Notices
2011 - 2014 GT/CS Special Section for the California Special owners.

Finally ordered MGW and Lowering Kit

Search this Thread

Old 3/11/14, 09:58 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Finally ordered MGW and Lowering Kit

I went with the MGW because I have heard great things about it and after watching numerous videos of the comparison with stock shifter I was sold.

In addition, getting the car lowered with the Ford P-Springs and supplimental parts, BMR Adjustable Panhard bar. Don't want a huge drop, just enough to remove some of that wheel gap. I'll probably complete the package with the rest of the suspension down the road.

Next on the list: wheels/tires and brakes.

Oh, also got rid of those cheeseball caliper covers. What the heck was I thinking? Probably 1980's me thought it was a good idea?

Last edited by Last1; 3/11/14 at 10:00 AM.
Old 3/11/14, 12:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Last1
I went with the MGW because I have heard great things about it and after watching numerous videos of the comparison with stock shifter I was sold. In addition, getting the car lowered with the Ford P-Springs and supplimental parts, BMR Adjustable Panhard bar. Don't want a huge drop, just enough to remove some of that wheel gap. I'll probably complete the package with the rest of the suspension down the road. Next on the list: wheels/tires and brakes. Oh, also got rid of those cheeseball caliper covers. What the heck was I thinking? Probably 1980's me thought it was a good idea?
congrats! Pics once you lower it. What caliper covers did you have?
Old 3/11/14, 01:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks! Will definitely post pics when done. I had the MGP covers. They were alright when I put them on, but after about 6 months with this harsh winter they were looking quite bad, especially close up. Definitely not worth it and if I could go back I'd save myself some money.
Old 3/12/14, 05:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Last One,

Good Job I hope you enjoy it. I just finished my install with

A. Ford Racing Dynamic Shock & Strut Kit
B. SR Performance Lowering Springs
C. Steeda Adjustable Panhard Bar
D. Ford Racing GT500 Style Strut Mount Upgrade

Now I'm looking for wheels and no mustang forum has a thread just on wheels. It's becoming quite a challenging because I want my wheels to fit perfectly!
Attached Thumbnails Finally ordered MGW and Lowering Kit-img_20140311_101620_942.jpg  
Old 3/12/14, 06:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

That looks great! I'm doing the same setup, just using Konis instead. Just waiting for good weather and a free day.
Old 3/12/14, 07:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Looks good freemajc. I'll probably also go with the same shock/strut setup in a year or so. How do you like the handling now?

I agree... we need a wheel-only thread. I have my eyes on the Shelby CS1 (matte black) but I hear they are heavy, so may go with the forgestar F14's. I really want some wider summer tires!
Old 3/13/14, 12:46 PM
Bullitt Member

No UCA?
Old 3/13/14, 12:59 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
perfect stance... not aggressive but elegant .
Old 3/13/14, 01:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Bocefus
No UCA?
Yes, getting upper/lower. Should I hold off on the lower?
Old 3/13/14, 01:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Another question freemajc. Are those 1/4 louvers matte black or SG? If they are SG, the sun just has a weird angle on it making them look darker.

Last edited by MDkid92; 3/13/14 at 01:06 PM.
Old 3/14/14, 03:51 PM

Looks good freemajc. I'll probably also go with the same shock/strut setup in a year or so. How do you like the handling now?

I agree... we need a wheel-only thread. I have my eyes on the Shelby CS1 (matte black) but I hear they are heavy, so may go with the forgestar F14's. I really want some wider summer tires!
I looooooooooooooooooove the handling, launches and connection to the road. I'm saving up to but some wheels and going with Avant Garde Wheels M368, 19x8.5" ET35 / 19x9.5" ET40. Tires most likely will have to run 19" 245/45/19 front & 275/40/19 rear Hankook Ventus V12 Evo K110. I think I will be fine with those tires.
Old 3/14/14, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Bocefus
No UCA?
No UCA or needed in my opinion. The Ford dampers must be a really good match! Even the technician was like "WOW"
Old 3/14/14, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by MDkid92
That looks great! I'm doing the same setup, just using Konis instead. Just waiting for good weather and a free day.

That day is coming very soon I bet!
Old 3/14/14, 04:00 PM

Yes, getting upper/lower. Should I hold off on the lower?
I would and see how you like the ride, handles! In my opinion I would add a little at a time. I really think the UCA's/LCA's are over kill. These forums post will get you in trouble if you don't filter out the BS! Maybe their worth it, but I'm no longer driving on the Autobahn! I'm back state side and 55MPH roads!
Old 3/14/14, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by MDkid92
Another question freemajc. Are those 1/4 louvers matte black or SG? If they are SG, the sun just has a weird angle on it making them look darker.

These are matte black. The sun was very bright last weekend in Virginia. I purchased the MMD Eleanor Style Scoops - Pre-painted but I didn't like the look and now I wish I could sell them.
Old 3/14/14, 04:25 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Ya Boy Freeman
I would and see how you like the ride, handles! In my opinion I would add a little at a time. I really think the UCA's/LCA's are over kill. These forums post will get you in trouble if you don't filter out the BS! Maybe their worth it, but I'm no longer driving on the Autobahn! I'm back state side and 55MPH roads!
It's not BS dude, if LCAs can help my six with only ~300 wheel hp it will def. help the 5.0 with ~370 wheel stock hp. They help with traction and wheel hop. Even after you get wheels and tires LCAs can help and they don't cost a lot. Now I would say adding them one at a time as needed is best. Add the LCAs and if you think that's enough stop there. If your still not getting enough traction or have wheel hop add the UCA & mount. Even for a DD this beneficial.
Old 3/14/14, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Ajcruz1
It's not BS dude, if LCAs can help my six with only ~300 wheel hp it will def. help the 5.0 with ~370 wheel stock hp. They help with traction and wheel hop. Even after you get wheels and tires LCAs can help and they don't cost a lot. Now I would say adding them one at a time as needed is best. Add the LCAs and if you think that's enough stop there. If your still not getting enough traction or have wheel hop add the UCA & mount. Even for a DD this beneficial.

Ajcruz1 ,

Thanks for the input. I will wait awhile before I decide! However, I did notice a considerable amount of improvement in relations to traction with the dampers/springs. Night and day difference IMHO!

R,

Free
Old 3/14/14, 06:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks for all the advice everyone! Actually decided against the UCA/LCA for now. I'll see how it is first. I can always add that later when I do the full suspension.
Old 3/20/14, 02:09 PM
Bullitt Member

No UCA or needed in my opinion. The Ford dampers must be a really good match! Even the technician was like "WOW"
u changed ur pinion angle. Adjusting the UCA is heavily recommended. Research what an incorrect pinion angle will do to your rear end over time.
Old 3/20/14, 02:09 PM
Bullitt Member

said no mechanic ever

Quick Reply: Finally ordered MGW and Lowering Kit