Notices
Suspension, Brakes, and Tire Tech Place to discuss suspension mods for all models

suggestions on suspension kit

Search this Thread

Old 7/29/16, 09:57 PM
JMU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
suggestions on suspension kit

Hi guys

My car is a 2011 GT/CS, everything is stock on it and unfortunately there are a lot of suspension noise in there.

My driving style is so normal just a little bit of street racing and weekend cruises nothing more and I have another car for the family and the daily use.

So I decided to upgrade the suspension, and I've received the:

1- SR Performance lowering springs 1.5" all corners
2- Ford racing sway bars kit
3- RTR adjustable panhard bar

didn't install anything yet
i really want your advise and suggestions about what should I buy to complete a good suspension for my driving style and stop or reduce these horrible noises.

the main parts on my list are:
1- shocks and sturts and i'm thinking about KONI STR.T Shock & Strut Kit
2- rear Upper and lower control arms (Non Adjustable)
3- front control arms bushings
4- ball joints
5- front inner and outer Tie Rod

how does it sound guys?? are they a lot of parts for my driving style???

what parts should I remove from the list??

any more parts you guys suggest??

sorry if there are any language mistakes ( English is not my mother tongue language)

Last edited by JMU; 7/29/16 at 09:59 PM.
Old 7/29/16, 10:24 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
You didn't tell your mileage. Where is the noise coming from front or back. I would think the ball joints and rod ends should be good unless a lot of miles are on them or they have been in salty conditions which tend to shorten their life. Stock struts are not the best and replacing them with after market would be an improvement. If it was me I wouldn't shotgun it. I would do it in steps so you would know what caused your noise.
Old 7/29/16, 11:12 PM
JMU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dusman59
You didn't tell your mileage. Where is the noise coming from front or back. I would think the ball joints and rod ends should be good unless a lot of miles are on them or they have been in salty conditions which tend to shorten their life. Stock struts are not the best and replacing them with after market would be an improvement. If it was me I wouldn't shotgun it. I would do it in steps so you would know what caused your noise.

it's about 83K miles and a hot humid weather conditions

actually I can say the sounds coming from the the ball joints and the sway bar bushings it's sounds like that, you can hear the sounds when you come over bump or a bad road and you can really hear it over a pothole, I feel kind of vibration under my legs on 70 mph, the car seems a little bit lower than stock and I can feel the shocks and sturts going bad.