Tire and Wheel Tech All the tire and wheel technical information you can think of in one place!

Submit Your Questions for The Performance Experts Behind Goodyear’s Eagle Tires

Search this Thread

Old 7/16/13, 05:55 PM
IB Staff

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Submit Your Questions for The Performance Experts Behind Goodyear’s Eagle Tires

Name:  5vpjH5D.png
Views: 16
Size:  35.3 KB

Hello TheMustangSource.com Members from the Goodyear Team.

Goodyear is celebrating the launch of its newest performer, the Eagle Sport All-Season, by offering an opportunity to have your questions answered by the experts behind this new tire.

The Eagle Sport All-Season blends responsiveness and all-season traction to help create outstanding wet and dry handling all year long. Goodyear is excited to offer this tire at many retail outlets across North America, because Goodyear knows driving is more than getting from Point A to B – it’s about the enjoyment of being behind the wheel.

Beginning today, with this post, we will open a special thread for all of you to submit your questions to our team.

The thread will collect questions for 10 days. Then, we will gather the questions posted and spend the next few days answering as many as we can before providing you answers 1-2 days later.

We are extremely excited to be able to do this, and we have only a few requests:

1. Please use this thread ONLY to submit questions.
2. Please understand there will be some questions we will not be able to answer. We can not divulge any proprietary information and can only speak from our areas of expertise.
3. Please understand we will not, and cannot, comment or speculate on the products of our competitors.

Thank you all for your understanding and enthusiasm.

Please ask any questions you have, as our team consists of marketers, engineers, and developers. Some of the members answering your questions will be:

Bob Toth
Director, Products and Innovation

Tim Lovell
Technical Project Manager, Consumer Tires

Tara Foote
Brand Manager, Performance Tires

Jim Davis
PR Manager, Consumer Tires

The Goodyear Eagle Team

Last edited by IB Nolan; 8/26/13 at 12:01 PM.
Old 8/28/13, 09:33 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Old 9/2/13, 11:38 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok ill bite... I need info/advice. I am almost ready to pull the trigger on new tires for my '13 boss 302. What tire would you guys recommend that is a good mix tire for daily driving and at least one autocross a month? Ive been looking at the eagle f-1 supercar tire but have heard they will not last very long? I would appreciate any info offered. Oh by the way i am wanting to stay with the factory staggered fit 19" wheel set up for now.
Old 9/3/13, 05:55 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
1) Usually an all-season tire is a compromise between all types of tire, but it's not usually 'best in category' in winter or summer, it's a compromise.
With the Sport All-Seasons, were there any compromises, does it handle better at one side or the other?

2) What significant changes have there been in tire technology in the last 5 years and (without having to get into detail about future products) where do you see things going and improving in the next 5-10 years down the road (pun intended)?
Old 9/3/13, 07:33 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
What can you say about the road noise level of these tires as they wear? Is there a marked increase in volume at 50% wear? 75% wear?
Old 9/3/13, 10:31 AM
I Have No Life

Tony... previous tires I have had are INSANELY loud as they wear.
Curious on the noise level as well.
Old 9/20/13, 01:34 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you all for your questions and interest in Goodyear's Eagle Tires. Please see the answers below:

Originally Posted by Hillbillyred
Ok ill bite... I need info/advice. I am almost ready to pull the trigger on new tires for my '13 boss 302. What tire would you guys recommend that is a good mix tire for daily driving and at least one autocross a month? Ive been looking at the eagle f-1 supercar tire but have heard they will not last very long? I would appreciate any info offered. Oh by the way i am wanting to stay with the factory staggered fit 19" wheel set up for now.

The Eagle F1 Supercar is an excellent tire that is designed with on-street usage in mind. As for autocrossing, you will reduce the wear life of your tires with the high cornering & traction requirements at these events. As always, inspect your tires regularly for wear, inflation and potential damage. And with track-type competition, we recommend taking off the autocross tires when you leave the track – earmarking a set for autocrossing and a set for street use.

Originally Posted by Boomer
1) Usually an all-season tire is a compromise between all types of tire, but it's not usually 'best in category' in winter or summer, it's a compromise.With the Sport All-Seasons, were there any compromises, does it handle better at one side or the other?

As you look at tires, Goodyear references something called the “Performance Triangle” – a balance of traction, tread life and rolling resistance (fuel efficiency). Achieving optimum balance in performance is a key. The Eagle Sport All-Season features balanced performance in all seasons and enhanced performance in snow and ice.

Originally Posted by Boomer
2) What significant changes have there been in tire technology in the last 5 years and (without having to get into detail about future products) where do you see things going and improving in the next 5-10 years down the road (pun intended)?
Tire technology – for Goodyear – is based on market-back development. New concepts and innovations can be great, but they have to help the tire work and provide a real consumer benefit. As we look at recent trends in tire technology and where it’s headed, we would cite these examples:
- More asymmetric tread patterns.
- All-season performance has been enhanced (there are now UHP all-season tires).
- UHP tires have increased tread wear warranty ratings.
- Goodyear, specifically, is working on tires made with soybean oil, specialized compounds and more.
More new cars than ever before are coming standard with UHP tires.

Originally Posted by Tony Alonso
What can you say about the road noise level of these tires as they wear? Is there a marked increase in volume at 50% wear? 75% wear?

The Eagle Sport All-Season was developed with low noise in mind. Goodyear tests all of its consumer tires for new and worn noise levels, to help make certain those tires deliver acceptable low-noise performance. Of course, the key for consumers is to keep treadwear even as the tires wear. This involves regular tire rotation, good wheel alignment and proper inflation.
Old 10/4/13, 08:05 AM
I Have No Life

Sounds good, thanks for the replies!