax and tags.

I have to say that I really liked the color and having black wheels on my 2014 I was immediately a fan of the black wheels on his. The interior was well done and since he opted for the premium package it was equipped with black leather seats. He really wanted cloth seats for better comfort but cloth was not available with the package options he had ordered. Seeing the car in person had the effect of making me appreciate the body design a little more although to be honest I'm still not sure about the front end. I was not, however, going to say that to him. He is very proud of his new car and really wanted one and truthfully its a good looking car. I would never deny that its still a fine car and of course we stood around his garage and made over it like a couple of drooling idiots for 30 minutes or so. All things considered, the new Mustang is still a much better looking car than most of the bland appliances that populate the roads these days. The color / wheel combination is fantastic and looks really good on the 2015.

He told me he is averaging about 30 mpg and that is really good for a motor that is just breaking in. My V6 averages right at 22 for comparison. So now there are two proud Mustang owners on my street and our goal is to convert several more envious guys around the block. They just don't know what they're missing driving around in those big boring *** SUV's.

Last edited by 3point7; 12/22/14 at 03:26 PM.
Old 12/22/14, 03:54 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Would love to see pics of his Guard/performance pack car...I have that combo coming, the first week of January...in GT trim, however.
Old 12/22/14, 03:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Garbone
Would love to see pics of his Guard/performance pack car...I have that combo coming, the first week of January...in GT trim, however.
I'll see what I can do Garbone. I was thinking that he and I should take a picture of our cars side by side and post it here. Two proud Mustang owners with two different generations of the car. Might be a pretty cool picture.
Old 12/22/14, 06:44 PM
THE RED FLASH ------Moderator

Received 1,965 Likes on 1,590 Posts
From another proud and long time Mustang owner... Here's to you
Old 12/22/14, 07:07 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Good choice Here are two EcoBoost forums he might like to look at. They are just getting started on the Mustangs, but all the other EcoBoost cars are there as well as the tuners.

http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com

http://www.ecoboostownerforums.com/forum
Old 12/23/14, 01:42 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here you go. Day and night.

Mike
Attached Thumbnails My Neighbor Bought an Ecoboost-ecoboost1.jpg   My Neighbor Bought an Ecoboost-ecoboost2.jpg  
Old 12/23/14, 01:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

That's it exactly. Thanks breinin. It's a good looking car.
Old 12/24/14, 12:49 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mbreinin
Here you go. Day and night.

Mike

Nice...Thanks for posting these pics!!!
Old 12/24/14, 12:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Nice...Thanks for posting these pics!!!
It's amazing how much that color changes from day to night lighting conditions. It's a cool color, good choice Garbone.
Old 12/25/14, 10:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

So today after we did the whole Christmas thing I went outside to wash my car. It was the first day of sun we have had in awhile and the temperature was up in the fifties so I figured I better wash it while I had a chance. Anyway, while I was out there my neighbor comes home and its the first chance I get to actually hear the exhaust note on the ecoboost. It actually sounds really good despite it being a 4 cylinder. It has a slightly throaty but mellow tone. I know a lot has been made over the fact that Ford has engine noise playing over the stereo in this car. Frankly I don't see why it needs it. The car sounds d**n good with the stock exhaust system.
Old 12/26/14, 09:05 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by 3point7
So as I'm pulling out of my garage the other night I notice the distinctive tell tale brake lights of the 2015 Mustang pulling up the driveway of my neighbor across the cul-de-sac from me. So I wheel my car around and pull in behind him. We have both been Mustang fans for a long time. He picked up a graphite (Guard) colored ecoboost with the performance package and the black wheels. They gave him some kind of rebate and he was out the door for just over 30 grand not counting tax and tags. ...
Niiiiice!!! Tell him I said congrats and enjoy, 3point7!!

Originally Posted by SD CALSPCL
Good choice Here are two EcoBoost forums he might like to look at. They are just getting started on the Mustangs, but all the other EcoBoost cars are there as well as the tuners.

http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com

http://www.ecoboostownerforums.com/forum
I’m also on this one, SD CALSPCL.

Deysha
Old 12/26/14, 09:02 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by FordService
Niiiiice!!! Tell him I said congrats and enjoy, 3point7!!

I’m also on this one, SD CALSPCL.

Deysha
Thank you Deysha! I did not know about this one.
Old 12/29/14, 09:32 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by SD CALSPCL
Thank you Deysha! I did not know about this one.
You're very welcome, SD CALSPCL!

Deysha